Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Owlstalk

George Hirst

18 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The Owlstalk thread of the Leeds players falling over each other was one of the best things I’ve ever seen on the internet 

ha ha I wish I could find it - Think it was one of the threads that didn't make the cull

Do you have photoshop wizards/similar threads on here?

8 hours ago, Owlstalk said:

I've always been on Foxestalk pretty much from day one. I know the admin on here as I run the Sheffield Wednesday version of this site over on another part of the internet :)

As far as I am concerned, you're more than welcome here too.

• Like 2

On 31/05/2020 at 13:41, sacreblueits442 said:

...this may be a silly question, but how or why are you on foxes talk!!!

Just asking, serious question.

it's always good to get perspective from other clubs @Owlstalk. We have regular contributors on here from other teams and it is all good in my opinion

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

@Owlstalk if George makes it at Prem level, will the animosity amongst your supporters grow against the player or the club for letting this happen?

My honest feeling is that as time goes by the anger will naturally fade.

It really does depend on what happens with our chairman. We are currently being charged with misconduct for FFP/P&S, selling our own stadium to our own chairman and it looks like the EFL are suggesting we also tried to put the sale of it in last years accounts instead of the current ones in order to get round Profit and Sustainability etc 

Since coming to our club Chansiri has basically sank a significant amount of his own money into the club. All the sponsors of our club have been our chairman. His name is splattered on the North Stand as main sponsor as he says that he can put more money in than we could get from sponsors (believe it or not). We have sponsorship by Elev8 (a chansiri company that didn't sell anything until recently), we have sponsorship by D-Taxis (a chansiri taxi company that doesn't own or run any taxi's at all) and we make our own kits (obviously a company does, we don't have fans knitting them). This hasn't sat well with many fans to say the least.

So if the worst happens and the EFL find us guilty next month we could get up to 21 points deduction which would relegate the club. The only thing on our side on this one is that we've employed an uber-lawyer to totally smash the EFL back in the face and out legal them. Chansiri and two others were charged individually with misconduct, but after this uber-lawyer did this thing those charged were dropped.

Hopefully we don't get any punishments from the EFL as it could really damage the club, and relegation would be an absolute killer.

There are many fans who believe the EFL is just out to get us, out to make a point, out to have us as a showcase trial in order to appease the likes of Steve Gibson who has basically accused us of cheating with these sponsors and financial stuff.

So the short answer to how fans will see the Hirst thing, is how Chansiri is viewed long term. Many fans will always just say Hirst was a money grabber, his dad's advice was anti-swfc, his agents were never in our clubs interests, and Nigel Pearson was involved in a dirty transfer of Hirst to Leicester via the sneaky route.

But if Chansiri ends up getting us into all kinds of bother that we can't get out of, then our fans will view Chansiri has being the main culprit, falling out with club legend David Hirst, freezing his lad out of the club totally (he wasn't allowed to play for the U23's , and wasn't even allowed to train with the club at all).

I'm more chilled about it than most. What happened happened.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

had some great away days at Hillsborough over the years. used to drink in a boozer up the road (The Railway?) 

Wednesday definately been underachieving for a long time. For someone of my age, they'll always be one of the "big boys" and it would be good to see them and the grand old Hillsborough back in the PL

@Owlstalk I presume Jamie Vardy is still held in high regard in your parts (even if he did slip through the net at Wednesday)?

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

had some great away days at Hillsborough over the years. used to drink in a boozer up the road (The Railway?) 

Wednesday definately been underachieving for a long time. For someone of my age, they'll always be one of the "big boys" and it would be good to see them and the grand old Hillsborough back in the PL

@Owlstalk I presume Jamie Vardy is still held in high regard in your parts (even if he did slip through the net at Wednesday)?

Yeah Vardy is one of those players every Wednesday fan have said would love to see him finish his career at our club.

He was with us as a youngster but certain incidents meant he had to leave the club and went off to non-league for a bit before exploding into life

3 hours ago, Owlstalk said:

See this is why Leicester fans have such a great reputation and why this site is one of the very best on the internet for fans of football.

Well, that's a very decent thing to say. Every club has its bad apples, sadly, but your sentiment is much appreciated. Always had a soft spot for the Owls, your ground and your fans. I've seen Leicester thrashed there twice, couldn't get to the '97 replay, and always feel terrible that your ground will forever be associated with tragedy.

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Well, that's a very decent thing to say. Every club has its bad apples, sadly, but your sentiment is much appreciated. Always had a soft spot for the Owls, your ground and your fans. I've seen Leicester thrashed there twice, couldn't get to the '97 replay, and always feel terrible that your ground will forever be associated with tragedy.

Yeah a horrific day and such a tragedy.

There have been many calls for the West Stand to be demolished/flattened and replaced as it's pretty much as it was then minus the fencing and standing area.

Only a move to another ground will ever work though.

14 hours ago, Owlstalk said:

I've always been on Foxestalk pretty much from day one. I know the admin on here as I run the Sheffield Wednesday version of this site over on another part of the internet :)

..thanks, nice to have another view on topics.

Always appreciate the input of @henrik_62 very knowledgeable poster and gives a good perspective on the game on the other side of the border.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Owlstalk said:

Yeah a horrific day and such a tragedy.

There have been many calls for the West Stand to be demolished/flattened and replaced as it's pretty much as it was then minus the fencing and standing area.

Only a move to another ground will ever work though.

How much talk of this is there?

Few Wednesday lads I went on a stag with were saying some land had been maybe identified near Meadowhall. All very much against it.

I live in the 6 and to see Wednesday leave the 'Boro' would be terrible.

Looks to be space out the back of Leppings Lane to start renovations with that stand.

Echo what Stadt said, I could not fathom the support Chansiri seemed to get for so long but does now appear to be a lot more questioning of him from the support.

56 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Few Wednesday lads I went on a stag with were saying some land had been maybe identified near Meadowhall. All very much against it.

Looks to be space out the back of Leppings Lane to start renovations with that stand.

Echo what Stadt said, I could not fathom the support Chansiri seemed to get for so long but does now appear to be a lot more questioning of him from the support.

it's hard to imagine Sheffield Wednesday moving from Hillsborough but I guess it could happen one day. Capacity wise, Hillsborough is more than adequate. if they got promoted and established in the PL then I could see it happening,

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

The talk of land being identified is just pure speculation and rumour

There's not much talk about moving to be honest.

I think it's recognised now that Chansiri would potentially move the club to a new ground to maximise the potential of the club but only as and when we are promoted to the Premier League

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Good to see the lad break into the 1st team... he's our future!

I'd love to see us sign Troy Deeney now... he'd be a great mentor for George and give us some badly needed backbone!

I thought someone like Deeney for a nominal fee would be good here but there's lots of Watford fans who say he's been abysmal this season and can barely play. Anyway, it's pointless even considering it as he's everything Rodgers doesn't like in a forward player.

On 31/05/2020 at 13:41, sacreblueits442 said:

...this may be a silly question, but how or why are you on foxes talk!!!

Just asking, serious question.

Owlstalk, don't take any notice.

There are quite a few supporters of other clubs on here and some of them have been on for years. Mostly proper football people and not WUMs.

Welcome to Foxestalk!

Guest An Sionnach
29 minutes ago, sdb said:

Deeney is way past it. And Hirst is miles off it too. Hopefully some prem exposure will help get him a championship loan for next season.

As Vardy will be 34 soon , older than Deeney, it is probably wrong to set on another veteran . If you want a strong forward of the right age , like Mitrovic , be prepared to spend a small fortune. The loan system for our younger players is rubbish , Hirst should get a squad number and be given playing time off the bench in some of our huge number of games next season.

7 hours ago, sdb said:

Deeney is way past it. And Hirst is miles off it too. Hopefully some prem exposure will help get him a championship loan for next season.

When I saw Watford on tv after Deeney’s return from injury he always had an impact. If he’s gone the club will know it, but I wouldn’t be against a one year deal if he’s fit

You’re spot on about Hirst. He’ll do well to get a championship club...

Wasn't Kane in a similar position (although he'd had a few loans, obviously) but broke through as a Premier League player after scoring goals in the Europa League? I'm not suggesting that young Hirst is comparable to Kane but perhaps he might get a chance in the same competition to prove his worth? 

• Like 1