Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
petersmith1942

the night it all went wrong

even before kick off at Bournemouth our stuttering restart was lent emphasis as Crystal Palace were proved to be men of straw and the best recent win seemed less

It all started fine, Bournemouth were crap and Pereira, Maddison and Chilwell werent being missed. Vardy did what he does best after a Bournemouth error of some proportions

Then at half time Rodgers made more than one mistake. He brought off Iheanacho and brought on Praet. Why he did that who knows. Praet is ok but has never imposed himself on a game yet and it was an insult to Bournemouth, Iheanacho, Barnes and  Gray. Perez was doing nothing and Justin was doing nothing on the wing. 

Did Rodgers think it didnt matter, anyone would do and it was in the bag. Surely Barnes or Gray should have come on for Perez and Justin to show we meant business and respected Bournemouth?

Even after 20 second half minutes we were still ahead but the signs had been coming something was wrong. And then the pass it back to the goalkeeper crap happened and the cock up so often on the cards happened and they were level. It was clear the team werent happy and it went from bad to worse and I switched off Pick when the third goal was deflected

In a few short minutes at half time Rodgers destroyed his players trust in his decision making and the Champions League has gone

Pereira had been badly missed, no criticism of Justin, a fine young player but not a winger to keep on rather than Gray or Barnes. Iheanach was a honest toiler, no worse than Petrez and a better partner for Vardy

Towards the end of the Southampton route I had a feeling of unease it might come back to haunt us and so it did on the same South coast

Sad night but we flattered to deceive for a long time and Rodgers never admitted that fact; always an excuse and we were fine

Hope its not the beginning of the end of an adventure that lots in Glasgow will say you got what you deserved

Peter Smith

7 minutes ago, petersmith1942 said:

even before kick off at Bournemouth our stuttering restart was lent emphasis as Crystal Palace were proved to be men of straw and the best recent win seemed less

It all started fine, Bournemouth were crap and Pereira, Maddison and Chilwell werent being missed. Vardy did what he does best after a Bournemouth error of some proportions

Then at half time Rodgers made more than one mistake. He brought off Iheanacho and brought on Praet. Why he did that who knows. Praet is ok but has never imposed himself on a game yet and it was an insult to Bournemouth, Iheanacho, Barnes and  Gray. Perez was doing nothing and Justin was doing nothing on the wing. 

Did Rodgers think it didnt matter, anyone would do and it was in the bag. Surely Barnes or Gray should have come on for Perez and Justin to show we meant business and respected Bournemouth?

Even after 20 second half minutes we were still ahead but the signs had been coming something was wrong. And then the pass it back to the goalkeeper crap happened and the cock up so often on the cards happened and they were level. It was clear the team werent happy and it went from bad to worse and I switched off Pick when the third goal was deflected

In a few short minutes at half time Rodgers destroyed his players trust in his decision making and the Champions League has gone

Pereira had been badly missed, no criticism of Justin, a fine young player but not a winger to keep on rather than Gray or Barnes. Iheanach was a honest toiler, no worse than Petrez and a better partner for Vardy

Towards the end of the Southampton route I had a feeling of unease it might come back to haunt us and so it did on the same South coast

Sad night but we flattered to deceive for a long time and Rodgers never admitted that fact; always an excuse and we were fine

Hope its not the beginning of the end of an adventure that lots in Glasgow will say you got what you deserved

Peter Smith

It started going wrong well.before the Bournemouth game.

It went wrong a long time ago. I don't know when, but it was a long time ago.

I think Rodgers' fundamental flaws were exposed tonight. He's a coward. I don't know if I'll ever fully get over that result in the same way I haven't Villa.

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think Rodgers' fundamental flaws were exposed tonight. He's a coward. I don't know if I'll ever fully get over that result in the same way I haven't Villa.

...that performance against Villa I thought was equal to a sacking offence.

26 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think the Gerrard slip might have broken something in his brain. I think there is still hope. But I wish Ranieri hadn't got rid of the sports psychologists, because we need them now.   [Actually - screw them - what about the fan's psychologists!]

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

If you are going to take big risks like he did, then you simply have to own up to it. I think so much less of him as s person now. 

Look all the way back to the Pearson ostrich gate, if you actually look at why Pearson has done this it’s actually more clever than we realise. He was taking the pressure off of his players because he had there backs. He didn’t want them to be questioned and he was trying to protect them. 

Then we look at Brendan, a terrible loss at a terrible time but we still have it all to play for. Any noble manager would take the brunt of the blame and make sure that he tried to keep his players heads high for the remaining games. But instead of accepting he made a mistake he suggests one of the players wasn’t playing well enough. The arrogance of it all was eye watering. 

I guarantee those comments will effect Kel who we all know is a confidence player. He had honestly been the difference maker in this side and him, Perez and Vardy were looking a solid trio. I’m worried we are going to roll over in the last 3 games now. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If you are going to take big risks like he did, then you simply have to own up to it. I think so much less of him as s person now. 

Look all the way back to the Pearson ostrich gate, if you actually look at why Pearson has done this it’s actually more clever than we realise. He was taking the pressure off of his players because he had there backs. He didn’t want them to be questioned and he was trying to protect them. 

Then we look at Brendan, a terrible loss at a terrible time but we still have it all to play for. Any noble manager would take the brunt of the blame and make sure that he tried to keep his players heads high for the remaining games. But instead of accepting he made a mistake he suggests one of the players wasn’t playing well enough. The arrogance of it all was eye watering. 

I guarantee those comments will effect Kel who we all know is a confidence player. He had honestly been the difference maker in this side and him, Perez and Vardy were looking a solid trio. I’m worried we are going to roll over in the last 3 games now. 

And the player who is most blatantly a confidence player. Nacho is talented, but he really needs to feel confident. He has been very good of late but this comment from Rodgers is unforgivable.    (sorry - just read the last paragraph - I agree (obviously).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

And the player who is most blatantly a confidence player. Nacho is talented, but he really needs to feel confident. He has been very good of late but this comment from Rodgers is unforgivable.    (sorry - just read the last paragraph - I agree (obviously).

Glad we’re on the same page. Tbh I think the whole forum is at the moment. If we miss out, Brendan has to work hard to regain the faith because for me he’s back at day 1. 

• Like 1