Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Transfer window wishlist

I suspect 99.5% of us would agree we would like to be rid of Silva and Slimani, whose contracts expire in 11 months, but realistically I'm pretty certain no one will buy them, because no one will match the wages they are on. Any agent in their right minds will say run your contracts down lads. 

With that in mind, I would be tempted to keep them in the Club next season pretty much solely to play in Europa Cup and other cup games. They both have extensive European experience, and whilst they haven't succeeded in the Premier League, they are not totally useless. They give us a bit more experience, and we may as well use our assets as much as we can. The only other option is a final loan for both of them, but then we will still be paying a significant portion of their wages. The Europa Cup also puts them in the shop window to obtain a final contract with someone when they become free agents on July 1st next year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Vertonghen and Fraser wouldn’t be bad starts; think it’ll be Vestergaard, Hojbjerg and a 17 year old from Queen of the South, who has a Scottish schoolboy cap and billed as one for the future.

Just out of interest, Where is Queen of the south ?

Quite a few calls in this thread to spend a very large amount of money.

This post will be shot down, and I totally get that we probably need to acquire SOME new players, but I wondered if I could make a case for NOT spending shed loads of money in this window.

Here goes:

1.Spending loads of money MIGHT push us further up the league, but it is not guaranteed, and chucking money around uselessly in this league is already Everton's calling card.  Leicester City's squad during our glory years has had a togetherness and an identity.  Who wants a disinterested roster of mercenaries? Who wants to be Everton?  

2. Sure, people are disappointed with us not making the CL, but realistically, with the top 4 getting stronger, with Arsenal and Spurs under newish managers and improving, and the likes of Wolves, Sheffield United, and maybe even Southampton of late looking fairly strong, how much money would we realistically have to spend to get 5th or above?  Should we not just consolidate in the top half and go for a cup rather than breaking the bank?

3. Revenue plans for many football clubs are up in the air until the virus passes and they can fill grounds and a big economic shock is on its way.  Leicester City, more than most clubs, should be wary of financial overstretch.  We have a new training facility and want to enlarge the ground.  Is it financially prudent or sustainable to go mad in the market in this window?

4.  We have a good generally young side peppered with experience.  We were unlucky with injuries this season and the mega rich clubs sorted themselves out after we had gained a lead on them. If we can get our best players fit, is it not the case that we will struggle to buy with any value additional players who would be better than them?

5.  We have an academy that has produced a few promising players who have made it into the first team.  Why buy players when you might be able to grow them ?  

Get your pitchforks....  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheF1Bob said:

Guendouzi -  Still young. Likes to move the ball forward. Type of player Brendan would love and build to be better.

The squad already has a poor mentality, we don’t need to add to that issue. 

• Like 4