Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Transfer window wishlist

What's been brutally exposed since Christmas is our lack of strength in depth. We're looking at a nine figure spree to put ourselves in contention for another Champions League race.

We desperately need a winger or two - an ACTUAL winger, not a stand-in. We look dreadful without Ricardo and need to cling onto him as well as get quality backup, together with back four cover.

A clear out is also needed. Slimani, Silva, Mendy, Gray and James should all be goners. Cut them there losses and fund the influx.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bilo said:

We look dreadful without Ricardo and need to cling onto him as well as get quality backup

Backup for right-back? So you think we're just going to bin off last summer's £8m young signing who has done admirably in his first dozen top flight games?

• Like 1

This is a huge window for us and I would look to do as much business as possible. I'm normally sceptical about doing lots of business in one window, but it feels like we need it currently.

It's been dismal since early December and despite several opportunities to reset and get back to winning ways we've arguably got worse and worse. There is clearly an issue with the quality of our squad players and there is clearly an issue with the mentality of this squad. We are tame, timid and mentally weak. Maybe that comes from the manager, but I would roll the dice and attempt to freshen up this under performing team.

I would sell Chilwell, if only because of the money it would generate. If clubs come in for Gray, Iheanacho, Choudhury etc I would sell. Not because they are bad players, but they are players that haven't been trusted with starting games regularly. Decent options off the bench, but not trusted enough.. Roll the dice and try to replace them with better players.

I'd invest heavily in two wingers. Not another player like Perez, but wingers. That could radically change our teams setup against us and stop them simply sitting low and flooding the middle to smother Maddison and Tielemans.

I'd sign players that can actually play the way Rodgers wants. We can't cope with fixture congestion as intensity and tempo is so important to how we play. Sign players that are fitter, have better engines, if that's how we intend to play.

Hopefully we'll see some early business to get fans excited again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

We need some players with a bit of character...never replaced the likes of Huth,Ulloa,Okazaki,Wasalewski and Simpson....Theilmans,Perez,Praet,Maddison,Chilwell,Barnes,Ineahacho..good players but lightweight

Soyuncu? Evans? Pereira? 

Im fed up with people saying sell choudhury. They clearly aren’t versed in squad requirements.

you need 4 players trained by the club for 3 years before their 21st birthday, as part of an 8 that have been trained in England for 3 years before their 21st birthday. In any 25 man European competition squad.

hamza isn’t the best but who the hell else are we going to Put in our 25 man squad? We’re already destined to lose chilwell ffs.

I think we need to get in some proven winner like we did with Ricardo, he'd won a few things in the past and that's the kind of mentality we need in the team. Our league title aside no-one has won anything in the starting line up.

OK Evans has but he needs his replacement buying too I feel he will decline over the next season or two.  

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think we need to get in some proven winner like we did with Ricardo, he'd won a few things in the past and that's the kind of mentality we need in the team. Our league title aside no-one has won anything in the starting line up.

OK Evans has but he needs his replacement buying too I feel he will decline over the next season or two.  

Telles!!!! Had a release clause of around 35m. Should be all over that!

If we want to compete on a consistent basis with the top 6 or top 4 we really do need upgrades throughout the first team squad. 

All of the following need moving on and upgraded replacements sought.

Bennet

Morgan

Fuchs

Amartey

Gray

Albrighton

James

Silva

Mendy

Slimani

Iheanacho

Perez

Diabate

Outs:

James (loan, or anything just get rid)

Slimani (free, last year of contract off the books)

Silva (free, last year of contract off the books)

Diabate (£2m?)

Amartey (£6-7m?)

Ghezzal (loan, or somehow £3-4m?)

Ward (assume he'd want first team football at this point)

Gray (as above, he just won't cut it here)

Iheanacho (I'd keep him, especially with EL games but again, he might want to play every week)

Ins:

Edouard (£25-30m?)

Viktor Tsyhankov (£20-25m)

Calvin Stengs (30m)

Wesley Fofana (£20m)

^^^ Ins are a little bit 'Football Manager-ish' but I guess they fit the mould in being young & having strong re-sale value in the future. Keeping Ricardo would be like another signing but think he'll move on - only two years left on his contract as well.

Someone like Dominik Szoboszlai or Patson Daka from Salzburg would be good options and we should have enough about us to lure players like this. It really is a massive transfer window for us. Could also stick domestically and try to nick a winger from Brentford - I'd rather we sign Mbuemo than Benrahma (controversially) - even Wakins is a good shout as their front three are excellent in all honesty.

22 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

A bit of experience. Someone like a Milner. Knows the league and has successes in the past. Prehaps not a regular started but a key player in the dressing room. Our “leaders” showed their inexperience this year. 

Agree..you need some strong characters in a successful team..thats why Jordan Henderson was player of the season..we had Kasper in goal and Vardy up front..but in the middle we were too lightweight, talented yes but you need to earn the right to play..Ndidi needed assistance..

Edited by drofmor55

50 minutes ago, Frost said:

Outs:

James (loan, or anything just get rid)

Slimani (free, last year of contract off the books)

Silva (free, last year of contract off the books)

Diabate (£2m?)

Amartey (£6-7m?)

Ghezzal (loan, or somehow £3-4m?)

Ward (assume he'd want first team football at this point)

Gray (as above, he just won't cut it here)

Iheanacho (I'd keep him, especially with EL games but again, he might want to play every week)

Ins:

Edouard (£25-30m?)

Viktor Tsyhankov (£20-25m)

Calvin Stengs (30m)

Wesley Fofana (£20m)

^^^ Ins are a little bit 'Football Manager-ish' but I guess they fit the mould in being young & having strong re-sale value in the future. Keeping Ricardo would be like another signing but think he'll move on - only two years left on his contract as well.

Someone like Dominik Szoboszlai or Patson Daka from Salzburg would be good options and we should have enough about us to lure players like this. It really is a massive transfer window for us. Could also stick domestically and try to nick a winger from Brentford - I'd rather we sign Mbuemo than Benrahma (controversially) - even Wakins is a good shout as their front three are excellent in all honesty.

Ricardo has three years left on his contract and is injured until at least October. The window for anyone moving anywhere other than the EFL shuts on October 5, so it's almost impossible for him to be fit to pass a medical to sign for anyone else.