Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
champselect

League position with current squad?

Current squad with no new signings, then I'd say probably 9th or 10th. If a few new faces are brought in, with some desperately needed quality on the wings and upfront with Jamie Vardy, then European places are definitely within our grasp.

Our collapse from December was alarming, and showed the mental fragility of our young, and small team, as well as the absolute lack of strength in depth when backs were against the wall. That being said, the squad doesn't need much towards being an established top-10 team. If someone told us that we would be in this position now, in European competitions, when we were relegated to League One back in 2009, their hands would be bitten clean off. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I was referring to how they've just gone for 4th and now they're got to pick themselves up and go again. If the aim is then 8th or 9th instead of champions league in the run-in, i think other sides like Leeds would want it more. 

Liverpool didn't win the league last season.

We're talking about players at the top of their game, they got there through sheer determination to succeed, it's in their dna to go again.

Why would our aim be 8th or 9th?