Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
champselect

League position with current squad?

With this current squad, taking extra games and travel into consideration, somewhere around 11th.

With a couple of good signings who improve the first 11 and some decent extra back up, we can potentially challenge for the lower Europa spots again.

It's going to be a tall order though- Wolves with no European games to contend with, Arsenal with their act together again, Ancellotti settled in at Everton. We won't be anywhere near 5th again this season.

• Like 1

Huge transfer window this is. We'll be in serious danger of moving back to mid table obscurity if we aren't challenging the top 6 again. If we've got to spend to improve the squad, then we've got to spend.

If we go into next summer with no european football to offer and a mid table finish I can see us struggling to hold onto out better players.

IF everyone is fit and ready to go like the start of the season including Ricardo Maddison Chilwell ect ect.. then i think top 8 still possible.

BUT if we sign 2 wide forwards/wingers style players that are consistent every week performing at a high level already then i honestly think  4/5 could be possible in the League. Some People might think the below might be Harsh on dropping people like Barnes but hes not consistent enough for me right now.

Kasper

Ricardo  Soyuncu   Evans    Chilwell

Ndidi             Tiielmens

Madders

NEW                           NEW

Vardy 

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

IF everyone is fit and ready to go like the start of the season including Ricardo Maddison Chilwell ect ect.. then i think top 8 still possible.

BUT if we sign 2 wide forwards/wingers style players that are consistent every week performing at a high level already then i honestly think  4/5 could be possible in the League. Some People might think the below might be Harsh on dropping people like Barnes but hes not consistent enough for me right now.

Kasper

Madders

Vardy 

Agree completely with this, though I’d rather have one absolutely top class RW and play Barnes than 2 half hearted purchases. 

With that, and no long term injuries, we have enough to win most games. We won’t win any games at all with our second string though...

• Like 2

Wolves increased their points total while they were in Europa from the season before when they, I would hope we can do the same

Finishing top 6 though requires one or more of the big 6 will need an off day again, Arsenal look to have a sound manager & Mourinho could do one of 2nd season syndrome specials and fire Spurs up the table

Increasing our points total should be the minimum expectation (we achieved 1.1 points per game from 6th December when Rodgers signed his new contract)

I hope we go for a cup!

14 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Only four teams were worse than us after restart. Three of them got relegated. If we are carrying any self-pity, then  we will be facing a 

battle!  We need more options than we presently have.  

If we can find  a decent goalscorer....Nacho ups his Scoring potential, then thats a Bit of pressure Off the midfield....

If Benkovic becomes also One of our Resident CBs,then another young Bline defender is still a must...

Finding or stumbling over either a outstanding Winger or Technical skilled forward is not going to be easy....in fact even if we had CL...

The present Top 4,plus London clubs just have bigger names and solid successful traditions,some posters just have to accept it, nomatter how they want

to churn & chew over Bias statistics,so more known (some yet unknown) Top noch players will be eyeing the traditional big named clubs!!!!

My Selection would use subs like Rugby Union use replacements so somewhere around this:-

First Barnes, playing either Next to Vardy or Nacho, then either One of the Three vying with Ayrez,Hirst ( Not Stück in a wide position) for First sub.

Maddison just playing Off or behind them...( Not Stu)ck in a wide position)

either Gray or Albrighton floating WBack...Add Ricardo & Chilwell to a Wback mix,when thinking of Plan B + C

I wouldnt mind seeing if Ndidi could occasionally Play a more forward role that Choudhury did a couple of times

Tielemans/Ndidi/Praet...Plus I want to see Another young Player blooded**

Choudry/ Praet/Ndidi

Ricardo/Justin/Benkovic/Evans/Soyuncu/Thomas/Chilwell

Kasper/Ward/whoever....

Kasper /Vardy Agreeing to sit out a couple of League Games ( especially Now we have Europe)

Kasper

Ricardo Benkovic Soyu Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans

<<<<< Gray >>>>>>>>>>>>

Maddison

Vardy/Nacho/Barnes             

All National Cup games. First rounds

Ward         

Justin  Evans  **   Thomas

Choudhury

Albrighton.   Praet/ **

Ayrez/Ndidi

Hirst Barnes / **    ,

These First 3 months is where Rodgers & Coaching staff have to Show their worth....& a Bit of imagination.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Vulpine Victor said:

With present squad 10th to 12th. With a new CF, CB plus winger top 6.

10th-12th? Laughable with current squad including Vardy, Evans, Soyuncu, Maddison etc plus some of Europe's finest in Ricardo & Ndidi

You're putting us below Burnley & co?

26 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Kasper

Madders

Vardy 

21 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Agree completely with this, though I’d rather have one absolutely top class RW and play Barnes than 2 half hearted purchases. 

With that, and no long term injuries, we have enough to win most games. We won’t win any games at all with our second string though...

Yeah i agree on that actually a world beater on the right and Barnes on the left i can live with! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cc_star said:

10th-12th? Laughable with current squad including Vardy, Evans, Soyuncu, Maddison etc plus some of Europe's finest in Ricardo & Ndidi

You're putting us below Burnley & co?

hmm.. if 'present' meant the current squad that finished the season without Chilwell, ricardo, and maddison then yeah 10-12th is very likely. But everyone fit like my post above then different story.