Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
champselect

League position with current squad?

4 hours ago, les-tah said:

IF everyone is fit and ready to go like the start of the season including Ricardo Maddison Chilwell ect ect.. then i think top 8 still possible.

BUT if we sign 2 wide forwards/wingers style players that are consistent every week performing at a high level already then i honestly think  4/5 could be possible in the League. Some People might think the below might be Harsh on dropping people like Barnes but hes not consistent enough for me right now.

Kasper

Ricardo  Soyuncu   Evans    Chilwell

Ndidi             Tiielmens

Madders

NEW                           NEW

Vardy 

But the likeliest way Barnes would become consistent is by playing games.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, les-tah said:

IF everyone is fit and ready to go like the start of the season including Ricardo Maddison Chilwell ect ect.. then i think top 8 still possible.

BUT if we sign 2 wide forwards/wingers style players that are consistent every week performing at a high level already then i honestly think  4/5 could be possible in the League. Some People might think the below might be Harsh on dropping people like Barnes but hes not consistent enough for me right now.

Kasper

Ricardo  Soyuncu   Evans    Chilwell

Ndidi             Tiielmens

Madders

NEW                           NEW

Vardy 

Youri can't be in a defensive role. We're ruining him in that position. He needs to be more advanced to influence the game.

We need to stop the rot as the squad as it is, is free falling. A bad start and they could fall in to the bottom half. The current squad would be 10th next year for me. Desperate for a sprinkle of quality but more importantly a couple of strong characters to take us up to a top 6 challenge again. 

• Like 1

I think it's probably going to be a tough season, at least to begin with. We've got important business to do in the transfer market - mainly adding depth - and the circumstances might mean that's more difficult than usual. Although every club is affected by this, I think we could have more to do than most to meet expectations and could be more disadvantaged than the average club. We've got important players injured or suspended. We've just had half a season of rubbish form, and squad morale won't be the best after missing out on CL. We've also got extra EL fixtures to handle with a stretched squad. Expectations are higher than ever, but I think we may need some patience.

I hope we can challenge for Europe again, but I wouldn't be gutted with 8th or 9th, all things considered, especially if we do well in the Europa League or reach the FA Cup final.

I'm optimistic about the future, but I just think this season might not be what a lot of fans expect.

• Like 1

The form after restart was very worrying. Our vulnerabilities were exposed and we were too passive and not as savvy as most top sides. We need some freshness that we didn't get over January and we paid for that. The opening games are interesting a possible six points from the first two? If we duff up it's going to get tough. 12th for me and hopefully qualify for EL knockout stage but I'm not convinced we have the game knowhow for Europe. 

Tough to predict. Despite the poor form in 2020, I still think we have a seriously talented young team if we can actually get them all on the pitch together which has rarely been the case since January. The first 2 games next season are absolutely huge. On paper they're both winnable but also potentially tricky. 2 wins and the poor form since January will be forgotten. Fail to win either, followed by a trip to Man City, and the pressure will be building up on Brendan. It really could either go either way but isn't this what makes supporting Leicester City so much more interesting than "supporting" Man U or Liverpool from your armchair in Devon? If you want certainty, however, it's probably not for you so jump on the Glory Hunter bandwagon.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Tough to predict. Despite the poor form in 2020, I still think we have a seriously talented young team if we can actually get them all on the pitch together which has rarely been the case since January. The first 2 games next season are absolutely huge. On paper they're both winnable but also potentially tricky. 2 wins and the poor form since January will be forgotten. Fail to win either, followed by a trip to Man City, and the pressure will be building up on Brendan. It really could either go either way but isn't this what makes supporting Leicester City so much more interesting than "supporting" Man U or Liverpool from your armchair in Devon? If you want certainty, however, it's probably not for you so jump on the Glory Hunter bandwagon.

Well as it stands at the moment, it will probably be Morgan or Benkovic, (maybe both) along side Cags for the first 3 games, because Evans will be suspended from his Red card against Man Utd in the last game.

On 19/08/2020 at 21:11, Gamble92 said:

One of the biggest issues we will have, that i dont see discussed, is the motivation to do it all again. It was a massive part of why we failed so badly after the title winning season. The motivation to go for top 6 was nothing like what it was the year before, and players were on bigger wages.

If we are aiming for 6th or 7th whilst lingering mid table, i can't see it meaning as much to us as it does to a Southampton or Leeds. 

Not to mention the bigger names will have already got their agents orchestrating moves away.

The current squad, with a few exceptions, hasn't won the league before so it's not a case of 'doing it again'.

10th to 14th.  For this entire calendar year we've looked the definition of a bang average mid-table side.  A few key injuries could spell huge trouble for us.

We also seriously seem to lack team spirit and courage.  If we go behind or someone pegs up back, our heads drop and the game is only ending one way

The team needs a big refresh in my opinion.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

The current squad, with a few exceptions, hasn't won the league before so it's not a case of 'doing it again'.

I was referring to how they've just gone for 4th and now they're got to pick themselves up and go again. If the aim is then 8th or 9th instead of champions league in the run-in, i think other sides like Leeds would want it more.