Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2021

2 hours ago, shen said:

If Haaland is still at Dortmund, that is a nasty group.

Brugge are one of the best talent factories in the game as well, so not a walkover either.

In 2027 and Haaland is at PSG, they now have Edouard who looks really good still haha

Brugge have also won the Belgian league 4 years in a row

1st group game and we actually beat Dortmund 1-0, and Brugge beat Atletico 4-3, so may not go the way I think!

1263850_20210520124756_1.thumb.png.85c97d5f0e6cb34d1588cf2cc1b708c5.png 

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Best of luck with it, this is a bit of a battle now! But one you are winning.

I came 14th but it was a crap 14th. It was the most bizarre league table where there were 15 points between 12th and 13th. We were shit for most of the season yet came under no pressure at all.

This season has been improvement but we've gone off a cliff of late. 6th after 13 games but we've gone and lost 7 in a row without even scoring, which is absolutely laughable - it's slightly offset by the fact we've been handed the toughest run you could possibly have in Italy, I'm talking literally the 6 biggest clubs in a row, but to get smacked at home by Torino is worrying.

Melchionna's not done a great deal this season. Not much to report on.

I've signed that Pellissard you signed as well and he's been absolutely awful.

I've made a few poor moves with signings to be honest, I know I can do better. I'm quite glad I'm having some struggles though as like I've said, it felt a 'little' easy at some points. I need a shake up though. We are so bad going forward it's laughable. Defensively not bad but it's pointless if you never score, it just nails on a 1-0 loss to every big team.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Best of luck with it, this is a bit of a battle now! But one you are winning.

I came 14th but it was a crap 14th. It was the most bizarre league table where there were 15 points between 12th and 13th. We were shit for most of the season yet came under no pressure at all.

This season has been improvement but we've gone off a cliff of late. 6th after 13 games but we've gone and lost 7 in a row without even scoring, which is absolutely laughable - it's slightly offset by the fact we've been handed the toughest run you could possibly have in Italy, I'm talking literally the 6 biggest clubs in a row, but to get smacked at home by Torino is worrying.

Melchionna's not done a great deal this season. Not much to report on.

I've signed that Pellissard you signed as well and he's been absolutely awful.

I've made a few poor moves with signings to be honest, I know I can do better. I'm quite glad I'm having some struggles though as like I've said, it felt a 'little' easy at some points. I need a shake up though. We are so bad going forward it's laughable. Defensively not bad but it's pointless if you never score, it just nails on a 1-0 loss to every big team.

I had it in my first couple of seasons in Serie A where I just couldn’t put a win together no matter I did, in the end I pretty much had to just keep going and grind out the odd draw to start getting a few points and eventually it would turn around

I managed to sign Pellissard in my first season so he has managed to develop with me, and although he was getting around 15 goals a season for me (he is currently the clubs top goalscorer ever on 75 goals) he regularly goes through droughts and in Serie A he has never had a 7+ rating season, even with usually coming in top 3 goalscorers for the season, he seems to be a very hot and cold player who is now my 2nd choice striker

It is a very annoying league because you very often come up against 5 at the back teams, I have quite a lot of games that finish low scoring

Edited by moore_94

13 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I had it in my first couple of seasons in Serie A where I just couldn’t put a win together no matter I did, in the end I pretty much had to just keep going and grind out the odd draw to start getting a few points and eventually it would turn around

I managed to sign Pellissard in my first season so he has managed to develop with me, and although he was getting around 15 goals a season for me (he is currently the clubs top goalscorer ever on 75 goals) he regularly goes through droughts and in Serie A he has never had a 7+ rating season, even with usually coming in top 3 goalscorers for the season, he seems to be a very hot and cold player who is now my 2nd choice striker

It is a very annoying league because you very often come up against 5 at the back teams, I have quite a lot of games that finish low scoring

I'm the same, we're just terrible at actually getting the wins, even now with a bit of a system overhaul I've basically turned us into Brighton, consistently playing well but can't turn it into wins, think I need to drop some loyalty to a couple of these players now. The good thing in italy is you do get money and I expect to be able to spend a bit.

Pellissard's just been a bit rubbish for me, never managed to really click. Gotten a bit better of late though in fairness. I've got Esposito on loan from Inter and he's outscored Pellissard's total already here (largely helped by a 4 goal haul against Benevento).

Melchionna is kicking on a bit now though which is the big thing. He'll be a difference maker. I can't really expect him to rip the league up at 16.

22 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm the same, we're just terrible at actually getting the wins, even now with a bit of a system overhaul I've basically turned us into Brighton, consistently playing well but can't turn it into wins, think I need to drop some loyalty to a couple of these players now. The good thing in italy is you do get money and I expect to be able to spend a bit.

Pellissard's just been a bit rubbish for me, never managed to really click. Gotten a bit better of late though in fairness. I've got Esposito on loan from Inter and he's outscored Pellissard's total already here (largely helped by a 4 goal haul against Benevento).

Melchionna is kicking on a bit now though which is the big thing. He'll be a difference maker. I can't really expect him to rip the league up at 16.

That was my big problem in my first couple of seasons in Serie A, I just tried to keep playing a lot of the players that had come up the leagues with me when in reality they needed getting rid of especially Odjer and Almici

2027 and I only have 3 players still in my squad from when I started the save:

Somma (club captain and good for dealing with player problems, but hasn't played a good in over 2 years)

Pellissard (now 2nd choice striker and will likely be gone next summer as I have a good player developing out on loan)

Frommann (Goalie I signed 1st season and has come up with the leagues with me and is actually a really solid keeper)

1263850_20210521220344_1.thumb.png.5524e91d44ebd91a34410e392f65c035.png

1263850_20210521220338_1.thumb.png.8f88ab10016c87da7ee905c52324cb6c.png

This guy is the crown jewel of my current Palermo squad, cost me a whopping £20k! Joined when he was 18 so is now fully club home grown and worth £51m, already getting bids of £80m but managed to tie him down to a 5+3 year deal. Centre back but has also scored 29 league goals (3+9+8+8) in the past 4 seasons thanks to a cheesy corner tactic haha

1263850_20210521220659_1.png

Edited by moore_94

42 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

That was my big problem in my first couple of seasons in Serie A, I just tried to keep playing a lot of the players that had come up the leagues with me when in reality they needed getting rid of especially Odjer and Almici

2027 and I only have 3 players still in my squad from when I started the save:

Somma (club captain and good for dealing with player problems, but hasn't played a good in over 2 years)

Pellissard (now 2nd choice striker and will likely be gone next summer as I have a good player developing out on loan)

Frommann (Goalie I signed 1st season and has come up with the leagues with me and is actually a really solid keeper)

1263850_20210521220344_1.thumb.png.5524e91d44ebd91a34410e392f65c035.png

1263850_20210521220338_1.thumb.png.8f88ab10016c87da7ee905c52324cb6c.png

I think part of the problem is that when you've been promoted consecutively you're going up with not that great a squad really. I think I'm maybe being hard on myself. It's quite tricky to be optimistic though when on such abysmal runs. I can't find 'the' system on this game.

I'm on yet another awful winless run and we're going into a horrible run of games. It's hard to not be negative when we've proven we can be better than this. Esposito is good but I'm sick to death of these defenders.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think part of the problem is that when you've been promoted consecutively you're going up with not that great a squad really. I think I'm maybe being hard on myself. It's quite tricky to be optimistic though when on such abysmal runs. I can't find 'the' system on this game.

I'm on yet another awful winless run and we're going into a horrible run of games. It's hard to not be negative when we've proven we can be better than this. Esposito is good but I'm sick to death of these defenders.

This is the system I have been using, pretty good defensively, other than our first season in the Serie A where we conceded 53 goals (scored 50) I have now never conceded more than 36 goals in the league in a season

image.thumb.png.5fc24c2b3ebd5fe6a5934ae0b8619db4.png

I think I'm gonna go with a 4-3-3 as well although I've not had loads of luck with it on 21, when usually it's ended up being my safe bet on previous versions.

We stayed up on the final day. Absolutely pathetic how you can be 6th after 13 games yet need to save yourselves on the final day. The amount of last minute defeats was scary. Definitely starting to find it a bit harder now. I've made a couple of crap signings for these though which is largely the problem.

Started a game in the Danish 3rd tier at Middelfart Boldklub. I chose them because their name had the word fart in it. They were formed in 1964, they don't have a nickname which is a missed opportunity, their local rivals are Strib Idraetsforening and their next election date is Christmas day 2020. Not planning on becoming too attached to them as i'd like to travel Scandinavia a little bit and manage a few lower divsion sides and work my way towards the top. Have put Italy as a playable league to try my hand there one day in the future. Norway and Sweden also included. The division consists of two 12-team leagues, we play each other twice. Six sides are predicted to finish 1st, and six sides are prediceted to finish 6th, so i'm already a little confused.They play here v

Middelfart-Stadion-Middelfart-BK-b.jpg

Jesus christ we have a four month winter break. Could be my shop window to move to Norway/Sweden when their domestic season finishes

Edited by Walkers
  • Haha 1

On 29/05/2021 at 15:26, Walkers said:

Started a game in the Danish 3rd tier at Middelfart Boldklub. I chose them because their name had the word fart in it. They were formed in 1964, they don't have a nickname which is a missed opportunity, their local rivals are Strib Idraetsforening and their next election date is Christmas day 2020. Not planning on becoming too attached to them as i'd like to travel Scandinavia a little bit and manage a few lower divsion sides and work my way towards the top. Have put Italy as a playable league to try my hand there one day in the future. Norway and Sweden also included. The division consists of two 12-team leagues, we play each other twice. Six sides are predicted to finish 1st, and six sides are prediceted to finish 6th, so i'm already a little confused.They play here v

Jesus christ we have a four month winter break. Could be my shop window to move to Norway/Sweden when their domestic season finishes

Pretty sure that's Christian Eriksen's boyhood club. That's the town he's from anyway.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2021 at 14:26, Walkers said:

Interesting league. Two different leagues play 22 games, then the top six of each league merge to become 12, then we all play each other once more. Same with the bottom six. All sides carry over their points tally, none of this silly halving stuff. Only one side go up and that was Helsingor, who i'm pretty sure were in the top tier a few years ago so no idea why they were down here. Fell 5pts short of them in 2nd place. Got to the quarter finals of the cup after a fortunate set of draws, lost 4-2 to Brondby who went on to beat my parent club OB.

Kept delaying the offer of a new contract but eventually accepted an extra year. Spent the summer applying for 7/8 jobs in the 2nd tier of Sweden/Norway/Denmark at the likes of HB Koge, GAIS, KFUM Oslo, Ull Kisa, Ljungskile... never intended on starting the new season at Middlefart but here I am. Apparently I didn't have enough experience of battling relegation or gaining promotion. Done next to nothing with staff signings and stuck to signing about 5 players on loan from OB. Should have enough to go up this season but will continue looking for job opportunities elsewhere. Interestingly there is a draw to determine which of the two divisions you play in... so it's not decided geographically as I had thought lol

Biggest criticism is a bollocks rule where you must have 3 outfield u21 players on your bench of 7 (and 1 GK). On your bench, not in your matchday squad. Presumably to help aid their progress, however I only had 5 u21s last season and regularly had to relegate them to the bench and replace them with an older player as I couldn't meet the rules.

Edited by Walkers

On 01/06/2021 at 19:09, Walkers said:

Interesting league. Two different leagues play 22 games, then the top six of each league merge to become 12, then we all play each other once more. Same with the bottom six. All sides carry over their points tally, none of this silly halving stuff. Only one side go up and that was Helsingor, who i'm pretty sure were in the top tier a few years ago so no idea why they were down here. Fell 5pts short of them in 2nd place. Got to the quarter finals of the cup after a fortunate set of draws, lost 4-2 to Brondby who went on to beat my parent club OB.

Kept delaying the offer of a new contract but eventually accepted an extra year. Spent the summer applying for 7/8 jobs in the 2nd tier of Sweden/Norway/Denmark at the likes of HB Koge, GAIS, KFUM Oslo, Ull Kisa, Ljungskile... never intended on starting the new season at Middlefart but here I am. Apparently I didn't have enough experience of battling relegation or gaining promotion. Done next to nothing with staff signings and stuck to signing about 5 players on loan from OB. Should have enough to go up this season but will continue looking for job opportunities elsewhere. Interestingly there is a draw to determine which of the two divisions you play in... so it's not decided geographically as I had thought lol

Biggest criticism is a bollocks rule where you must have 3 outfield u21 players on your bench of 7 (and 1 GK). On your bench, not in your matchday squad. Presumably to help aid their progress, however I only had 5 u21s last season and regularly had to relegate them to the bench and replace them with an older player as I couldn't meet the rules.

The league structure actually is going through a complete revamp from 2021/22 season, which is what you may have experienced.

2nd Division used to be split in East and West division, but they will actually split the division up so there will effectively be four league tiers: Nordic Bet Liga (Superliga), 1st Div, 2nd Div and 3rd Div.
This messes with the number of promotions/relegations in the transition period, but the end result will be that the same promotion/relegation system will be the same across all leagues.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shen said:

The league structure actually is going through a complete revamp from 2021/22 season, which is what you may have experienced.

2nd Division used to be split in East and West division, but they will actually split the division up so there will effectively be four league tiers: Nordic Bet Liga (Superliga), 1st Div, 2nd Div and 3rd Div.
This messes with the number of promotions/relegations in the transition period, but the end result will be that the same promotion/relegation system will be the same across all leagues.

I'm still playing FM20 so not sure its that or if it will be applied. Either way in 19/20, one team got promoted from the 3rd tier. in 20/21, it took me until 6 games from the end of the season to realise that two got promoted that season so something did change.

Got promoted from that 2nd spot in my 2nd season with Middlefart despite our best efforts to throw away a 6pt lead after the end of the normal season. Decided to run my contract down and leave at the start of July. Applied for jobs in the Norwegian/Swedish 2nd tier and was laughed off them all which surprised me, yet for some reason Brondby and a few other clubs in the top tier in Denmark were happy to interview me, some offer me jobs. Was offered the job at OB, Middlefart's parent club, but I preferred a 3 or 4 month contract to the end of the season to then pursue Sweden/Norway. Asked for it but didn't lock it in, then they locked in an 18 month contract. Applied for a job at Silkeborg, lower mid-table in the 2nd tier wanting the same contract but it wasn't an option... so thats where I am for 18 months. Won the final two games of the season to qualify for the top half play off. Was only 6pts off the top and promotion definitely realistic, then the game did its thing and ****ed me over against Helsingor who ended up going up with Lyngby.

Still not committed to Silkeborg so will do a half arsed job at recruitment over the summer and continue looking for jobs throughout the next season.

• Like 1

Not really understanding this. Hit the winter break and i'm 7pts clear at the top with of the Danish 2nd tier with Silkeborg, not particularly enjoying it espite only losing 3 games from 30ish in my spell here, applied for jobs at higher up Swedish/Norwegian 2nd tier sides (namely Helsingborgs, AFC Utd, Lillestrom and Aalesund) and they are coming back with shite like "You don't have experience of managing a side battling relegation". I mean thats not even their aim. I've got two 2nd place finishes (one promotion) with Middlefart, immediately took Silkeborg forwards to finish 3rd or 4th after a dozen games and am clear at the top of the table of the current season.

2028 and we finally win our first Serie A title, as well as the Europa League! Had to play against Bayern with 10 men for 50 minutes but we held on, and a final day draw against Atalanta sealed the title!

Shame we lost the Coppa Italia Final (3-2 to AC Milan and they scored in the 91st minute), but we won that in 2026 so not too disappointed

image.thumb.png.5f8924957bd48c85c3fc466d723ab4ff.png

• Like 1

Congrats @moore_94 you've beaten me all ends up on this one, I've started a new save, partially my own fault but out of frustration at the fact I've spent 80% of my budget on a Brazilian winger and it's not let me register him for another year lol 

The other reason though is I've fancied another save for a while. I've started as Wisla Krakow - this to me was ideal, a big club but one that's pretty screwed nowadays, but I've never really had a great crack in a league like this, I want to do something in Europe with a team from a less fancied league like that so this was spot on. I've also been to Krakow and have a scarf of theirs so it made it a no brainer. I suppose the aim is to turn them a bit like what Slavia Prague are now.

First season I was predicted 10th, pretty crap squad and financially a mess. Anyway - we win the league! I finally go for a gegenpress and my god, overpowered isn't it? We win the league by 7 points. A few wobbles but a title I didn't expect so soon. Largely helped by Legia & Lech both having crap seasons, but even so, what a start.

Next season was always going to be harder. I didn't appreciate how badly rated the Polish league is now, it's ranked 29th - below even Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan, so to get to the CL groups we have to go through four qualifying rounds. Legia had the same a year ago, and to their credit, made the play-off round but were put out by RB Salzburg. What's interesting in these leagues is that it's in your interests for the others to do well in Europe so I was glad Legia did fairly well, though they did finish bottom of their Europa group.

First round we are handed Shkendija of Macedonia. I dominate them away but draw 1-1, but at home we absolutely pound them 8-1 and set up a tie with Astana - one that by all accounts I am not fancied to win. We do it though, 2-1 wins both home and away. Next up is Ludogorets which again, I'm supposedly the underdog, but we somehow beat them 3-0 at home then sneak a 0-1 away there so we're through to the play-off...

And it's the same fate. It's RB Salzburg for us too. This proves to be the end of the line, we put up a respectful performance in Austria but lose 2-1, however at home we don't really get going and lose 0-2, meaning we follow Legia's path into the Europa League. It's annoying as Salzburg were by a mile the best team we could've drawn. Europa League we've been given Villarreal, Aston Villa & Dinamo Zagreb - again, it's not easy, for a side who largely overachieved to win the league in the first place. It's definitely noticeable that we're struggling more in the league as a result of the number of games and the style of play. It's enjoyable though - we've gone from a -£3mil balance to £6mil already. Quite enjoying it so far, although I definitely need to find another system on top of this one because we're conceding loads of stupid late goals. Enjoying this one though and glad I did it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only time i've managed in Poland is with Wisla Krakow, probably gotta be one of, if not the most even league out there. Didn't get anywhere with them though

Got promoted to the Superliga with Silkeborg, all fairly comfortable in the end. Finally did my first overhaul of staff so am slowly starting to get into this now, but still applying for jobs right left and centre. Still being knocked back because i've not experienced a relegation fight........ so hopefully a shit season will make me a more well rounded, sensible choice???????

On 07/06/2021 at 21:14, Walkers said:

Only time i've managed in Poland is with Wisla Krakow, probably gotta be one of, if not the most even league out there. Didn't get anywhere with them though

Got promoted to the Superliga with Silkeborg, all fairly comfortable in the end. Finally did my first overhaul of staff so am slowly starting to get into this now, but still applying for jobs right left and centre. Still being knocked back because i've not experienced a relegation fight........ so hopefully a shit season will make me a more well rounded, sensible choice???????

So despite being predicted to be relegated, we went into the final game of the ordinary season with a top half finish in our own hands, however a 95th minute goal lost us the game against AGF and we finish 7th. League splits, me and Randers are tied on points at the top ahead, a fair distance clear 3rd (9th) and 18pts clear of the relegation zone. We slip up a bit then pick it back up, meaning we go into the last game tied on points with Randers but again with it in our own hands, and we choke again.

Left at the end of the season when my contract expired. Over the course of the season I had interviews that came to nothing at Elfsborg and a few others. At the very end of the season I had a job interview at Sarpsborg, a middle table side in Norway's top flight. Get offered the job with a few days left of my Silkeborg contract, delay it so I can leave on good terms and then a week later, instead of telling me to sign on the dotted line they tell me I was unsuccessful and the job has been taken by someone else.... i've never had that happen before lol Went for the Valerenga and Lillestrom jobs which both looked appealing, Valerenga said no after an interview and Lillestrom have appointed an interim for the rest of the season. Valerenga said a transfer budget of 7.7m was on the table which was jaw dropping/ Never struggled in interviews before, every interview i've had they've asked why I apply for jobs while i'm already in work lol And none of the answers are particularly convincing so that might be a big blot for me. I was offered job interviews at Midtjylland and Aab without even applying, but turned them down. Think its clear my reputation is mainly in Denmark and not as high elsewhere

Gone full circle and got offered the Elfsborg job a year after being knocked back by them. They've just finished 10th after being winless in their last 13. Got a good opportunity now to sort the squad out with a tidy 4m transfer budget

@shen -  two seasons in a row we received money in the middle of the season (11 games) for achieving an xth place position in the table.. whats all that about? lol I got nearly 1m for being 6th, which was huge for us really

Also I noticed if you finish the first stage of the season in the top half, if you then finish 5th or 6th you get nothing, but the team who finishes top of the relegation group plays a European place play off against 4th? Almost as though me losing out on the last day to finish bottom half was more worthwhile? Is that one of the things they are changing?

Edited by Walkers

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

two seasons in a row we received money in the middle of the season (11 games) for achieving an xth place position in the table.. whats all that about? lol I got nearly 1m for being 6th, which was huge for us really

Also I noticed if you finish the first stage of the season in the top half, if you then finish 5th or 6th you get nothing, but the team who finishes top of the relegation group plays a European place play off against 4th? Almost as though me losing out on the last day to finish bottom half was more worthwhile? Is that one of the things they are changing?

This is all a consequence of the restructuring done in 2016. The bright heads at the top wanted to emulate the Belgian system (no idea why), but the current structure was made to give the rest of the league something to play for. Back then, the dominance of FC Copenhagen was so great (especially with the demise of Brøndby), that there was only really excitement about the relegation and runner-up places. Mid-table teams would have nothing to play for the last 5-6 weeks. 

There has been tactical speculation by clubs at the end of recent seasons which has brought controversy for exactly the reasons you highlight, but I'm not aware that it will change. The only changes I've heard of are the divisions below the Superliga, designed to streamline and give all divisions essentially the same structure.

• Like 1

On 07/06/2021 at 21:14, Walkers said:

It's a really fun league I think. Very well balanced and very few player restrictions - though the having to play a Polish U22 player at all times is a bit annoying. Luckily they have a really decent young defender coming through so I'm sorted in that regard for a while. Hopefully by the time he leaves (or turns 23) we'll have a good enough team to be able to get away with carrying somebody a bit crap anyway, though we have just had a pretty good 15 year old come through in midfield as well so who knows.

Second season done. I finished 3rd this time. Had a pretty shoddy midseason run where we just couldn't score which ruined both our league and European campaign. I actually went through my group - finished 2nd behind Villa. I won at Zagreb, beat Villarreal twice which was a fantastic pair of wins, but we got dumped out by Celtic which kind of sums up how we were at that point. I think we're the leagues best side still. Pogon Szczecin won the league so fair play, but I think playing another 20 or so games on top ruined our league campaign a little though we still did well. We were also laughably bad against our xG - let in something like 12 more than we were expected to.

Bank balance is about £8mil now which is a turnaround and a half. I've sold quite a few nothing players for about 300k a pop which is good money in Poland whilst filling my squad with frees and fees of that sort of level. Legia have the best squad just about but Legia don't have my obvious genius, and keep finishing about 7th.

It's a fun save this. Shame we're only in the conference league next season but with another solid summer I reckon we could go all the way.

On 03/05/2021 at 00:36, moore_94 said:

I started a save with Coalville Town a couple of months ago, back to back promotions all the way until League 1, lost a bit of interest and started my Palermo save

Might have to start a save in a really obscure country with a crap national team, try and build up the league and the country etc.

When did you manage to get Coalville to turn pro ? I’ve got them back to back promotions to the national league but finished mid table in my 1st season and looking like it’s going to be something similar in the 2nd season.

Can’t attract players that good enough to get us out of the division, I think the only way I could do it is if the board agree to go professional but there having none of it.

I’m desperate to get out of the national league, can’t be doing with the season starting in October every year.

Edited by Lcfc82

On 10/06/2021 at 19:35, Walkers said:

So despite being predicted to be relegated, we went into the final game of the ordinary season with a top half finish in our own hands, however a 95th minute goal lost us the game against AGF and we finish 7th. League splits, me and Randers are tied on points at the top ahead, a fair distance clear 3rd (9th) and 18pts clear of the relegation zone. We slip up a bit then pick it back up, meaning we go into the last game tied on points with Randers but again with it in our own hands, and we choke again.

Left at the end of the season when my contract expired. Over the course of the season I had interviews that came to nothing at Elfsborg and a few others. At the very end of the season I had a job interview at Sarpsborg, a middle table side in Norway's top flight. Get offered the job with a few days left of my Silkeborg contract, delay it so I can leave on good terms and then a week later, instead of telling me to sign on the dotted line they tell me I was unsuccessful and the job has been taken by someone else.... i've never had that happen before lol Went for the Valerenga and Lillestrom jobs which both looked appealing, Valerenga said no after an interview and Lillestrom have appointed an interim for the rest of the season. Valerenga said a transfer budget of 7.7m was on the table which was jaw dropping/ Never struggled in interviews before, every interview i've had they've asked why I apply for jobs while i'm already in work lol And none of the answers are particularly convincing so that might be a big blot for me. I was offered job interviews at Midtjylland and Aab without even applying, but turned them down. Think its clear my reputation is mainly in Denmark and not as high elsewhere

Gone full circle and got offered the Elfsborg job a year after being knocked back by them. They've just finished 10th after being winless in their last 13. Got a good opportunity now to sort the squad out with a tidy 4m transfer budget

@shen -  two seasons in a row we received money in the middle of the season (11 games) for achieving an xth place position in the table.. whats all that about? lol I got nearly 1m for being 6th, which was huge for us really

Finished my first season in Sweden in 3rd after a second half of the season bottlejob. First experience outside of iceland of a summer European league. Pre-season started in mid-late January, with the group stage of the Swedish Cup taking place over three weekends in mid-late February. I believe there is one (or two?) knockout rounds before this in July the previous season to determine who goes into the 8 groups of 4. There are two top tier sides in each group, sorted I believe (unless its a great coincidence) by highest and lowest finishers in the league the season before. So the champions would share a group with 16th place, 2nd place with 15th, 3rd with 14th and so on. I was paired with Norrkoping which was tough. They were my first competitive game and I won 2-0 away, before beating the lower division sides to top the group. From here we went straight into a quarter final a few days later at home to Hammarby, then onto a home semi final against Halmstad a week later, then onto the final at the end of May against Goteborg. Opened the scoring with a goal identical to Chris Wood's vs Watford (I have never ever seen anything like this on FM) but went on to somehow lose in extra time 2-1. My first defeat, although technically it was a draw...

After the group stage and any knockout rounds of the Cup, there is a three week wait before the start of the season in early April. There was a four week break after the Cup final, followed by two games and another two week break. Halfway stage we were top by a few points and unbeaten. Then shit hits the fan, only went on to lose 3 in the league season but performances got worse and we limped over the line in 3rd place. There was an epic three way fight for the title on the last day between Malmo, Hammarby and ourselves. We played and beat Malmo in our 28th game. Hammarby's final two games were against Malmo and ourselves. Malmo were third with a couple of games in hand by this point and had it in their own hands. We went in to the last game with both ourselves and Hammarby needing to win, a defeat was required for Malmo at Goteborg. They managed a 1-1 draw, we gifted Hammarby a 1-1 draw with a last minute equaliser with their 10 men they had on the pitch for over an hour.

Think its a cracking league as there are plenty of sides who can win the league like Malmo, AIK (champions before this season, finished 10th), Goteborg, Hammarby, Djugardens, Norrkoping. Brommapojkarna are good on this version although think they've fell backwards in real life. Lost my top scorer before the season started and replaced him with two strikers from Helsingborg, one of which Spurs boss Mourinho comes and watches most weekends in the middle of the PL season. Unfortunately he has a agent-forced minimum fee release clause of 2.3m, annoying when I signed him for about 900k. Signed a CM by the name of A. Nilsson from Bologna who I believe is probably a real person.

Needed four or five signings with my 2.5m transfer budget, got a few on board quickly including pinching Brommapojkarna's midfield assist king, a RB from the champions of the 2nd tier and some bloke from Sirius. League's top scorer from Brommapojkarna didn't want to talk to me for some reason after having a 1m bid accepted. Then came January and against my plans a few of our players left, got in some decent money so had to replace them. So a bit of an overhaul that I didn't want but i've managed to book my place in another Swedish Cup final, and have started the season with 6 wins out of 7. Got the Euro Conference league to contend with from July onwards so that may complicate things.