Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2021

Started un-employed but with full rep - just to see how quickly I could start winning trophies really.

Got the Celtic job and have absolutely smashed the league and the league cup.

Still got the Scottish Cup final to go, and I'm in the Europa League Semi's (1-0 up against Copenhagen from 1st leg).

I'm thinking this will be the only season at Celtic though, not quite sure how much better I could do so will leave before it all falls apart. With Ajer and Edouard off to Chelsea & Dortmund in the summer it will be tough to improve the side.

Edited by LVocey

3 hours ago, LVocey said:

Started un-employed but with full rep - just to see how quickly I could start winning trophies really.

Got the Celtic job and have absolutely smashed the league and the league cup.

Still got the Scottish Cup final to go, and I'm in the Europa League Semi's (1-0 up against Copenhagen from 1st leg).

I'm thinking this will be the only season at Celtic though, not quite sure how much better I could do so will leave before it all falls apart. With Ajer and Edouard off to Chelsea & Dortmund in the summer it will be tough to improve the side.

I liked the idea of this - started a save on an updated database with full rep and badges unemployed and seeing how long it takes me to win the all the big European leagues (England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands) and the CL

Applied for Porto, interview but no job offer

Applied for CSKA Moscow, interview with job offer but turned down job

Applied for Ajax (Ten Hag went to Netherlands), interview with job offer accepted!

image.thumb.png.1de8c5276ede909157d941ece4a50f63.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shen said:

$45m transfer budget at Ajax? Surely not. Did they just sell for a metric tonne??

IRL they have sold £30m worth this window already, fair bit left over from Ziyech, van de Beek and Dest last summer as well

800898de3587cd40a3bb726412e7a59f.png

A 4-2 loss in extra time to Arsenal in the Europa League, but still a great season in Scotland. 100 points in the league as well.

Probably done all I can with them in just that one season though. Time to see where I can get a bigger challenge.

Just done a drivers update and FM20 now runs disgustingly slow. Unplayable. This isn't even in-game, you can tell its struggling on the load up and also on the homepage so nothing to do with being 15years into the game. Any ideas? Think I remember something similar happening a few years ago and I changed a setting on steam that fixed it. Struggling to find anything decent on Google and not really having the patience to try a few things on the in-game preferences when it is taking 3/4s+ to even register clicking a button let alone loading the next page

On 01/08/2021 at 22:56, Walkers said:

My experience here was actually very positive until the final game of the season turned it to a massive ugh lol. Bare in mind I joined us about 13 games into the season in about 14th place and have been very yo-yo-y the last few seasons.The squad was absolutely huge, probably consisted of about 35-40 players and a few average ones on 100+k a week. Totally out of my comfort zone considering I only manage clubs where the highest wage is typically no more than 20k lol Lost my first few games to Brendan Rodgers Fiorentina and Atalanta, before beating Inter Milan and then after christmas going on a really good run that lifted me to Champions League contention. Wins against Fiorentina (who sacked Rodgers afterwards), Zebre (who sacked Bruno Lage afterwards) and Inter meant I went into the final day in 4th place, the highest position i'd been in so far, and a win at home to 14th place Cagliari would guarantee me Champions League football. Zebre in 5th were away to Bologna in 7th, both still able to finish 4th, while Sassuolo in 6th were away to 3rd place Lazio. Long story short I somehow lost 4-0 lol Sassuolo and Zebre both won so I finished 6th and a Europa League spot confirmed. I would have taken Euro Cup II earlier on in the season, mainly because there is no reserve football here and I had a very particularly best XI with maybe 2 or 3 easy rotations. The match fitness would the rest of my squad was dead, so really I need something to keep those players alive next season. My form since joining has generally been title-contending stuff.

Had a huge effort today of having a clearout, bringing in near 110m in transfer fees on 10 players and loaning out a similar figure. Signed two wingers for a total of 25m and am maybe in the window for a CM but I think i'm happy with what I have for now. Quite annoying mind you that of the 110m i've made, i've had about 20m added to my transfer budget.

19/20 - Middelfart in Danish 3rd tier, 2nd position, not promoted

20/21 - Middelfart in Danish 3rd tier, 2nd position, promoted, then left at the end of my contract

21/22 - Silkeborg for final months of season in Danish 2nd tier, finish 3rd in Championship group, not promoted

22/23 - Silkeborg in Danish 2nd tier, finish 1st, promoted

23/24 - Silkeborg in Danish Superliga, finish 8th then leave at the end of my contract

End of 2024 and the Swedish season, take the Elfsborg job who had just finished 10th

2025 - Elfsborg Swedish Cup runners up and 3rd in the league, 3 pts off top

2026 - Elfsborg Swedish Cup winners and Premier Divison winners, knocked out in the Europa League round of 16 in 26/27

2027 - Elfsborg Premier Division winners, 3rd in Champions League group stage 27/28, knocked out in Europa League first knockout round

2028 - Elfsborg Swedish Cup semi finalists, Premier Division winners, currently in Champions League group stage for 28/29 season

2029 - Rosenborg Norwegian Cup winners, Premier Divison winners

2030 - Rosenborg Euro Conference League winners

2031 - Rosenborg Norwegian Cup Semi finalists, thats about it......

2032 - Rosenborg Resigned 8 games into the season (May-ish)

2032/33 - Copenhagen - Danish Superliga winners, Danish Cup runners up, Champions League round of 16. Resigned at end of season

2033/34 AC Milan from November, went from 14th to 6th

2034/35 - AC Milan Finished 4th, Europa League Semi Finalists and Coppa Italia Runners Up

2035/36 - AC Milan Resigned in new year, sat 5th and safely into the knockout rounds of the Champions League

Really didn't have the interest to carry on after 34/35 but sneaked into the CL spots on the final day so hung around for the new season. Removed the Italian leagues and also Norway, added the MLS to the already existing Swedish/Danish leagues. Intended on taking the Sweden job if it comes up after Euro 2036 or if not Denmark. Only Denmark has so i'll be taking that. Will give the MLS a few more years to bed a few more good players in before I try my hand over there. Will start to travel the world from there to Brazil/Argentina and somewhere in Asia lol

Had to turn down Turkey, Spain, Italy, Russia, England and Croatia to take the Denmark job lol

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 2

On 08/08/2021 at 17:51, Walkers said:

20/21 - Middelfart in Danish 3rd tier, 2nd position, promoted, then left at the end of my contract

21/22 - Silkeborg for final months of season in Danish 2nd tier, finish 3rd in Championship group, not promoted

23/24 - Silkeborg in Danish Superliga, finish 8th then leave at the end of my contract

End of 2024 and the Swedish season, take the Elfsborg job who had just finished 10th

2026 - Elfsborg Swedish Cup winners and Premier Divison winners, knocked out in the Europa League round of 16 in 26/27

2027 - Elfsborg Premier Division winners, 3rd in Champions League group stage 27/28, knocked out in Europa League first knockout round

2028 - Elfsborg Swedish Cup semi finalists, Premier Division winners, currently in Champions League group stage for 28/29 season

2032/33 - Copenhagen - Danish Superliga winners, Danish Cup runners up, Champions League round of 16. Resigned at end of season

2034/35 - AC Milan Finished 4th, Europa League Semi Finalists and Coppa Italia Runners Up

2035/36 - AC Milan Resigned in new year, sat 5th and safely into the knockout rounds of the Champions League

2036 - Denmark

2037 - Denmark - Qualified for the World Cup, finishing 2nd in the group stages

2038 - Denmark WORLD CUP WINNERS

Really didn't have the interest to carry on after 34/35 but sneaked into the CL spots on the final day so hung around for the new season. Removed the Italian leagues and also Norway, added the MLS to the already existing Swedish/Danish leagues. Intended on taking the Sweden job if it comes up after Euro 2036 or if not Denmark. Only Denmark has so i'll be taking that. Will give the MLS a few more years to bed a few more good players in before I try my hand over there. Will start to travel the world from there to Brazil/Argentina and somewhere in Asia lol

Had to turn down Turkey, Spain, Italy, Russia, England and Croatia to take the Denmark job lol

So I joined in time for the start of the Nations League group stages in a group consisting of France, Turkey and Ukraine. Went woefully really as I drew my first game 0-0 at home to Turkey despite dominating, lost 1-0 at Ukraine despite dominating, lost 1-0 at home to France. Turned it around at home to Ukraine to win 2-1, drew in Turkey and then away to France which saw me finish 3rd. I think that meant I got relegated but I have no idea how it works.

Had a group of Switzerland, Wales, Slovakia, Azerbaijan and San Marino to qualify for the World Cup. Piece of piss except it wasn't. Start of with a 4-1 home win against Slovakia and going on to bag nine in Azerbaijan. Put 13 past San Marino at home before disgracefully losing 2-1 in Wales. Beat Slovakia 5-0 away before again poorly losing 2-1 in Switzerland. Put another 5 past Azerbaijan, turned it around to beat Wales 2-1 before sticking 10 more past San Marino and beating Switzerland 5-1 at home who had already cemeted top spot at that point. I qualify for the World Cup somehow with a goal difference of +46 and 55 goals scored. Draw 0-0 at home to England in a spring friendly, then beat Iran 1-0 and South Africa 3-0 to prepare me for my group of Ivory Coast and Syria.

Ukraine put 7 past Uzbekistan in the curtain raiser in South Africa ( lol ) I beat Syria 3-0 in my first game, and before I had chance to play Ivory Coast i'd already qualified for the knockout rounds which allowed me to rest my entire squad for it. I drew 2-2, and thanks to them putting 4 past Syria it meant I finished 2nd in the group lol I struggle past Morocco 1-0 in the 2nd round (there's no 1st round), before my first proper test against Brazil in the third round. I saw them squeeze past Senegal 1-0 having just been stuffed 4-1 by Russia so I wasn't overly frightened. We took the lead just before HT from the penalty spot before an early red card for Brazil in the 2nd allowed us to go on to an easy 3-0 win. Ukraine await in the QF, little sceptical considering what they did to us a few years earlier but we win 2-0. Onto the Semi Final against Holland, an absolutely hideous game but we win 1-0 thanks to an early goal. Nigeria potentially await in the final............. but Portugal beat them 3-0 in the other semi.

Anyway the biggest game ever comes along with us benefitting from a days extra rest. My utter **** of a RB goes and gets sent off in the 2nd minute. 31yo and 102 caps and he goes and does that, I retired him from international duty on his behalf on the spot. We do alright from there but concede a totally dumb goal 20mins later, equalise in the 30th minute through Danish icon Rune Borup (who i'm sure Shen knows all about (and if you do you are lying, he was born in 2007)) bagging his 84th goal for the country. Another shite goal gets conceded on the brink of halftime. Now isn't the time to have a pop at them, they'd done well so I passionately encouraged them all that they can still get something out of this. Defender Janus Olsen equalises in the 51st minute as the game sizzles out meaning an extra 30mins. I wasn't overly threatened, reach half time still 2-2. Then Andreas Bach (31), who i'd seen as an incredibly highly rated kid at Copenhagen back when I was Elfsborg manager, pops up at the far post in the 110th minute to head us infront. Portugal have a couple of chances from there but we hang on to win 3-2. I bought Andreas Bach from international exile when I first returned and now he's gone and done this. Expected to be here for a couple of tournaments and get knocked out in the group stages tbh, never ever saw this happening lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/08/2021 at 00:39, Walkers said:

So I joined in time for the start of the Nations League group stages in a group consisting of France, Turkey and Ukraine. Went woefully really as I drew my first game 0-0 at home to Turkey despite dominating, lost 1-0 at Ukraine despite dominating, lost 1-0 at home to France. Turned it around at home to Ukraine to win 2-1, drew in Turkey and then away to France which saw me finish 3rd. I think that meant I got relegated but I have no idea how it works.

Had a group of Switzerland, Wales, Slovakia, Azerbaijan and San Marino to qualify for the World Cup. Piece of piss except it wasn't. Start of with a 4-1 home win against Slovakia and going on to bag nine in Azerbaijan. Put 13 past San Marino at home before disgracefully losing 2-1 in Wales. Beat Slovakia 5-0 away before again poorly losing 2-1 in Switzerland. Put another 5 past Azerbaijan, turned it around to beat Wales 2-1 before sticking 10 more past San Marino and beating Switzerland 5-1 at home who had already cemeted top spot at that point. I qualify for the World Cup somehow with a goal difference of +46 and 55 goals scored. Draw 0-0 at home to England in a spring friendly, then beat Iran 1-0 and South Africa 3-0 to prepare me for my group of Ivory Coast and Syria.

Ukraine put 7 past Uzbekistan in the curtain raiser in South Africa ( lol ) I beat Syria 3-0 in my first game, and before I had chance to play Ivory Coast i'd already qualified for the knockout rounds which allowed me to rest my entire squad for it. I drew 2-2, and thanks to them putting 4 past Syria it meant I finished 2nd in the group lol I struggle past Morocco 1-0 in the 2nd round (there's no 1st round), before my first proper test against Brazil in the third round. I saw them squeeze past Senegal 1-0 having just been stuffed 4-1 by Russia so I wasn't overly frightened. We took the lead just before HT from the penalty spot before an early red card for Brazil in the 2nd allowed us to go on to an easy 3-0 win. Ukraine await in the QF, little sceptical considering what they did to us a few years earlier but we win 2-0. Onto the Semi Final against Holland, an absolutely hideous game but we win 1-0 thanks to an early goal. Nigeria potentially await in the final............. but Portugal beat them 3-0 in the other semi.

Anyway the biggest game ever comes along with us benefitting from a days extra rest. My utter **** of a RB goes and gets sent off in the 2nd minute. 31yo and 102 caps and he goes and does that, I retired him from international duty on his behalf on the spot. We do alright from there but concede a totally dumb goal 20mins later, equalise in the 30th minute through Danish icon Rune Borup (who i'm sure Shen knows all about (and if you do you are lying, he was born in 2007)) bagging his 84th goal for the country. Another shite goal gets conceded on the brink of halftime. Now isn't the time to have a pop at them, they'd done well so I passionately encouraged them all that they can still get something out of this. Defender Janus Olsen equalises in the 51st minute as the game sizzles out meaning an extra 30mins. I wasn't overly threatened, reach half time still 2-2. Then Andreas Bach (31), who i'd seen as an incredibly highly rated kid at Copenhagen back when I was Elfsborg manager, pops up at the far post in the 110th minute to head us infront. Portugal have a couple of chances from there but we hang on to win 3-2. I bought Andreas Bach from international exile when I first returned and now he's gone and done this. Expected to be here for a couple of tournaments and get knocked out in the group stages tbh, never ever saw this happening lol

Euro Nations League 2038 had me in a group with Portugal, Belgium and Austria.Was brought crashing back to earth in my first game after the World Cup win, coincidentally against Portugal who thrashed us 5-1. Recovered by beating Austria 1-0 at home, Belgium 2-1 at home and before an utterly shocking 3-0 defeat in Austria. Took revenge on Portugal with a 4-0 win at home, putting us in pole position to win the group however Belgium and Portugal could still claim it. An equaliser from Andreas Bach put us back in the driving seat as 10-man Portugal were being held in Austria, but a late winner from them meant they won the group.

Euro 2040 qualifying saw us tabled with Switzerland again, Ukraine, Israel and Latvia. A 2-0 win in Switzerland set us on our way perfectly, we followed that up with a 2-0 win at home to Ukraine before being stopped in our traps by Israel where we drew 0-0. Put 7 goals past Latvia at home and a further one goal in a friendly win against Mali before a goalless draw against Switzerland, a 1-0 win in Ukraine, a 4-0 win against Israel before bagging another 8 in Latvia saw us top the group comfortably, scoring 24 and conceding zilch in the calendar year.

Beat Sweden 4-1 away in an early Spring friendly. Had a fortunate draw for the Euros finals with Italy, Russia and Iceland. Somehow I could have had a group of Belgium, France and Germany??? Germany are 6th in the world but were 4th seeds. Holland/Belgium were the hosts. Warmed up with tight friendly wins against Turkey and Scotland. Two late goals by my wonderkid attacking midfield substitutes saw us beat Russia 3-1, before an absolutely disgraceful 0-0 draw against Iceland. They honestly edged the game and killed us with possession and i'm still none the wiser why. Italy beat Iceland but lost 2-0 to Russia so the group was evenly poised. I manage to beat Italy 2-1, Russia beat Iceland but the 3 of us manage to go through anyway.

Fairly comfortable 2-1 win against Croatia in the 1st round, then came from behind to take Germany to a penalty shoot out which we won 4-2. A surprisingly comfortable 1-0 win against France in the semis cemented our place in the final to meet Belgium, but thankfully the game was to be played in Amsterdam so no home advantage.

Belgium shaded the first half but Eric Badu of Copenhagen (and in my time there) put us ahead in the 35th minute. Belgium continue to be the more threatening of the two sides and finally equalise in the 92nd bloody minute. Extra time begins and on the brink of half time we concede another to go 2-1 down. One passionately encouraging team talk and a gung-ho attacking switch later, it takes two minutes for CB Jakob Sorensen to a score a header at the far post from a free kick, not too disimilar to Andreas Bach's winner in the World Cup. I returned to the previous tactics, it stays 2-2 and we go to penalties.

Belgium go first and put it wide, we score. Belgium put another one wide, we miss. Belgium hit the post, we score. We're one goal away.. Belgium score. I then see Andreas Bach stepping us to take it and at that moment, even with all of my negativity, I just knew it had to be him to bury it and he does. He's bagged the winner for Denmark in a World Cup Final and now a Euros final. I have a lot of ties to this squad even before taking over at Denmark as I had a few of them at Copenhagen My star LB who is now 31 I took on loan at Elfsborg as a kid before leaving for Rosenborg, so I never got to see him play. I didn't realise this til recently lol

Nothing more I can do here now, so my time in Europe is over and I intend to find an MLS club to take over for the new season towards the end of the year. Having won the top international honours it does make me realise I am missing the Champions League, so one day I will return, possibly even to England (shock horror). Have left the Swedish League running as I'd like to actually close the book on this game and return to Elfsborg to eventually retire, instead of just stop playing the game lol

(fun fact - Dean Smith and Sean Dyche have left Villa/Burnley this summer. Eddie Howe still manages Bournemouth)

2036 - Denmark - Finished 3rd in Nations League group stage

2037 - Denmark - Qualified for the World Cup, finishing 2nd in the group stages

2038 - Denmark WORLD CUP WINNERS (my u19s also won the Euros Championship)

2039 - Denmark - Qualified for the World Cup, finishing 1st in the group stages

2040 - Denmark EURO 2040 WINNERS

Started playing this again last night for an hour or so. I know a bit late as the new one will no doubt be out soon 😂 Started unemployed as someone previously had done first few days offered the Celtic and Ipswich job but turned them down. Valencia became available so tried my luck but didn’t get that, end you at Leeds 16th in the table. Win the 1st game think yeah this will be ok, then go on to lose the next 4 games 🙈🙈 pulled back a few decent results including a 6-2 win over Spurs and a 0-0 against Utd. Bamford and Rodrigo not really a scoring to many goals so need to find a nee striker at the end of the season. 

21 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Nothing baffles me more on this game than how well I do at virtually everybody yet I will never, ever have a Leicester save that ends in anything other than utter embarrassment.

Are you being objective with Leicester? Or are you trying to emulate real life tactics, playing favourites, making poor contract decisions?

30 minutes ago, shen said:

Are you being objective with Leicester? Or are you trying to emulate real life tactics, playing favourites, making poor contract decisions?

It's hard to say - it really makes me wonder. I just did another save with Leicester and the first half of the season was genuinely really good. Think I went into January 3rd, topped my relatively tricky Europa League group unbeaten.

January was a terrible month though, the fixtures were shocking, a run of 5 away games in a row (how have they not sorted this) all against 'big' teams and it just seemed to send everything south. It doesn't help playing every 3 days and I didn't think I'd ever actually finish in the top 4, but the form of so many just collapsed by the end and it happens every time without fail I manage us. I'd given up by the 35th game and just holidayed the last 3 to see what happened, and we got smacked 3-0 at Villa and 2-5 at West Ham, before fluking a win over Man Utd.

It's the extremes of it. If I'd finished 6th from the position I was in I'd have been a little disappointed but we were just terrible in the end. It was relegation battle form and I use the word battle lightly.

I think I probably just left myself a little short. I loaned Thomas out and sold Amartey which was stupid in hindsight because I didn't replace either. Not actually convinced it was a tactical thing and more just putting too much strain on a squad, but I questioned this when we looked shocking in April as well. We finished 9th but I just decided I couldn't be bothered.

I don't even think it's a player bias thing either. I used Perez quite a lot lol 

22 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Nothing baffles me more on this game than how well I do at virtually everybody yet I will never, ever have a Leicester save that ends in anything other than utter embarrassment.

I end up normally trying to start one every year and end up sacked by January if I choose Leicester 😂

35 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't even think it's a player bias thing either. I used Perez quite a lot lol 

Yep, there you have it :P

I can find it tricky too in the beginning with Leicester, but they maybe have the best first XI ever this year, with very solid choices except maybe on the wings.

Usually LCFC are my first save, which means I will likely have my worst first couple of seasons with them across all my saves. Do you do this too?

17 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I end up normally trying to start one every year and end up sacked by January if I choose Leicester 😂

Yeah it's weird. Maybe it's just that we're quite good now and that I struggle if I actually pick anyone good. I just see people on here taking over Leicester and putting a serious title bid together in their first season, I'm obviously good at the basics like keeping morale high etc... but I do sit there and wonder what you're doing. Seems to be a blind spot for me.

16 minutes ago, shen said:

Yep, there you have it :P

I can find it tricky too in the beginning with Leicester, but they maybe have the best first XI ever this year, with very solid choices except maybe on the wings.

Usually LCFC are my first save, which means I will likely have my worst first couple of seasons with them across all my saves. Do you do this too?

Yeah I did it back at the start of 21 and it was garbage as expected, but by now, after winning Ligue 1 with FC Annecy, dominating Poland with Wisla Krakow to a point it was boring, I thought I'd be able to crack this but clearly not lol I wasn't expecting miracles but it was a pathetic collapse. A 3-0 loss at Middlesbrough in the FA Cup was the peak of the toss served up.

Normally the Leicester squad is bang average and needs a lot of work, I often end up selling players I'd normally want to play. 

This year we're probably so good you should be able to smash the league without signing anyone. 

Vardy 

Barnes Maddison 

Tielemans Praet Ndidi 

Thomas Soyuncu Fofana Ricardo 

Kasper 

Play fairly direct, gegenpress, ridiculously high line of engagement and pressing, Vardy racks up 45+ goals in all competitions and Bobs your father's brother. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Normally the Leicester squad is bang average and needs a lot of work, I often end up selling players I'd normally want to play. 

This year we're probably so good you should be able to smash the league without signing anyone. 

Vardy 

Barnes Maddison 

Tielemans Praet Ndidi 

Thomas Soyuncu Fofana Ricardo 

Kasper 

Play fairly direct, gegenpress, ridiculously high line of engagement and pressing, Vardy racks up 45+ goals in all competitions and Bobs your father's brother. 

I read this on my mobile and didn't realise it was the Football Manager thread! 

Thought it was real world pre season prediction! lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

@Finneganre what you said about being able to win the league first season :)

Yeah I'm kinda torn on next season. On the one hand, I'm quite looking forward to a Leicester save, on the other there's no way it's not a complete waltz unless they've hideously nerfed finishing and one on one's again, which would probably make the match engine as shit as 2020 was. 

Barnes, Daka, Madders

Soumare, Ndidi, Tielemans

Thomas, Soyuncu, Fofana, Ricardo 

Going to be absolute FM dynamite.