Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2021

1 hour ago, Bakey said:

Nice to see they're doing a console version but shame its not Playstation

i've just bought an Xbox Series X, so I'm particuarly happy that it's coming back to console.   Ironically, I still have an Xbox 360 and do have the FM game on that. I still play it. 

I'm about to lose many hours of my life when this releases!

2 hours ago, Bakey said:

Nice to see they're doing a console version but shame its not Playstation

Apprently xbox have been chasing FM for a while to come back to console. PlayStation haven't made that move.

I might purchase this for the Switch if you can add logos etc this year otherwise I doubt I'll bother.

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I reckon it'll be shit on a console if you're used to playing on a PC, the menu and interface will take too long to go through.

Probably fair but they really did nail the Switch version. Controls were great. Problem was it was FM Touch and had major slowdown in player search and scouting after a couple of years. That and the database is far too small with regens after a couple of years. 

Shame, as the Switch is probably the best platform for FM in many ways, made me realise how much bloat is in the full version now.

15 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Probably fair but they really did nail the Switch version. Controls were great. Problem was it was FM Touch and had major slowdown in player search and scouting after a couple of years. That and the database is far too small with regens after a couple of years. 

Shame, as the Switch is probably the best platform for FM in many ways, made me realise how much bloat is in the full version now.

I've played the Touch version over the full version for like 6 years now, I just don't have the time for the full version.

29 minutes ago, Ricey said:

We have very little influence in the brand colours, but we do have an influence on how we use the brand colours in-game...

How big is the actual team BTW? 

The whole development team that is? (Excluding part time or volunteer researchers etc) 

9 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

Anyone know if the xbox version will be in any way different to the version I am used to playing on my laptop? Love the idea of playing FM on my xbox but wouldn't want to if it meant sacrificing gameplay/parts of the game.

If you are using the full version of FM, and not Touch, then I think it's very likely you will sacrifice parts of the game by getting it on Xbox rather than PC/MAC. And I imagine that custom facepacks/logos/kits won't be an option either which would definitely take me out of it a bit.

• Like 1

There's a couple of tactical things i'd like to see introduced, two things I think have become more a part of the game in recent seasons.

- Overlapping CB's added as a position option in a back 3... lots of teams latching on to the wilder way now!

- Being able to set up two tactics for one match (rather than having to switch) essentially I want to set a formation that is 4-1-4-1 but then when in defence becomes 5-4-1 (so the DM drops into the back three automatically) 

Just feels like something that could really improve the chance of getting results against the big sides if you're a middling team. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AjcW said:

There's a couple of tactical things i'd like to see introduced, two things I think have become more a part of the game in recent seasons.

- Overlapping CB's added as a position option in a back 3... lots of teams latching on to the wilder way now!

- Being able to set up two tactics for one match (rather than having to switch) essentially I want to set a formation that is 4-1-4-1 but then when in defence becomes 5-4-1 (so the DM drops into the back three automatically) 

Just feels like something that could really improve the chance of getting results against the big sides if you're a middling team. 

The formation changing with phase of play would be a game changer in every sense.

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

The formation changing with phase of play would be a game changer in every sense.

Yep! Just seems like one of those things you’d have thought they’d have nailed by now. The fan of the game isn’t that fussed by UX changes year on year.... but would be delighted with more dynamic tactics. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I struggled to get through that video. Not a particularly likeable presenter.

The features sound interesting, but it's not exactly groundbreaking. Feels like for a long time now they've struggled to know what to do with the game to freshen it up on a yearly cycle and they've hit the ceiling.

Ultimately the press conferences and tone stuff in the older games was pretty meaningless and got repetitive very quickly. They just can't program in enough variables to prevent the same thing happening again eventually. 

Rebuild the match engine from the ground up and you might get me interested again. Tweaking animations and graphics just doesn't cut it when you're running a 10 year old game engine.

the new press conference "mannerisms" look quite good but probably will get stale quickly once you work out what to say/how to say it.

I suppose you could adopt the mannerisms of your alter ego manager, such as sitting with arms folded and calling a reporter an Ostrich - that would be good.

There's enough to make me purchase again, not least because it looks like Leicester are officially licensed in the game this year.