Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2021

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What's the stature of the club by now? You've won Serie A and you're a CL regular at this point right? 

4* Club Rep, won Serie A last season and currently 1st this season, 3rd consecutive season in CL, below is my Notable achievements

image.thumb.png.9e598557e8f51e254e362a409791adf6.png

So it's fair to say you could probably go out with 150m and sign the top 5 (probably closer to 10) Potential Ability regens in the world. 

Unless you think Moreno is going to pack on about 20 odd more CA over the next couple seasons, I'd definitely have sold. He's got some standout attributes but he's not in the god tier you get with some regens in this game. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So it's fair to say you could probably go out with 150m and sign the top 5 (probably closer to 10) Potential Ability regens in the world. 

Unless you think Moreno is going to pack on about 20 odd more CA over the next couple seasons, I'd definitely have sold. He's got some standout attributes but he's not in the god tier you get with some regens in this game. 

I probably could, however I have a bit of thing where I don't like to spend a load of money on 1 player lol

Also our club rep isn't quite there in terms of being able to pull the best regens away from the big clubs, and all the other best regens around I am managing to hoover up anyway

This guy below will probably step up to be his back up next season, and then the following summer I may consider selling Moreno

image.thumb.png.7c18f16790b0d0437f7274ce77947c44.png

Downloaded this on Xbox game pass last night asked the mrs to pick a league she chose the Czech league and fc pribram 🙈 cheers 🤣

Find it a bit of a pain trying to get used to the controls and stuff as always played it on the laptop so will see how I get on and how far I get 

• Like 1

On 27/06/2021 at 03:02, Walkers said:

So to summarize my career so far

19/20 - Middelfart in Danish 3rd tier, 2nd position, not promoted

20/21 - Middelfart in Danish 3rd tier, 2nd position, promoted, then left at the end of my contract

21/22 - Silkeborg for final months of season in Danish 2nd tier, finish 3rd in Championship group, not promoted

22/23 - Silkeborg in Danish 2nd tier, finish 1st, promoted

23/24 - Silkeborg in Danish Superliga, finish 8th then leave at the end of my contract

End of 2024 and the Swedish season, take the Elfsborg job who had just finished 10th

2025 - Swedish Cup runners up and 3rd in the league, 3 pts off top

2026 - Swedish Cup winners and Premier Divison winners, knocked out in the Europa League round of 16 in 26/27

2027 - Premier Division winners, 3rd in Champions League group stage 27/28, knocked out in Europa League first knockout round

2028 - Swedish Cup semi finalists, Premier Division winners, currently in Champions League group stage for 28/29 season

Haven't shared anything for the past two seasons, so 2027 was fairly straight forward winning the league by 6pts. Played AIK on the last day at home who could stop me winning the league, thankfully they didn't beat me 7-0, in fact I won 1-0. Finished 3rd in a Champions League group consisting of Inter, Spurs and Zenit. Had the chance to finish 2nd ahead of Spurs if I beat them 1-0 or by two clear goals in the final game but didn't. Knocked out by Real Sociedad in the first knockout round of the Europa. Swedish Cup was a bit of a disaster at the start of that season, losing out to 2nd Division winners Mjallby on goal difference in the group stage. The start of the European knockout rounds coincides with the Swedish Cup group stage so was a bit of rotating going on. Signed Ian Heitkamp, an 18yr old Swedish fella playing at Heerenveen to replace my star striker which was a gamble that paid off big time. Scored 22 in 32, along with Joachim Rothmann Superking bagging a similar figure. Again a lack of strikers on the market, begged Heerenveen to let me loan him for the 2nd season but they insisted on wanting to give him a chance on their first team. Offered 2m to have him on loan for the season, they said no. Gave up, he went home, decided to see if they'd changed their stance and they had, back to the normal 100% wages and a very modest monthly fee, snap. Also arriving permanently after a succesful loan spell as emergency first choice GK after my main was ruled out for the season was Melkur Ellborg, after Aab insisted I pay £4 (four English money pounds) to make the loan permanent at the end of the season. He's gone on to be my first choice GK, but can deffo upgrade on him

2028 started positively by safely navigating a fairly difficult Swedish Cup group of Mjallby again, Goteborg and some nobodies. Got through to the Semi Final away at Djurgardens who scored a 94th minute equaliser, and who then went on to win 17-16 on penalties (seventeen-sixteen). Done a good job here of replicating Leicester in the way that i've signed a good few players that I've monitored and wanted to sign for 12 months or more previous. No big sales this winter but spent 5m to strengthen the squad.

The League season can be split into three parts. Won my first seven games of the season yet was only about 3 or 4pts clear of 4th. Took 18pts from the next available 36, falling 7pts behind leaders AIK who had played a game less. Then won 10 of my last 11, failing only to beat AIK (drew 1-1), who themselves only took 9pts from the last 24. Was looking to be an interesting three way scrap on the final day between ourselves, AIK and Malmo who had to play each other on said final day, but Malmo dropped out of contention the game before and then beat AIK to steal 2nd from them. Been here four seasons now and the final handful of games of the season are very congested if you're in Europe. Both Malmo and AIK had their final 5 games + 1 European match on the Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday then Saturday. I was able to avoid it, I decided to basically throw my home game against Bayern to keep players fit for Norrkoping the game after and somehow won 3-0 lol Drew and lost to Lyon/Man Utd respectively so that group is quite tight at the minute.

Downside is that despite my overachieving in Europe, Sweden have lost their Champions League group stage spot so we'll have to qualify for it next August. Two years of Champions League money and general sensible management has seen our bank balance rise from about 4m in 2024 to 44m in 2028, wage budget from 65k to 419k yet i'm here only spending 100k of it. My squad is still fully Swedish except for a Norwegian and a Dane but feel i'm going to have to move away from that now to properly progress as a club. Last winter I reached out as far as Finland and signed a CB who I loaned straight to Norway, feel he can make an impression next year. I'm still only a "favoured personnel" which bothers me greatly, especially since a young lad who I signed last summer who has hardly pulled up any trees has randomly appeared on the list with me. However David Edvardsson, utter midfield maestro is already a legend. 53 assists in all competitions in 3 seasons, average ratings of 7.54, 7.88 and 7.75. I'm happy for him. I think if the Rosenborg job became available I would go for it, feel like I have unfinished business there after getting sacked like six months into the season when I last managed there on FM 14/15ish. Swedish league is very enjoyable though and is very competitive, can't help but feel moving to Norway would be a minor step down

**** **** i've just noticed the Rosenborg managers job status is precarious

**** **** me i've just been battered but won 1-0 away to Bayern lol lol

Interesting first season in Norway. Joined a few days into 2029. What i've found is that in Euros/World Cup summers the league season starts in March, otherwise its April. The Norwegian Super Cup takes place every year at the start of March, so this year it was at the very start of my pre-season lol Checked to see finalists from other odd numbered years and found that yep, the Super Cup was the first game of their pre-season. Arranged one friendly just for a small advantage in match fitness over my opponents Valerenga. Made no difference and lost 2-0.

Joined a club that had one CB and one bog standard RB. Signed a couple of young CBs from Valerenga and Stromsgodset for about 1m combined, also arranged to sign Bendik Aase from Cagliari on a free transfer in August (not July strangely). Signing anybody else was made hugely difficult as our squad of 25 for the season had to include a minimum of 16 home grown players, which we were quite short of. We do have a healthy number of youngsters coming through including a LB who is a wonderkid in all but status, a 4 star current ability-CB at 18yo and a similarly rated ST of the same age.

Surprised me how different the league is to the Swedish league. Norwegian Cup is just a knockout format for 7 rounds. I had two situations where I was handed a home tie in the draw, but was switched as both sides had played the same number of home games so far in the tournament, therefore the home team would be decided at random. Like surely being drawn out the hat before them was random enough!?!???? One of the teams I lost out to in this situation was Valerenga, but thankfully I managed to win 2-0. Semi-finals are decided before the end of June, with the final being a few days after the final league game.

My league season got off to a great start winning 3-0 away at Brann, one of the better clubs in the division, followed up by a 0-0 draw at home to Molde. Lost my first game about 10 games in at home to mid-table Ranheim. By the halfway stage i'd just lost at home to Valerenga who went 4pts clear. Sold a few players during this time, some regulars and some depth, but felt I had enough to get me through the rest of the season. Also sold some very highly rated LB (not my wondowkid) at the start of the season, persuading him to move to China and reject Fiorentina and Porto. Entered the Europa Conference qualifiers at the second round, beating Celje of Slovenia, Austria Vienna and Neuchatel Xamax of Switzerland, who thankfully somehow put Zenit out the round previous otherwise I think i'd have struggled to reach the group stages. Put Xamax 6-0 on agg and was rewarded with a group of Ludogorets, Sigma Olomouc and Knattspurnufelag Reykjavikur (or KR to some).

Come September I am in a three way fight with Valerenga and Molde at the top of the league, and have two 2nd tier sides for company in the Cup semi-finals. I beat Aalesunds away, Nardo (who even i'd never heard of before this season) shocked Odd to make it to the final. Molde slipped away leaving Valerenga and I to race clear with a few games to go. Game 28 (of 30) and i'm 3 pts clear and have a marginally better GD. I'm winning 1-0 at relegation threatened Lillestrom who go on to equalise in the 95th minute of the 4 added on. Valerenga slip up at home to Brann, the gap is 4pts. We then meet at Valerenga the next game and go on to lose 1-0, gap is 1pt. Valerenga have a tricky final game away at Molde, I am at home to relegated Odd. We win, they lost. So three years of Valerenga dominance is ended (or thirty three years at FM randomly kept sharing in the news feed). Three days later we beat Nardo 2-0 in the Cup final to celebrate a double. Seven days later we draw 0-0 at Ludogorets to finish 2nd, level on points with Ludogorets but having comfortably qualified.

Goal this winter is to sign players to fit a 4-4-2 formation which I enjoyed at Elfsborg, and also ship out a few foriegners to help our home grown quota. Felt like we stumbled over the line this season and performances turned stale but got the results thankfully. Not really sure what my goal is here whether its to stay and become a European force or move on again in a few years. I noticed Djurgardens made the final of the Europa Conference last year so judging by that winning this tournament could be doable. Haven't checked but am certain I will have to do some qualifying rounds to get in the Champions League group stages next year.

Elsewhere Elfsborg won the Swedish League for the 4th year in a row, and Bodo Glimt avoided relegation to the 3rd tier by 1 point. Clearly they came good after 2019...

16 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Did you just spend 8 hours trawling for regens? lol 

A couple of hours lol Basically the same day I get my regen day I player search with a max age of 16 and look through all the players worth £100k+, usually 400-500 players

Then I always check the big clubs with really high youth recruitment stats like Porto etc. for anything I may have missed below £100k value

That Guerra guy I agreed a deal for him about 2 years ago and he only just joined me in January for £3m

Edited by moore_94

YES

Incredibly underwhelming run to the final. After coming through my group of Ludogorets, Sigma Olomouc and KR, I then beat Young Boys, Midtjylland, Ludogorets, Randers of Denmark and then Villarreal. Went behind twice in the final, but scored two goals in the 2nd half of extra time to win it.

Leicester were knocked out by Genk in the quarter final. Randers thankfully beat Valerenga to reach the semis otherwise I wouldn't have got to the final as Valerenga are the biggest bogey club i've ever came across. Think they contribute to over 50% of the defeats i've had as manager here. Garth Crooks picked the team of the season and had no room to put Ndidi at CM so he stuffed him at RB.

20210706213519_1.jpg

• Thanks 2

On 02/07/2021 at 21:54, Walkers said:

Interesting first season in Norway. Joined a few days into 2029. What i've found is that in Euros/World Cup summers the league season starts in March, otherwise its April. The Norwegian Super Cup takes place every year at the start of March, so this year it was at the very start of my pre-season lol Checked to see finalists from other odd numbered years and found that yep, the Super Cup was the first game of their pre-season. Arranged one friendly just for a small advantage in match fitness over my opponents Valerenga. Made no difference and lost 2-0.

Joined a club that had one CB and one bog standard RB. Signed a couple of young CBs from Valerenga and Stromsgodset for about 1m combined, also arranged to sign Bendik Aase from Cagliari on a free transfer in August (not July strangely). Signing anybody else was made hugely difficult as our squad of 25 for the season had to include a minimum of 16 home grown players, which we were quite short of. We do have a healthy number of youngsters coming through including a LB who is a wonderkid in all but status, a 4 star current ability-CB at 18yo and a similarly rated ST of the same age.

Surprised me how different the league is to the Swedish league. Norwegian Cup is just a knockout format for 7 rounds. I had two situations where I was handed a home tie in the draw, but was switched as both sides had played the same number of home games so far in the tournament, therefore the home team would be decided at random. Like surely being drawn out the hat before them was random enough!?!???? One of the teams I lost out to in this situation was Valerenga, but thankfully I managed to win 2-0. Semi-finals are decided before the end of June, with the final being a few days after the final league game.

My league season got off to a great start winning 3-0 away at Brann, one of the better clubs in the division, followed up by a 0-0 draw at home to Molde. Lost my first game about 10 games in at home to mid-table Ranheim. By the halfway stage i'd just lost at home to Valerenga who went 4pts clear. Sold a few players during this time, some regulars and some depth, but felt I had enough to get me through the rest of the season. Also sold some very highly rated LB (not my wondowkid) at the start of the season, persuading him to move to China and reject Fiorentina and Porto. Entered the Europa Conference qualifiers at the second round, beating Celje of Slovenia, Austria Vienna and Neuchatel Xamax of Switzerland, who thankfully somehow put Zenit out the round previous otherwise I think i'd have struggled to reach the group stages. Put Xamax 6-0 on agg and was rewarded with a group of Ludogorets, Sigma Olomouc and Knattspurnufelag Reykjavikur (or KR to some).

Come September I am in a three way fight with Valerenga and Molde at the top of the league, and have two 2nd tier sides for company in the Cup semi-finals. I beat Aalesunds away, Nardo (who even i'd never heard of before this season) shocked Odd to make it to the final. Molde slipped away leaving Valerenga and I to race clear with a few games to go. Game 28 (of 30) and i'm 3 pts clear and have a marginally better GD. I'm winning 1-0 at relegation threatened Lillestrom who go on to equalise in the 95th minute of the 4 added on. Valerenga slip up at home to Brann, the gap is 4pts. We then meet at Valerenga the next game and go on to lose 1-0, gap is 1pt. Valerenga have a tricky final game away at Molde, I am at home to relegated Odd. We win, they lost. So three years of Valerenga dominance is ended (or thirty three years at FM randomly kept sharing in the news feed). Three days later we beat Nardo 2-0 in the Cup final to celebrate a double. Seven days later we draw 0-0 at Ludogorets to finish 2nd, level on points with Ludogorets but having comfortably qualified.

Goal this winter is to sign players to fit a 4-4-2 formation which I enjoyed at Elfsborg, and also ship out a few foriegners to help our home grown quota. Felt like we stumbled over the line this season and performances turned stale but got the results thankfully. Not really sure what my goal is here whether its to stay and become a European force or move on again in a few years. I noticed Djurgardens made the final of the Europa Conference last year so judging by that winning this tournament could be doable. Haven't checked but am certain I will have to do some qualifying rounds to get in the Champions League group stages next year.

Elsewhere Elfsborg won the Swedish League for the 4th year in a row, and Bodo Glimt avoided relegation to the 3rd tier by 1 point. Clearly they came good after 2019...

Oh I am fuming. Won the Euro Cup II as mentioned earlier in thread. Stuttered a little bit in mid season and fell four points off the top of the league after my six monthly defeat to Valerenga. Qualified for the Champions League group stages after beating Steaua, PAOK and Shakhtar in the qualifying rounds. Was rewarded with a group of Chelsea, Atl Madrid and CSKA Moscow. Tried to sign my star striker who is on loan from Roma, I have a 1.7m option to buy him and I couldn't get him to agree to terms around 25-30k. Bid again a month later after remembering to adjust my budgets and naturally he now wants 80k.

Coming towards the run in and i'm four points clear of Valerenga with three games left, having recently beat them 2-0 away from home for the 2nd time EVER. At the time a win for them would have taken them 4pts clear. Game 28 and I have a strange chance to put Molde into the relegation zone with a win but my dominance naturally earns me 1 point, Valerenga cut the gap to two. Then to one of the weirdest games I can remember. Tromso away, bottom of the league and needing something to avoid relegation. For some reason matchday 29 was plonked on the weekend of the November international break. I'm without six players. It's snowing. I have two players on loan at Tromso, they both start. Predictably I go 1-0 down, both loanees combining to score the goal. I equalise then go back behind. I go all out attack and **** me it works, I find myself 4-2 up with 10mins left. Reverted back to more normal tactics which of course prompts them to get a 3rd goal, couresty of one of said loan players. I manage to hold on but Valerenga win 5-3 at home to mid-table start to keep the gap at 2pts. My GD is 4 better than theirs so a draw would be enough.

Valerenga are at home to mid-table nobodies, I am away at Stabaek in 3rd place so far from straight forward. I went 1-0 up early on, then to my utter surprise and shock I lost 2-1. Valerenga nearly bottled a 3-0 lead but got over the line 3-2. To my (genuine this time) utter surprise and shock I found one of my squad fillers defending me and saying he hopes I don't get sacked, I check out the jobs page and find my pissing job is insecure lol Decided to ask for a new contract to see why they'd say, they said yes but refused to offer me a two year extension, only one. When I made the contract length non negotiable they negotiated a 33% cut on the money they were offering, so I am still out of contract in a years time. Valerenga are a disease and I intend to rip their squad apart to be frank, got a generous 28m transfer budget to spend

Finished 3rd in the CL group stage so i'm into the Europa after Christmas. I think a 2nd place league finish gets me into the CL qualifiers next year. Went out of the Norwegian Cup in the 3rd or 4th round to Stromsgodset annoyingly. So i've finished the season with no domestic tropies but the Europa Conference Cup

• Like 3

On 05/07/2021 at 22:31, moore_94 said:

Thought I would check in on Leicester in my save... guess which team lost their final game of the season?

image.png.cf90a66afd741b8236f99d4238412bc1.png

I was going to say well at least it’s realistic but then noticed Arsenal won the league…..

• Haha 1

In my 5th season at Wisla Krakow now. Finished 2nd last season which I was really annoyed about but it does get tricky when you're trying to rotate between the league and Europe. I think if we all just played in the league, we would absolutely walk it every year.

That's what's happening this time out though. Making the CL groups and the money from it has made this a bit of a procession now. I just want to do a bit more in Europe. The thing that's interesting me about this save is how well Poland has done in European competition in general, largely because of us but the others have done their part as well. Poland was ranked 30th in the coefficient when I started this save and it's now up to 9th, meaning the champions will go straight into the CL group stages, and we've also got a 2nd CL spot potentially - though it would be a shock if Lech Poznan, likely 2nd placed finishers, managed to get to the groups, I hope they do though as it would make things interesting in the league.

I'm kind of intrigued in seeing how strong the league can get. I think I've hit a point where I'll win the league every year now though.

On 27/06/2021 at 03:02, Walkers said:

So to summarize my career so far

19/20 - Middelfart in Danish 3rd tier, 2nd position, not promoted

20/21 - Middelfart in Danish 3rd tier, 2nd position, promoted, then left at the end of my contract

21/22 - Silkeborg for final months of season in Danish 2nd tier, finish 3rd in Championship group, not promoted

22/23 - Silkeborg in Danish 2nd tier, finish 1st, promoted

23/24 - Silkeborg in Danish Superliga, finish 8th then leave at the end of my contract

End of 2024 and the Swedish season, take the Elfsborg job who had just finished 10th

2025 - Elfsborg Swedish Cup runners up and 3rd in the league, 3 pts off top

2026 - Elfsborg Swedish Cup winners and Premier Divison winners, knocked out in the Europa League round of 16 in 26/27

2027 - Elfsborg Premier Division winners, 3rd in Champions League group stage 27/28, knocked out in Europa League first knockout round

2028 - Elfsborg Swedish Cup semi finalists, Premier Division winners, currently in Champions League group stage for 28/29 season

2029 - Rosenborg Norwegian Cup winners, Premier Divison winners

2030 - Rosenborg Euro Conference League winners

2031 - Rosenborg Norwegian Cup Semi finalists, thats about it......

So just finished year 2031. Thought it couldn't get much worse than how last season ended, but it absolutely did. As mentioned above I started the season perfectly, won my first 10 games and by the 20th game i'd won 16 and drew 4, yet had Valerenga only a few points behind. Was knocked out of the 30/31 Europa League in the round of 16, losing to Spurs having once again got the better of Ludogorets the round previous. Navigated my way through the early rounds of the Norwegian Cup, strangely having a sequence of fixtures of that went Start (Cup)>Start(Lge)>Brann(Cup)>Brann(Lg) all away from home (Start are a team). Also made the CL Group stages for a 2nd year running, beating Vicky Plzen, Anderlecht and AIK, the latter with a 88th minute winner without which we'd be spending the rest of the year in the Europa. Was rewarded with an incredibly generous draw of Feyenoord, Barcelona and Bologna(!?!?). Barca were the 2nd seed, so it could have been even better.

Anyway the final third of the season happened, the FM switch was flicked. Long story cut a bit shorter, won 5 of my last 10 in the league. As what seems to happen every season i've experienced in Sweden/Norway there is a title deciding match at the very end of the season (or penultimate game in this case). I go to Valerenga 1pt ahead, +2 GD over them. By this game the last dozen or so all seemed a struggle, this was no different we got battered 4-0. Didn't bother making any subs and just accepted it. Annoyingly the winning margin was quite a big deal as Valerenga were at home to Viking on the final day who could have been in title contention themselves had they not lost at Molde on the same matchday. We were relying on a Valerenga defeat, or a draw and a 6 goal swing when we faced Haugesund. We both won. In the middle of all this we disgracefully lost the Norwegian Cup semi final to Fredrikstad. Drew our first game at Feyenoord in the CL which was alright but got battered at home by Bologna (got the Italian league loaded up so they're a little overpowered), lost 2-0 at Barca with 10 men for half the match. Drew 0-0 in the return leg, beat Feyenoord at home which left me in a position of needing to beat Bologna away to progress through, we drew 1-1.

Told myself i'd resign as the end of the CL group stages but dunno, feel like im running from the challenge however I am incredibly ****ed off that i've been here 3 years and they seem to have overtaken us again despite winning the double in my first season here. I've got a good number of youngsters coming through, i've decided i'll give it one more year (probably maximum) and sign a few older heads. I have Chinese clubs bidding left right and centre for my players, one of which (Lars Petter Neple) who I signed from Tromso only a year ago, attracted a bid of nearly 40m despite only being worth 1m. It got to 34m so I said 40 and I want him back on loan for the season, they said 32 and loan back but I said no. Slightly regretting it now but the season is about to start and I feel I'd struggle to replace him. Had my first EVER testimonial match for a player that left a year ago. Wondered why a bunch of random players appeared at the bottom of my friendly against Genk. I planned it as a genuine pre-season match without even realising other players would join him, so I stuffed them all on the bench (including the player whos testimonial it was) and brought them on for the final 10mins lol

Always good when you have youngsters coming through and you feel on top of their development, knowing what level they're at and being able to loan them to decent clubs. Had a youngster go to Djugardens of Sweden last season and impress massively against my own expectations. Had another one (Roar Sorheim) that has been here during my whole time here who has been last choice CM who suddenly emerged last year and looks a player. However there is a lack of talent in Norwegian football and with fairly strict league registration rules I don't see how I can take them very far. Might contemplate going into international management with Norway/Sweden as its a Euros year.

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 2

Has anybody noticed that if you play on 'commentary' only so no highlights just the replays of goals that fairly often the extra time seems to go on extra long and then the match ends and there been a goal that it doesn't show a replay for in 90+3 or 90+4 etc? 

1 hour ago, BWRL said:

Has anybody noticed that if you play on 'commentary' only so no highlights just the replays of goals that fairly often the extra time seems to go on extra long and then the match ends and there been a goal that it doesn't show a replay for in 90+3 or 90+4 etc? 

Funny that, I've noticed this for years and only bothered to google it yesterday but found out nothing. Would happily go Only commentary instead of key highlights myself to avoid watching some of the shit produced, but would also rather not think i've won a game 2-0 only to find they scored 2 goals in injury time but it didn't flash up saying goal