Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Pay-per-view offer is no deal for fans

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Surely the amount clubs receive would change every game. The expenses would be a set amount, but, say Fulham v Brighton has a total audience of 20,000 and Liverpool v Newcastle had a total audience of 100,000 then there would be differing amount of profits for the clubs involved. 
Unless whoever came up with the idea preset the split in which case why would clubs agree - even 50,000 supporters signing up through official channels only bring in £150,000, so a club getting 10 PPV games gets 1.5 million - peanuts in Premier League terms, especially when compared to the negative press it’s received.

I only know what I've read in the paper. Each club is projected to earn 2 million each by the end of the season. 

39 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Such a shit idea thought up by idiots. We still have to endure the ridiculous fixtures changes without the benefit of even being able to watch for free on TV. When did we even last play on a Saturday?

We've barely had a Saturday match since returning. We had two when football came back out of nine, we've got none until mid-November at least, another three will move for Europe late November/ early December. Conceivable we won't have a Saturday match before Christmas.

There’s absolutely no need to have 10 different kick off times when half of the games are on PPV anyway.

Barely anybody is going to use PPV anyway, the chances of people wanting to pay for 2 different PPV games on the same weekend must be next to nil.

I am not opposed to PPV in principle but:

1) The cost needs to be much lower, £7 or below and I would consider it. £5 feels right for one game, especially given as it will be filmed by the Premier League’s in house TV for overseas coverage regardless of whether Sky or BT pick it up. £15 is an absolutely preposterous price point at the best of times, right now it’s scarcely believable.

2) Doing it now when there is no option to go to a game is profiteering. I know getting tickets is difficult if you don’t have a season ticket but having PPV as a backup option to going to the game - at a reasonable cost - seems a fair and pragmatic compromise to letting fans see their team play.

Agreed, they could almost double up some of the games. We could be playing at 12pm today, or 5.30pm yesterday. Hardly anyone will buy a match their team isn't playing in so the uptake won't be any different.

I accept why they want as few at 3pm as possible but 7/7.15pm on Sundays just aren't right at all.