Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Pay-per-view offer is no deal for fans

I know links to streams get promptly taken down from here but perhaps a link to a private Facebook group of Members that share links is a good idea? 

Personally i dont need it as I’m outside of the UK but just a thought. The match threads are duff enough without a ‘anyone got a link’ every other post 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Where are all the "let the market decide" folks.

If you cant afford it.. bad luck ay

well said. There should be some type of regulation over these things. football fans have 0 power in the UK. 

12 hours ago, Parafox said:

Where will the revenue from PPV end up? Unlikely to be there to support EFL clubs that will go out of business. In SKY and BTsport pockets. **** 'em

The premier league set the price point.

I'm not saying BT and Sky are innocent in all this, but the premier league are being the greedy ***** here not the broadcasters.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 07:47, volpeazzurro said:

There's a really simple solution here isn't there. If fans feel the charge is unreasonable, dont whine, just don't buy it! I know I won't it simply isn't worth it. Radio coverage makes a different and great alternative on occasions anyway. 

If you whine and buy your asking for all you get, you become part of the problem and it will continue. Likewise, if you're happy to pay for it fine, that's absolutely your right.

No sorry, you need to whine and not buy.

otherwise known as standing up for yourself.

Not only will I not buy it, I’ve ditched every sports subscription involved in it.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Parafox said:

Where will the revenue from PPV end up? Unlikely to be there to support EFL clubs that will go out of business. In SKY and BTsport pockets. **** 'em

9 hours ago, Captain... said:

I'm not saying BT and Sky are innocent in all this, but the premier league are being the greedy ***** here not the broadcasters.

The info released said Sky/BT were facilitating the broadcast and would be paid their costs but the PPV money would go to the PL/clubs. For once this isn't one to blame the broadcasters, it's a PL/club approved plan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

No sorry, you need to whine and not buy.

otherwise known as standing up for yourself.

Not only will I not buy it, I’ve ditched every sports subscription involved in it.

With hindsight I think you're spot on, we need to whine a lot and not buy. I also reserve the right to whine a lot about the power grabbing selfish corrupt money wrangling ideas certain clubs owners feel would be good for football also. That's my initial whine. 🤣

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 19:32, Parafox said:

12 hours ago, Captain... said:

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

The info released said Sky/BT were facilitating the broadcast and would be paid their costs but the PPV money would go to the PL/clubs. For once this isn't one to blame the broadcasters, it's a PL/club approved plan.

Ok. Fair enough I got the wrong impression. However, the smaller, poorer, less TV attractive clubs in league 1 and 2, for example Northampton Town, Forest Green Rovers, among many who had shoestring support before lockdown are in serious danger of going into administration. These are clubs that are part of English football and the community and as important just as much to that community as we are to Leicester. That applies to football clubs in every town/city no matter their league standing. Most PL clubs are extremely wealthy and are financially managed to survive with huge debts. the small town clubs don't have that and without the PL/FA supporting them they could very well disappear and that would be a tragedy.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 3

Not for me, already subscribed to Now Tv and BT Sport. Maybe if it had been a tenner I could’ve stomached it, but £15 for a single game that is less than half the product it purports to be? 

I've tried watching without the simulated sound and it is soulless, just like the 19 Premier League voters who spent millions in the transfer market and still felt it appropriate to then plead ‘poverty’ and clobber us once again.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2020 at 11:35, ozleicester said:

yeh, My facetious point was more that a LOT of people on this site are quite happy to say "if you cant afford, you dont deserve" about every other part of society.

Until it affects them

But this is not an example of that, and you are just trying to shoehorn it in to look superior again.

• Like 1