Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

The biggest waste of money thread.

Don't remember what they were paid for, but the following players are totally underperforming (as of right now):

- Beckham (the reason why footballers are called divas nowadays)

- Woodgate (Injured one day, injured the other... lol)

- Bent (Everton)

- Cech (he's not that good, it all boils down how well Terry, Del Horno, Huth and Gallas are performing)

- Rio Ferdinand

- Gerrard

- Scholes (very, very quiet recently)

- Van Persie (Arsenal is built around Henry and his "replacements" just aren't as good as the original)

- Robbie Keane

- Ronaldo (ManU)

- Garcia

- Crouch (Overrated? Wrong club?)

- Dickov (lol)

- Izzet :ermm:

- Forssell

- Baros

On this occasion, I'd like some controversial figures back on the pitch. Aren't there any modern Cantonas, Gascoignes, Roy Keanes, Vinnie Jones' around any more...? It's all way too smooth in today's football culture... What do you think?

' date='Nov 7 2005, 06:38 PM' post='209736']

Have you actual seen how well he's doing for them, and how Newcastle are moving up the table since he's arrived?

No coincidence IMO.

Yep. My thoughts exactly. I think it's one of the best moves so far this season and it proves that, even if your previous signing have been crap, occasionally, you'll find a jewel in a pile of poo.

Don't remember what they were paid for, but the following players are totally underperforming (as of right now):

- Bent (Everton)

- Cech (he's not that good, it all boils down how well Terry, Del Horno, Huth and Gallas are performing)

- Rio Ferdinand

- Gerrard

- Van Persie (Arsenal is built around Henry and his "replacements" just aren't as good as the original)

- Robbie Keane

- Ronaldo (ManU)

- Garcia

- Dickov (lol)

- Forssell

- Baros

On this occasion, I'd like some controversial figures back on the pitch. Aren't there any modern Cantonas, Gascoignes, Roy Keanes, Vinnie Jones' around any more...? It's all way too smooth in today's football culture... What do you think?

Real Madrid have made a lot of money out of the Beckham deal.

Shirt sales alone in the Far East would have recovered the fee paid.

- Bent (Everton)

- Rio Ferdinand

- Gerrard

- Robbie Keane

- Ronaldo (ManU)

- Garcia

- Dickov (lol)

- Forssell

- Baros

How can Dickov have been a waste of money? Not only has he done alright at Blackburn but also he's probably not on much more money than he was here and they paid about 27 pence for him.

Corrado Grabbi - about £8million move to Blackburn and I don't think he ever scored!

Maccarone - Middlesbrough was also quite expensive I think.

Juan Seb Veron - every time he's been bought.

Alan Smith - SH IT.

I think it was 8 mill for Maccarone.

Smith wasn't doing too shabbily at all before they bought Roondogs and he was played up front.

Why Fergie's decided he'll make a good defensive midfielder I don't know.

Don't remember what they were paid for, but the following players are totally underperforming ( as of right now ):

- Bent (Everton)

- Rio Ferdinand

- Gerrard

- Robbie Keane

- Ronaldo (ManU)

- Garcia

- Dickov (lol)

- Forssell

- Baros

I believe I made myself clear enough.

- Bent (Everton)

- Rio Ferdinand

- Gerrard

- Robbie Keane

- Ronaldo (ManU)

- Garcia

- Dickov (lol)

- Forssell

- Baros

Gerrard was a product of Liverpools youth System and Muzzy Izzet went to Brum on a free so where you get the waste of money theory from on those two im not so sure. :huh:

In Izzet's case could almost arguably have been talking about wages whilst he was injured. As it happens, they'll get a lot of the money back on this from insurers. Also he's back playing now.

I think Swissfox, who claims to be a fairly articulate, intelligent man has actually completely mis-read/misunderstood the topic and instead gone for players who he thinks are over-rated OR players who he loved when they were at Leicester and now have become cr ap in the space of a season or two... (as if)

' date='Nov 7 2005, 06:38 PM' post='209736']

Have you actual seen how well he's doing for them, and how Newcastle are moving up the table since he's arrived?

No coincidence IMO.

I bet they've shifted some merchandise as well.

Archived