Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

"Life of Brian" quotes.

Not sure if anyone ever saw Spamalot? I'm something of a Python mega fan, and when it debuted in on Broadway in 2004 I took my student loan in the easter break and ****ing treated myself to a trip to New York just to see it. Definitely the best theatre experience of my life and one of my best decisions.

One line that was probably ad-libbed at the time was after Tim Curry's King Arthur had chopped off the Black Knight's limbs and stabbed him onto a wall, then 'rode' off. The Black Knight yells after him, "Alright, we'll call it a draw" as per the film, then added "Let's make it an annual thing, we could have a cup!" Which absolutely floored the audience! Then he started singing 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" as the set moved for the next scene, which still has me in absolute stitches lol.

Definitely gonna watch my bootleg copy later!

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not sure if anyone ever saw Spamalot? I'm something of a Python mega fan, and when it debuted in on Broadway in 2004 I took my student loan in the easter break and ****ing treated myself to a trip to New York just to see it. Definitely the best theatre experience of my life and one of my best decisions.

One line that was probably ad-libbed at the time was after Tim Curry's King Arthur had chopped off the Black Knight's limbs and stabbed him onto a wall, then 'rode' off. The Black Knight yells after him, "Alright, we'll call it a draw" as per the film, then added "Let's make it an annual thing, we could have a cup!" Which absolutely floored the audience! Then he started singing 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" as the set moved for the next scene, which still has me in absolute stitches lol.

Definitely gonna watch my bootleg copy later!

I saw it at De Montfort Hall years ago. Phil Jupitus was brilliant as King Arthur

Edited by TiffToff88
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I saw it at De Montfort Hall years ago. Phil Jupitus was brilliant as King Arthur

Completely unrelated but I love Phil jupitus, such a super talented guy. 

I saw him market harbourough leisure centre. He was singing with the blockheads and was incredible. No Ian duty I'm sure, but fair play the guy rocked it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Completely unrelated but I love Phil jupitus, such a super talented guy. 

I saw him market harbourough leisure centre. He was singing with the blockheads and was incredible. No Ian duty I'm sure, but fair play the guy rocked it. 

Side note to your side note: Jupitus is (like me, obviously) a Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band mega fan. To such an extent that for their 40th anniversary they actually invited him and other big fans Adrian Edmonson and Stephen Fry to perform with them for their anniversary special gig, which I couldn't get to (Bill Bailey also performed with them as did Paul Merton I think). A year later they invited that trio to do an album with them - Pour L'Amour Des Chiens, which was ****ing phenomenal iMO. A year later they performed one night only at the London Astoria with Fry and Edmonson. Jupitus wasn't available as he was acting in a play in the West End. But towards the end of the gig they announced they'd sent a car to his theatre during the show's interval to pick him up! Then they wheeled him on stage, Hannibal Lector-style, and as you'd expect he ****ing rocked the joint for 10 minutes (singing Big Shot and Canyons Of Your Mind) before being wheeled back off stage and went back to his show.

Such a ****ing great night!

41 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

One of my favourites as Arthur. Tim Curry was the best IMO; Sanjeev Bhaskar was amazing too, bringing his own identity to it ("Thank **** Ramadan's over" when scantily clad women came on the stage lol) The best Patsy I saw perform was Warwick Davies who used his height as a visual gag throughout the whole show - at one point he was struggling carrying his pack so dropped it down to the floor, pulled up a handle from the top and wheeled it off like a modern suitcase. Probably got the biggest laugh of the night.

• Haha 1

I love the haggling scene in Life of Brian but there's far too much to quote on here.

Also the "Bring out your Dead" scene from Holy Grail. 

"Here's one"

"Bring out your dead, Ninepence"

"But I'm not dead"

http://montypython.50webs.com/scripts/Holy_Grail/Scene2.htm#:~:text=[clang]-,Bring out your,Nine pence.&text=Bring out your dead!,-[clang]