Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

Britain will offer to host the entire European football championships this year

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They have a number of excellent stadiums - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_stadiums_in_Israel - the top seven there are all capable of holding international and European club football. 

Personally reckon there’s a high chance it could be played in Russia 

Yeah I was aware. The quality of the stadium isn’t the issue but normally UEFA would turn all of them down based on capacity. However this year I don’t think capacity is relevant when we face empty stadiums lol

Sounds too sensible for UEFA. 

By June, a huge number of adults will be vaccinated here and they could feasibly have decent sized crowds at games. 

Would be madness to fly teams back and forth across Europe for games with next to no fans at all.

I do like the Australia idea. Maybe let them in the tournament, like Eurovision. 

24 teams and their fans coming to Britain before all are vaccinated just isn't going to happen, is it?

To bring in the Australian idea, I'd be happier to have something closer to the Champions League and Europa League format of last season; play the group stages and last 16 behind closed doors or with limited crowds in Europe, and then have a mini tournament from the quarterfinals onwards in Oz.

100,000 for an England final at the MCG would be absolutely nuts.

On 21/02/2021 at 00:46, Aus Fox said:

Just bring the whole thing to Australia, if you can’t have fans coming in there, may as well bring it here where we have no cases and can have supporters in the stadiums. 
We have the infrastructure and an MCG final between 2 European giants with 100,000 supporters in would be a phenomenal event.

What's the time difference at the minute? I think it would be a great idea if it worked out well for the European audience. 

12 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

What's the time difference at the minute? I think it would be a great idea if it worked out well for the European audience. 

I don't think there's a place on Earth where the time difference could possibly be worse? Everything would be early hours through to late morning.

Sporting venues open on May 17th, the tournament doesn't start until June the 11th. You could always play behind closed doors, only half filled stadiums, compulsory mask wearing or bar fans from abroad. Most adults in this country will have had at least 1 jab by then. Don't see the problem, where there's a will there's a way.