Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

Britain will offer to host the entire European football championships this year

Just now, Super_horns said:

I guess they are hoping everyone will be vaccinated by then but I doubt we see full crowds.

If they were to offer every single adult a vaccine by June (Seems plausible) and then only allow people into the stadium that 1. have been vaccinated 2. have a negative test. Then surely full stadiums would be possible. 

Imagine how great that would be after the last year. I think it would be a nationwide month long celebration.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

14 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I mean I'd be delighted but it's ****ing mental. We're still riddled. 

Vaccines are doing really well though...

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Israel offered to do it with full stadiums and UEFA said no. I reckon Britain will get the same answer!

Israel is too political and I doubt they've got the infrastructure re actual playing surfaces. England has that in spades and personally I'd love to see it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Israel is too political and I doubt they've got the infrastructure re actual playing surfaces. England has that in spades and personally I'd love to see it.

To be honest I think Uefa would see Israel just like any other member. They no doubt don't have infrastructure to host a traditional tournament but I reckon they might be the only country that could actually deliver one with full (small) stadiums. To be clear I would love it too I just doubt whether it will happen.

20 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

If they were to offer every single adult a vaccine by June (Seems plausible) and then only allow people into the stadium that 1. have been vaccinated 2. have a negative test. Then surely full stadiums would be possible. 

Imagine how great that would be after the last year. I think it would be a nationwide month long celebration.

They are planning to have test events at Wembley which might help give an idea of how it goes .

Maybe it will just be no fans from across Europe can come ?

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:
26 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Either that or the “required payment” wasn’t big enough for UEFA 

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Just bring the whole thing to Australia, if you can’t have fans coming in there, may as well bring it here where we have no cases and can have supporters in the stadiums. 
We have the infrastructure and an MCG final between 2 European giants with 100,000 supporters in would be a phenomenal event.

To be fair that's a great idea if it can't be hosted in Europe. Better than empty stadiums. 

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Just bring the whole thing to Australia, if you can’t have fans coming in there, may as well bring it here where we have no cases and can have supporters in the stadiums. 
We have the infrastructure and an MCG final between 2 European giants with 100,000 supporters in would be a phenomenal event.

I would genuinely love that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

When would the games take place though? European games are staggered through the day during the group stages and and work around peak European times so that it can be watched across Europe.

18 minutes ago, danhaw said:

When would the games take place though? European games are staggered through the day during the group stages and and work around peak European times so that it can be watched across Europe.

Australia have quite rightly protected their country extremely well, but if the same rules apply to the football squads as it did to the Australian Open competitors, it just isn't possible.

24 nations, each with, say 50 people, is 1200 people in hotels for 2 weeks, unable to train.

It simply won't happen.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, peach0000 said:

To be honest I think Uefa would see Israel just like any other member. They no doubt don't have infrastructure to host a traditional tournament but I reckon they might be the only country that could actually deliver one with full (small) stadiums. To be clear I would love it too I just doubt whether it will happen.

They have a number of excellent stadiums - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_stadiums_in_Israel - the top seven there are all capable of holding international and European club football. 

Personally reckon there’s a high chance it could be played in Russia 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They have a number of excellent stadiums - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_stadiums_in_Israel - the top seven there are all capable of holding international and European club football. 

That would be a pretty brazen move by Germany to reduce their gas pipeline costs. :o

There’s no chance of it happening here. We’re one of the worst effected countries by Covid but now with one of the best vaccination programmes. Even our government isnt that bloody stupid to throw that away for a 4 week jolly up. If the leaked ‘roadmap’ is to be believed, we’ll only just have been allowed to go indoors in a pub by the time this comes round never mind opening stadia up to fans from across the world!

As sad as it seems I can’t see fans being allowed in no matter where it’s played

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not with a potential outbreak of bird flu there... 

6 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Australia have quite rightly protected their country extremely well, but if the same rules apply to the football squads as it did to the Australian Open competitors, it just isn't possible.

24 nations, each with, say 50 people, is 1200 people in hotels for 2 weeks, unable to train.

It simply won't happen.

The easiest solution to this would be the players all moving into St. George’s Park for 2 weeks prior, being tested before they come out and staying in bubbles when they arrive. 

As for the time of day for games, in June/ July there is a 9 hour difference between the UK and Australia.

So a game at 8pm here would kick off at 11 am in the UK, like wise a game kicking of at  here would kick off. When compared to some Wolrd Cups it wouldn’t be the worst - and anyway I’ll be watching Leicester at 1am tomorrow morning, so you guys can have some time watching games at stupid o’clock trying to work out if it’s best to go to bed and get some sleep and wake up early or just stay up and deal with feeling crap all day at work on Monday. 

I don’t have all the answers and I seriously doubt it would even be suggested, but it really could work. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

It simply won't happen.

Nations have training camps prior to a tournament - having the squad and supporting team away in a base for two weeks ahead of travelling to this country would not be unusual. Hence the squads arriving here would be free of any virus.  Fans are another matter and I suspect vaccine passports would come into play.

if we did get the gig here then the set up at seagrave could be a nice little earner for the club ! 

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Nice idea but they'd rather give it to the middle east if it went outside Europe, more Riyal