Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

Great gaming debates - Part 1 - Sonic Vs Mario

Sonic or Mario?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Sonic or Mario?

16 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Sonic on the Mega Drive would be on a par if not better than what Mario was on the SNES.

Sonic lost the plot after the Saturn debacle and Mario 64 started a great run of 3D Mario games. 

There has hardly been 1 dud Mario game in any of the consoles since. And that's before you get into the likes of Mario Kart, Mario Tennis etc.

Mario all day long.

Nah there’s not a sonic game that’s a patch on Super Mario World.

I am not saying Sonic games are bad they are great, but Mario 3 and Mario World are master pieces in 2D platforming, both are arguably games of their generation.

3 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Super Mario Land (the original) was absolutely not better than any of the original 2D Sonics. SML2 was a massive upgrade - always struck me as odd that Wario Land was branded as SML3, completely different kettle of fish. Similar with Yoshi's Island being SMW2

Well no it’s a game boy game.

Super Mario World on the other hand most definitely was.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I would have thought that Mario won this by a landslide. It’s an absolute no-brainer for me. 

SMB3, 64, Galaxy, Odyssey among the best I’ve played. The guy who said Sunshine is good can get ****ed 😀 That  pinball level still haunts me

• 3 weeks later...

Mario for me, first played Super Mario 3 on the NES, followed by Super Mario World on the SNES and Yoshi's Island.

Mario 64 and Mario Party, plus all the Mario Karts were excellent.

Did play a lot of Sonic too, did actually really enjoy Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 on the dreamcast.

But for pure consistency over the consoles to date, Mario wins for me!