Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Daniel Iversen (Loan)

44 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I would like to think that the club would've had an emergency recall for Iverson in his contract if something happened like that. 

The issue I have is that Danny ward seems to be too comfortable in his role here and hasn't pushed for more playing time over these 'years'. I find it a struggle given a footballers life span that he doesn't want to play as a 1st choice keeper somewhere.

Would be no point in having an emergency recall when we still have Ward and are likely to renew Jakupovic/get a new 3rd choice keeper

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would be no point in having an emergency recall when we still have Ward and are likely to renew Jakupovic/get a new 3rd choice keeper

Jakupovic is renewed for next season, as I understand it. He was on the retained list without any mention of an offer or extension, so the club will have done it in private prior to the third Saturday in May and just not announced it.

6 hours ago, MPH said:

There will definitely be a time when Iversen plays first team football for us. 

However I don’t understand why you would trust Iversen to cover for those three months despite him never having played prem football before over an international keeper who has played for us before

Not sure what you're second paragraph means? 

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Besides, I believe emergency loans are strictly for keepers and only when all your senior ones are crocked at the same time. All other loan recalls have to be in the January window, I think.

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

maybe after the Euro's we will try and cash in on Ward, he is expected to start for Wales, if that happens then Iversen would stay I assume

Just given Ward a new 4 year deal so can't see us selling him

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just given Ward a new 4 year deal so can't see us selling him

if he has a really good Euro's and someone offers us decent money I can, he's a really good number 2 for us so that's why we renewed him but is someone offered £15m plus I can see the club selling, he's 27 and plays about 5 games a year, we have Iversen and even if we still loaned him out Jakupovic could do the same role

Edited by Jimmy

16 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

maybe after the Euro's we will try and cash in on Ward, he is expected to start for Wales, if that happens then Iversen would stay I assume

Much rather keep ward and let Iversen get game time in the championship to grow so when he is needed to be first choice he is ready 

• Like 4