Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Daniel Iversen (Loan)

Preston looking to get him back on loan again, however we are waiting until after the Euros until we allow him to go out on loan just in case Kasper or Ward get injured

Small mention Preston may look for a permanent deal, however due to his contract, how much we would want, and how highly rated he is by the club it is very unlikely we would let him go permanently

I think we should keep an eye on the relegated clubs and see if we could get him a loan with one of them, West Brom will likely lose Johnstone this summer and Fulham wont be getting Areola permanently, would be good to get him playing for teams with a chance of promotion

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/daniel-iversen-leicester-transfer-news-20613578

Daniel Iversen transfer state of play with PNE and Leicester City in discussions

Preston North End are firmly in the race to bring Daniel Iversen back to Deepdale next season but the final decision will come later this summer.

Iversen was arguably PNE's star man from January onwards, after signing on loan from Leicester City.

There is, understandably, plenty of appetite among the Deepdale fan base for him to return next season.

The Foxes - who recently celebrated an FA Cup final win over Chelsea - have made it clear that they want to involve Iversen in the first few weeks of pre-season.

First and second choice goalkeepers Kasper Schmeichel and Danny Ward are both set to head to the European Championships, with Denmark and Wales respectively.

Assuming the pair both return from the tournament injury-free, Iversen will be allowed to go out on loan once again; the final of the Euros is on July 11.

There have been positive talks between Leicester and North End ahead of the summer, but nothing is decided yet.

The player, as we reported last month, is very keen to come back to Deepdale - if it makes sense - after a thoroughly enjoyable loan spell at the club.

Iversen loved playing at Deepdale and he loved the group of staff and players too.

The only dilemma for next year is the return of Declan Rudd from injury, because Iversen is not going to go somewhere he will be number two.

It has been suggested recently that a permanent deal could be on the cards, but LancsLive believes that is rather unrealistic at this stage.

Iversen is under contract until 2025 at the King Power Stadium and it would likely take a sizable offer from a top flight club to secure his services - but the Dane wants to play regularly next season, wherever he goes.

When asked about next season last month, the goalkeeper said: "I've enjoyed my time here, there are good people around the club. The staff and the players are really good guys and it's gone really, really well.

"It's difficult to say really (about next year) - when the season is over we can talk about it.

"I haven't spoken to Leicester about what they want to do; it's not only my decision. We will wait to see - it's not just up to me, I cannot say a lot and it is not in my hands.

"I will try to go on loan again next season. It's been a step up in my career, now playing in the Championship and I have enjoyed taking a step up every year."

9 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

He needs to be playing for a better team than Preston. 

Why? Surely he’s better playing for a middling championship team than a top one? As a keeper, he gets significantly more to do to hone his skills than he would sat behind a strong defence? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Why? Surely he’s better playing for a middling championship team than a top one? As a keeper, he gets significantly more to do to hone his skills than he would sat behind a strong defence? 

You can argue though that playing behind a strong defence would help to show what he can do in games where he doesn’t have much to do and how focused he is

What makes Ederson, Allisson so good is that they will have nothing to do all game and then the one time they have to pull off a save they will

3 years at Oldham, Rotherham and Preston he has already been able to show he is capable of dealing with a lot of shots in a game and making a lot of saves and coming for the ball from corners etc

Now it would be interesting to see how focused he is when he is just spending most of the game passing to centre backs and dealing with only a couple of saves

Edited by moore_94

5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

To hone another side of his game, like organising and marshalling a strong defence.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

We've got plenty of offers for him for next year; looks a super prospect and apparently very popular with his team mates too.

Best of luck to him.

Loans or permanent?

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

Better he gets used to playing for a team that plays similar to we do. He would still have plenty to do at a team near the top of the table. 

39 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Loans or permanent?

Unsure; loans I think. The club apparently rate him very highly so any permanent deal is very unlikely.

I'd imagine another season long loan with a recall clause is likely; since I suspect he may be our third choice next year.

• Like 1

I think he's already good enough to play in the Prem. Would be sweet if a Prem team wanted to take him on loan for the season. It's the only way he realistically pushes himself ahead of Danny Ward in the pecking order.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently we have a verbal agreement in place with Preston for Iversen to rejoin them on loan next season

Wont be official until after pre-season whilst Kasper and Ward are at the Euros

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/preston-leicester-city-transfer-news-20777561

Major boost in Preston North End's pursuit of Leicester City's Daniel Iversen

Preston North End have agreed to bring Daniel Iversen back to the club next season, LancsLive understands.

The Leicester City goalkeeper made the move to Lancashire in January and was an outstanding performer in the second half of the 2020/21 season.

He made 23 appearances and produced countless important saves in games to win PNE points.

Iversen is under a long-term contract with the Foxes - until 2025 - but wants regular game time next season and loved his time at North End last campaign.

Playing at Deepdale in front of supporters is something Iversen wanted to do and he will provide fierce competition for Declan Rudd.

He will stay and help Leicester during pre-season while the Euros take place, due to Kasper Schmeichel and Danny Ward being away at the tournament with Denmark and Wales.

But at the latest, he will join up with North End at the end of July with a verbal agreement now in place between the two clubs.

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s only going somewhere that will guarantee him the 1st choice goalkeeper role. We won’t send him to sit on the bench so unless there is that guarantee at Preston I can’t see Daniel going back there. 

I think there is a good chance he can be guaranteed that next season at Preston, from what their fans have been saying Rudd was pretty poor last season and then missed half a season through injury

Only been 1st choice because they didn’t have anyone better (until Iversen joined)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Surely our long term replacement for Kasper???

Got one of the longest contracts we have ever given out and the club seem to be doing what they can to get him game time on loan, reports that he is very highly rated by the club

Probably be a couple more years of loans at least until we get to a point where Kasper becomes a number 2

Edited by moore_94

39 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Got one of the longest contracts we have ever given out and the club seem to be doing what they can to get him game time on loan, reports that he is very highly rated by the club

Probably be a couple more years of loans at least until we get to a point where Kasper becomes a number 2

I hope he is smashing down Kaspers place in 12 months to be honest if he is highly rated. Ward can do one for me then. 

52 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Surely our long term replacement for Kasper???

44 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

8 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I've seen Preston fans say he is too good for the Championship. 

He’s similar to Kasper in that he has the ability to make an unreal save out of nowhere which he did at times for Preston last season. He’s physically bigger than Kasper so he’s naturally more commanding in the air however the only thing that could stop him claiming the number 1 spot is his ability with the ball at his feet, although Kasper has the potential for a mistake from over confidence he’s miles ahead in that department currently. 

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Bit harsh on Ward, that. He’s no Kasper but he’s never let us down when called upon..

I'm on both sides of the fence on this. He's been the best professional you could wish for as far as being part of a football team matters. He's also been reliable too and is a Welsh international.

I only question i have is the fact that he seems to have practically wasted 3/4 years of competitive football in his career and seems content with that. Also why did we spend £12mil on a player who never plays.

12 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I'm on both sides of the fence on this. He's been the best professional you could wish for as far as being part of a football team matters. He's also been reliable too and is a Welsh international.

I only question i have is the fact that he seems to have practically wasted 3/4 years of competitive football in his career and seems content with that. Also why did we spend £12mil on a player who never plays.

One of the long injuries we have had this season could easily have been Kasper. 12 million is definitely a lot for a reserve GK but what would we have done if Kasper had been out for 3 months? 

well, a 12 million pound reserve keeper might have kept us in  the fight. Coupd have possibly saved our season from going down the pan.

Edited by MPH

13 hours ago, MPH said:

One of the long injuries we have had this season could easily have been Kasper. 12 million is definitely a lot for a reserve GK but what would we have done if Kasper had been out for 3 months? 

well, a 12 million pound reserve keeper might have kept us in  the fight. Coupd have possibly saved our season from going down the pan.

I would like to think that the club would've had an emergency recall for Iverson in his contract if something happened like that. 

The issue I have is that Danny ward seems to be too comfortable in his role here and hasn't pushed for more playing time over these 'years'. I find it a struggle given a footballers life span that he doesn't want to play as a 1st choice keeper somewhere.

37 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I would like to think that the club would've had an emergency recall for Iverson in his contract if something happened like that. 

The issue I have is that Danny ward seems to be too comfortable in his role here and hasn't pushed for more playing time over these 'years'. I find it a struggle given a footballers life span that he doesn't want to play as a 1st choice keeper somewhere.

There will definitely be a time when Iversen plays first team football for us. 

However I don’t understand why you would trust Iversen to cover for those three months despite him never having played prem football before over an international keeper who has played for us before

• Like 1