Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Wesolowski On His Way To Germany Next Summer?

I've just been thinking! Now that Australia have qualified for the World Cup next year for the first team in about 30 odd years there is a small chance that Wesolowski could be playing on the biggest stage next summer. I know it's a long shot but if he fulfills his potential for us when he's back from injury then it wouldn't surprise me if he got called up.

The Australia Under 20 coach was raving about him in the World Championships earlier this year and i'm sure back in Oz they know all about him. It would be great to see him there next year to show the world how good he really is. Forget the possibility of alerting other clubs to him, this would be great for Leicester City to have a whizkid at the World Cup next year.

Go on Weso my son!!!!

Blimey! :o Bit premature aren't we? He hasn't broken into our first team squad yet, and he hasn't even proven his fitness!!

No, I'm not being negative, just erring on the side of caution. :thumbup:

Blimey! :o Bit premature aren't we? He hasn't broken into our first team squad yet, and he hasn't even proven his fitness!!

No, I'm not being negative, just erring on the side of caution. :thumbup:

Not at all im going to put a fiver on him to make the world cup squad - look at there midfield Cahill,Kewell,Wesolowski,Vidmar

If their manager comes over to watch Kisnorbo early next year then hopefully he'll see Wesolowski aswell and there's no guesses who is likely to impress more!

I'm quietly confident Weso will be in the frame next year, although Australia do have a relatively decent squad anyway.

I've just been thinking! Now that Australia have qualified for the World Cup next year for the first team in about 30 odd years there is a small chance that Wesolowski could be playing on the biggest stage next summer. I know it's a long shot but if he fulfills his potential for us when he's back from injury then it wouldn't surprise me if he got called up.

The Australia Under 20 coach was raving about him in the World Championships earlier this year and i'm sure back in Oz they know all about him. It would be great to see him there next year to show the world how good he really is. Forget the possibility of alerting other clubs to him, this would be great for Leicester City to have a whizkid at the World Cup next year.

Go on Weso my son!!!!

When I first read this I thought he was the subject of a transfer. :blink::(:cry::huh::o:unsure::mad::mad::mad::mad: Then I saw it was about the World Cup. :D;):thumbup:

"I don't think Hiddink has seen him play yet, mainly because he has been injured until quite recently, but perhaps Patrick's name will not have been forgotten."

Hiddink would probably just laugh at Kisnorbo given the quality already in the Australian squad.

It would be very tough for him to break into the Australia squad. However if he came straight back into the Leicester team and set the league alight, then it could be a real possibility as Oz only really has one defensive midfield option atm(Vince Grella), and the times that James has played for the Aus-U20s has been in the defensive mid position.

It would be awesome to see though if it happened.

We're getting a little ahead of ourselves here.

Even if he does become established in the FOXES first team, it doesn't necessarily follow he'll immediately make the national squad.

I'd imagine that the base of players available to the Aussies these days stretched a lot further than European lower leagues!

Its an outside possibility and what an experience it would be. However if he did target that as an opton he definately would have to play out of his skn for us in the remainder of the season. That is excellent news for us. Also on the plus side for him,as far as I understand, is if he is as good as some believe then there is pressure to a degree on Ausralia Soccer for a place in the squad,provided he does well for us, as he may have the possibility of choosng to play for another nationality. Say England (after seeing Porter and Stearman in squads) or even Poland.

If he does perform on the Bigger Stage (World Cup) its likely he'll get snapped up by a bigger club than us assuming he very plays well.

Maybe not so much good news for Leicester?

If he fulfills his potential, he'll be playing at a much higher level than Leicester anyway. Atleast the World Cup hype adds value to players when the bidding wars start. I'd hate to see us sell him, but quality always comes to the top and i'd be surprised if he didn't become a top quality premiership player.

I would love to see him make the aussie world cup squad , aslong as he dont end up scoring a winner against England if we play them and get knocked out of the comp :D

I would love to see him make the aussie world cup squad , aslong as he dont end up scoring a winner against England if we play them and get knocked out of the comp :D

He will have to play absloutley Shit hot to make the 22 man side, If he does good news on both counts in my book.

Not holding my breath though.

Archived