Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Hammond wants Ghana place

Bring back Trev.

I always loved the man.

Entertainment, goals, falling over, cute kid with an afro, entertainment, falling over, elbowing sheff utd players, falling over. He had it all.

AND hitting Stan Collymore. AND the world's nicest man ©, apparently.

The complete package.

I gather you're happy with Elvis then and that, if you were a manager, you'd put up with such an indifferent scoring record (whether your job was on the line or not).

Oh and before you mention it I've given him loads of support. What I'd rather have now is the ball in the back of the net. It's the only thing he's paid for.

No one is happy when centre forwards don't score, but last time I checked he represents 1/3 of our current first team striking options. Now we can get behind the lad and encourage him to score a goal, or we could get on his case and destroy any thread of confidence he might be clinging to.

Not much of a choise is it Chandler?

The service hasn't been great, and as freely admitted by the gaffer, is an area that needed some work. They have done so for the past two weeks. My suggestion in light of this is that you put the knife down and give the ALL of the centre forwards at the club a chance to prove themselves. The focus has been on defending...this is no longer the case.

Give it a try. If it doesn't work, we can play by your rules, which I'm sure involve playing sheehan.

All I know is that last time I checked slaging people off doesn't do F-all for confidence. No one is pleased that we are short on goals, but the present course of action/wave of discontent isn't helpful.

Bring back Trev.

I always loved the man.

Entertainment, goals, falling over, cute kid with an afro, entertainment, falling over, elbowing sheff utd players, falling over. He had it all.

While Trev elbows 'em, Jase scores 'em.

Re:Hammond - apart from his tendency to drift offside and fluff up his shooting, I think there is promise there. He often does well to carve out chances for himself when he turns and runs at defenders. Hopefully he's been given additional lessons in shooting - look at someone like Dickov, who was never a prolific goalscorer at Manchester City. In fact, his goalscoring record was absymal. However, he came to us, worked on his finishing and we benefited from it.

Don't write him off yet.

While Trev elbows 'em, Jase scores 'em.

Re:Hammond - apart from his tendency to drift offside and fluff up his shooting, I think there is promise there. He often does well to carve out chances for himself when he turns and runs at defenders. Hopefully he's been given additional lessons in shooting - look at someone like Dickov, who was never a prolific goalscorer at Manchester City. In fact, his goalscoring record was absymal. However, he came to us, worked on his finishing and we benefited from it.

Don't write him off yet.

No Scowy he's rubbish, crucify him. Instead lets destroy some promising youngsters by heaping massive pressure on them to score 20 goals, and when they fail lets chew them up and spit them out. :rolleyes:

No Scowy he's rubbish, crucify him. Instead lets destroy some promising youngsters by heaping massive pressure on them to score 20 goals, and when they fail lets chew them up and spit them out. :rolleyes:

Ok then. :o:thumbup:

Yeah it's a really positive thing to do but not unexpected. We had the De Vries is the worst ever striker now followed by the Kisnorbo is crap comments. Hammond is now the latest to suffer the character assasination.

When will the collection of dimwits who slag these players off realise that nothing is achieved by the garbage that they spout ?

When will the dimwits understand that we do not attract the likes of Frank Lampard or Michael Essien to play in our midfield. We are not a plying our trade in the Premiership. We will have to make do with the standard of players we have.

When will the dimwits understand that this is a young, inexperienced and emerging team that will have to learn how to play together.

When will the dimwits realise that we have a number of players with little or no confidence in front of goal or in midfield where our players don't want to pass the difficult ball because they hear the derision from the crowd if the pass fails.

Elvis Hammond needs games, chances and our support.

GIVE THE BLOKE SOME BLOODY ENCOURAGEMENT RATHER THAN DISMISS HIM AFTER JUST A FEW STARTS AND SUPPORT HIS AMBITION.

You do have a point, but only if the player who is receiving criticism is actually a good player. For example Peter Crouch is a talented footballer and can score goals at premiership level. He is on a massive goal scoring drought and he's receiving alot of stick, basically he's the laughing stock of the nation. Now the sensible thing to do would be to get behind the lad and encourage him to get back on the scoring trail.

But if you take a player like Elvis and weigh up all the facts about his career, his talents, etc. It doesn't take a genius to work out that we've signed a duffer. 1 goal in English football at the age of 25 is abysmal, does he really have the ingredients to become a decent footballer at our level? If you honestly believe that then slating him might be the wrong course of action. But the majority of fans have realised he's a piss poor player and everytime he plays for Leicester is another game gone for somebody else to play for us.

Fans have every right to voice their opinions on players, sometimes it's undeserved but alot of the time it is deserved. At the end of the day football is a job for these footballers and us fans are customers (fanatical customers aswell, obsessed with the quality of the products) and if there's a player who's taking the piss then we have every right to take the piss back.

By the way, I personally think Elvis will score the goals to take us up this season.

What are the BBC on about. 5 goals in 6 ames?? Im sure they will find he scored 2.

Elvis Hammond has shown gimplses of being a competent footballer. Some games he has been utterly dreadful and if he plays bad I would like to think I can say so. I dont boo him when his playing I never shout Elvis you are shit that is conter productive, however commenting he shouldn't be in the team on a fans forum ( which is pretty much what websites like this are all about ) is not going to do his confidence any harm is it.

Im sure he is a nice lad and not to cockey blah blah. But I I think he will find his level in League one or possibly even League two.

I hope he proves me wrong I really do, and soon preferable. But he doesn't look lively or dangerous, he can't shoot he hasnt scored enough and he doesnt get himself into as many scoring oppurtunties as hume does, which is why Hume will start to bag goals before Hammond does.

Here we are in Germany 2006. Today's game is Ghana Vs Switzerland.

78th minute.

With Ghana being a goal behind they've decided to bring Leicester striker Elvis Hammond onto the pitch. Surely his speed with cause the Switzerland defence some problems?

79th minute

Philemon McCarthy rolls the ball out to Kuffuor on the edge of the box.

Kuffour passes the to Michael Essien in midfield.

Essien slices open the opposition defence with a lovely through ball for Elvis Hammond to run on to. Can Hammond make an instant impact here?

Hammond beats the left full for speed (and is quite lucky to be caught offside).

Elvis looks up and sees the GK making a dart run off his line to close the angle down.

Elvis picks his spot but unfortunately he's scuffed his shot.

SHOCKING!!! Its gone out for a corner to Switzerland.

What are the BBC on about. 5 goals in 6 ames?? Im sure they will find he scored 2.

Elvis Hammond has shown gimplses of being a competent footballer. Some games he has been utterly dreadful and if he plays bad I would like to think I can say so. I dont boo him when his playing I never shout Elvis you are shit that is conter productive, however commenting he shouldn't be in the team on a fans forum ( which is pretty much what websites like this are all about ) is not going to do his confidence any harm is it.

Im sure he is a nice lad and not to cockey blah blah. But I I think he will find his level in League one or possibly even League two.

I hope he proves me wrong I really do, and soon preferable. But he doesn't look lively or dangerous, he can't shoot he hasnt scored enough and he doesnt get himself into as many scoring oppurtunties as hume does, which is why Hume will start to bag goals before Hammond does.

To be fair to Elvis he did score 5 goals in 6 matches in the relegation play-offs. He had scored 2 goals in 13 matches for them during the season, but then they had play-offs which Elvis stayed for and he scored 5 in 6 games.

To be fair to Elvis he did score 5 goals in 6 matches in the relegation play-offs. He had scored 2 goals in 13 matches for them during the season, but then they had play-offs which Elvis stayed for and he scored 5 in 6 games.

To be honest I don't think we utilise Elvis in his best postion, which I feel is the right wing.

Archived