Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

leicester bands

I'm getting my own band up and going soon. Was anyone at the Musician for the city acoustic club on Monday night? I was there with my singer and we covered acoustic versions of 'Stick To Your Guns' and 'Blood On Blood' by Bon Jovi. We'll be there hopefully next monday aswell doing acoustic versions of two of our own original songs. Come along and check us out :cool:

I'm getting my own band up and going soon. Was anyone at the Musician for the city acoustic club on Monday night? I was there with my singer and we covered acoustic versions of 'Stick To Your Guns' and 'Blood On Blood' by Bon Jovi. We'll be there hopefully next monday aswell doing acoustic versions of two of our own original songs. Come along and check us out :cool:

Blood on Blood is a quality track. Seen a Bon Jovi tribute band up at Beavers bar in Hinckey once and they were quality and done that as part of their set.

Blood on Blood is a quality track. Seen a Bon Jovi tribute band up at Beavers bar in Hinckey once and they were quality and done that as part of their set.

definately is, we performed it as one big harmony pretty much as we both sang it all the way through. What I plan on doing mainly is originals but to start with you need to be doing atleasta few covers here and there. I'd definately do either of those two songs again as they seemed to go down well. I do think blood on blood sounds better acoustically than electrically though. I would re-do it next week if theyd let us do 3 but we really wanna do two originals next time.

obviously kasabian will be most peoples faves but just wondering what other bands to come out of leicester people rate. personally i love a new days enemy if anyone has heard of them, fast political punk, strike anywhere stylee. love it :D

Well theres showadywady, but i dont rate them.

There used to be a band called "the wrinkly pink catsuits" (spycadellic punk), cor about 10 years ago doing pubs like the pump and tap and charlotte i think. They were brilliant, particuly the singer.

crazyhead were alway my favourite leicester bands. and looking on the link i was reminded of diesel park west who looked nothing like that when i went to see them! :o i also quite like a band called perfume who 'almost made it' they had a single out. my mate played bass for a short while and the singer used to go to the fan club, but was a complete nobber :rolleyes: i aolso rememeber a band called pison broke, who i saw at the magazine a time or two, but i don't know if the were a leicester band or not.

• 2 months later...

One of the Ictus lads went to Rothley Primary School. \o/ I don't actually like their music, but I was at college with them in Longslade and everybody totally bummed the fock out of them. Bit 'poppy' but they've got an album out you can actually buy on Amazon, I think. Not bad for their age.

Edit: Ps, no mention for the Mack? ;)

I saw computerman last night, they were alright. My mate threw his shoes on stage in enjoyment.

Yeah these are gonna be a big(ish) band in a few years. Think ive seen them bout 6 times now. Always sounding better.

No more broken hearts

• 3 months later...

Well theres showadywady, but i dont rate them.

There used to be a band called "the wrinkly pink catsuits" (spycadellic punk), cor about 10 years ago doing pubs like the pump and tap and charlotte i think. They were brilliant, particuly the singer.

Bleedin Great band. Mad Rob is a Freaking Genius. he was in a band after called the kids aswell. they were pretty good but not a patch on the wrinklys. gonna root through old cd's now and find it out. nice one. :D:D

Archived