Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Tommy Wright

Hope this hasn't already been posted, I can't find an existing topic about it.

Tommy Wright scored again for Blackpool today... He seems to be a fixture in their line up and has seemingly put in some good performances and scored a few goals. Whilst this is probably a case of him finding his level, I wonder if bringing him back might put a bit more pressure on the existing strikers... or is more pressure the last thing they need?

Not really sure what I think on this one. Every time I've seen TW play I think he's nothing special but then to be honest, when he did come on for us for his subsitute cameos he usually got a good chance or two, just seems to have that ability to be in the right place etc. Perhaps its someone like that we're missing.

Anyway, I know his attitude and work rate has been questioned in the past and that CL really isn't his biggest fan but I think it's good to see a product of the City system doing well...

Keep it up Tommy! :D

I think we should fuk all our current strikers of to the reserves for a few weeks make them earn there money and the few weeks the "1st team" :ermm: strikers are in the reserves we should play a couple of the youth kids...whats the worst that could happen? It'd show we ain't putting up with much more of this crap, if the youth kids don't score well whats the problem? The "1st team" strikers ain't scoring!

I think we should fuk all our current strikers of to the reserves for a few weeks make them earn there money and the few weeks the "1st team" :ermm: strikers are in the reserves we should play a couple of the youth kids...whats the worst that could happen? It'd show we ain't putting up with much more of this crap, if the youth kids don't score well whats the problem? The "1st team" strikers ain't scoring!

agree with you mate, it cant really make the strike force anyworse by giving the youngsters a run out see what they can do, and see if they can do it better, but the trouble with doing that if they appear to be key players they may get scouted and taken away from us, which wont be good! says on website he is on striker search anyway!

Hope this hasn't already been posted, I can't find an existing topic about it.

Tommy Wright scored again for Blackpool today... He seems to be a fixture in their line up and has seemingly put in some good performances and scored a few goals. Whilst this is probably a case of him finding his level, I wonder if bringing him back might put a bit more pressure on the existing strikers... or is more pressure the last thing they need?

Not really sure what I think on this one. Every time I've seen TW play I think he's nothing special but then to be honest, when he did come on for us for his subsitute cameos he usually got a good chance or two, just seems to have that ability to be in the right place etc. Perhaps its someone like that we're missing.

Anyway, I know his attitude and work rate has been questioned in the past and that CL really isn't his biggest fan but I think it's good to see a product of the City system doing well...

Keep it up Tommy! :D

Or could it be that Grayson knows how to use him properly and makes him feel like an important part of the team?.

They probably do some shooting practice in training at Blackpool, hence his goals. ;)

I'd sooner see Tommy Wright given a chance than Dublin, who is well past it as a striker. Elvis Hammond has all pace and no brain, and can't shoot to save his life. Hume should be bedded in as an attacking midfielder rather than as a striker.

Perhaps so...

I'm following Blackpool's fortunes a bit now. We seem to get them in the cup quite regularly, I like their kit, their managed by Larry... and TW plays there.

lol I like your reasoning.

Although in another thread I said I don't think he has a good attitude, I would consider bringing him back to the club at this moment in time depending on a couple of factors.

1. How long he has left on his contract.
  2. Whether the club are seriously considering offering him a new deal at the end of this season if that is when his current deal is done

If the club don't feel he has a long term future with us then we might aswell take the £100K from Blackpool (if they're willing to buy him for that much).

He must have a fair bit of confidence at the moment, which can't be a bad thing to have around the club, but even if it were possible to recall him I think it would be pointless unless we really think he'll play a part at the club in the future aswell as the short term.

Or could it be that Grayson knows how to use him properly and makes him feel like an important part of the team?.

I think its that. The goals i have seen him score (replays on t.v.) he has been running onto balls and slotting in 1 on 1s. I dont think i have seen City score more than 10 goals like that in the past 3 years....

lol I like your reasoning.

Although in another thread I said I don't think he has a good attitude, I would consider bringing him back to the club at this moment in time depending on a couple of factors.

1. How long he has left on his contract.
  2. Whether the club are seriously considering offering him a new deal at the end of this season if that is when his current deal is done

If the club don't feel he has a long term future with us then we might aswell take the £100K from Blackpool (if they're willing to buy him for that much).

He must have a fair bit of confidence at the moment, which can't be a bad thing to have around the club, but even if it were possible to recall him I think it would be pointless unless we really think he'll play a part at the club in the future aswell as the short term.

the fee was agreed when he went on loan so that is set at 100k, dont forget o'grady who is younger, played in most of the pre-season friendlies is back at christmas from rushden ansd is doing well there, if he returns with his confidence high give him a go, same goes for tommy

His temperment can be costly, how many red cards has he to his name already?? Where's Statto Louise when you need her!!? :dunno:

Appearances: 32 (28) = 60

Goals: 10

Yellow Cards: 10

Red Cards: 2

1 goal in every 6 appearances

1 yellow card in every 6 appearances

1 red card in every 30 appearances

That is a record scattered about over 5 seasons, 3 different leagues and 3 clubs though.

Wright and O'Grady? Oh come on, we're not that desperate. Wright seems to have found his level and O'Grady is just shite.

How desperate do we need to be? I'd say no goals in our last 3 games is desperate enough (3 and a half if you include Plymouth). He couldn't do any worse than Hammond or Dublin so why not give him a chance?

Appearances: 32 (28) = 60

Goals: 10

Yellow Cards: 10

Red Cards: 2

1 goal in every 6 appearances

1 yellow card in every 6 appearances

1 red card in every 30 appearances

That is a record scattered about over 5 seasons, 3 different leagues and 3 clubs though.

Still a better record then Hammond's !

Archived