Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Tommy Wright

Levein can use that 100k to offer defenders a 1k bonus for every clean sheet and his strikers a 1k bonus for every game they draw a blank.

Extra incentive for nil nil every week, Levein would experience a continuous orgasm, pausing only to softly utter his favourite excuses.

How desperate do we need to be? I'd say no goals in our last 3 games is desperate enough (3 and a half if you include Plymouth). He couldn't do any worse than Hammond or Dublin so why not give him a chance?

I'd say that Wright is worse than Dublin and Hammond. Otherwise he wouldn't be playing in a struggling League 1 side.

Appearances: 32 (28) = 60

Goals: 10

Yellow Cards: 10

Red Cards: 2

1 goal in every 6 appearances

1 yellow card in every 6 appearances

1 red card in every 30 appearances

That is a record scattered about over 5 seasons, 3 different leagues and 3 clubs though.

Compared to Elvis he is prolific!!!! and to be fair 1 in 3 in starts. but he still isn't good enough.

We need a stiker who is proven at this level. one who maybe isn't getting in at another club.

Take Elvis back to Fulham with the receipt and say 'errm.. really sorry, got home and realised we already had a shed load of sh it strikers, can we have our money back please?'

Levein doesn't keep receipts, otherwise he'd take those ****in disgusting tracksuits he wears back aswell.

If it's between Hammond or Wright.

It would av to be Wright.

He's scoing record is 10 times better than Hammond's quite literally!

An he's shown he can score at Championship level.

Does anyone remember when he killed Fo*est at Walkers a few years ago.

An he's a Leicester Fan!

Everything that's said on here begs the question for me: why on earth not have Chambers on the bench?

To me he looks a natural goalscorer and, more important he gets a good percentage of his shots on target which is a major failing of ours.

I'd rather look to the future than the past.

Everything that's said on here begs the question for me: why on earth not have Chambers on the bench?

To me he looks a natural goalscorer and, more important he gets a good percentage of his shots on target which is a major failing of ours.

I'd rather look to the future than the past.

:D:D:D:D You really are like a broken record sometimes :D

I do agree in a way, but i'd rather see Chambers break onto the scene slowly next season rather them him being treated as a 15 year old saviour who is going to score us goals.

Well at least your persistent pluggin of Sheehan has payed off, well hope thats who he has in mind to come in a LB. Hopefully the lad can make his mark this time and Levein will take notice.

I'd like to see Hume and Ve Vries start tonight, but have Hammond, Wright AND Chambers on the bench. Plenty of attacking options.

Tommy's got 5 in 10 in a piss-poor Blackpool side. That's not a bad return. Whilst I'm under no illusions about his lack of Premiership class, the point of sending a striker on loan is to give him the chance to score goals. Which he's done.

Football's a mental game, as much as a physical one, for strikers at times. It seems to me Tommy might be the only one whose stock is rising at the moment. Recall him and give him a chance, Craig.

:D:D:D:D You really are like a broken record sometimes :D

I do agree in a way, but i'd rather see Chambers break onto the scene slowly next season rather them him being treated as a 15 year old saviour who is going to score us goals.

Well at least your persistent pluggin of Sheehan has payed off, well hope thats who he has in mind to come in a LB. Hopefully the lad can make his mark this time and Levein will take notice.

I don't think of him as a saviour. I just look at our options in what are difficult circumstances and always come up with Chambers being the best chance that I've seen to improve our strike rate.

Someone like Dodds may be better but I've not seen a lot of him so cannot pass a sensible opinion.

People have said Chambers is too young, too vulnerable, might have his confidence shattered, won't cope physically etc etc and they may be right.

But he's certainly coped well enough when I've seen him and I don't think SHORTISH spells from the bench would do him anything but good - and the team MIGHT just benefit. I quite concede that it might not in which case we would have to think again.

Either way I'd like to find out and given the current circumstances I think the downside is pretty limited.

But let me emphasise. This is NOT a Chambers campaign. It's just an idea that might work in the absence of anything better and I only say MIGHT.

I don't think of him as a saviour. I just look at our options in what are difficult circumstances and always come up with Chambers being the best chance that I've seen to improve our strike rate.

Someone like Dodds may be better but I've not seen a lot of him so cannot pass a sensible opinion.

People have said Chambers is too young, too vulnerable, might have his confidence shattered, won't cope physically etc etc and they may be right.

But he's certainly coped well enough when I've seen him and I don't think SHORTISH spells from the bench would do him anything but good - and the team MIGHT just benefit. I quite concede that it might not in which case we would have to think again.

Either way I'd like to find out and given the current circumstances I think the downside is pretty limited.

But let me emphasise. This is NOT a Chambers campaign. It's just an idea that might work in the absence of anything better and I only say MIGHT.

... and we need to try something else. :huh::unsure::ph34r::whistle:;):thumbup:

Archived