Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

The post-mortem of today's defensive debacle began a few minutes into the game. However, de Bruyne is a law unto himself, so I can suck that one up.

Someone started a post re Kolo Toure and his responsibility for defence training. Whilst not entirely condemnatory, his commitment was questioned - citing his penchant for playing the playboy. Turns out Mike Stowell trains the lads in defending corners and the like.

What I'm getting the impression of is that certain personnel just might be viewing a job at City as comfortable - not giving the club 100%.

For me and, hopefully, Top, anything less than total commitment is inexcusable. We have very talented players up front, yet the essential recruitment of defenders reflecting our status has been neglected for overlong. Sure, Söyüncü, Fofana and Evans have proven effective - except when Evans drops out with another injury. Then panic sets in. Bennett and Vestergaard was/is nothing but a failed short-term stop-gap. The main aim should have been the recruitment of Evans successor - two seasons ago.

Neither Fofana's nor JJ's injuries were foreseeable, except in the sense that injuries happen. We have a top-class stand-in goalkeeper - why not a Tarkowski level cover for any and all of the CBs? Who's not taking our club seriously?

BR favours players who, for some of us Forum posters, consistently haven't performed. We see Tielemans not being consistent; being clumsy and inaccurate. Is he winding down in preparation for a move? Is he so good that he can't be given a bollocking or dropped or sold. Didn't he have form at Monaco for precisely this attitude? 

My view is that no one should be above putting the Club's best interests at heart - not Rogers, not Toure, not Tielemans. Why isn't Soumare in better shape after six months here? Are players presenting themselves as sick because they want to avoid the next shambles? Why are players openly speaking of disagreements with Rodgers about game plans?

Is Rodgers too soft or too egotistical or can he just not be arsed? There's a nucleus of a fine side at City and it's not being tended to or developed. 

The BBC MotD team tonight just stated what everyone on here knows - that zonal marking isn't working. 

Finding solutions to these problems is advantageous for everyone at the club, so failing to address them is dissing the club.

May be the tide will turn when Wes and JJ return, but I wouldn't bank in that working overnight. Rodgers owes the club his full and lucid commitment - anything less is betraying it. 

 

 

  • Like 3
Posted
13 hours ago, gerblod said:

The post-mortem of today's defensive debacle began a few minutes into the game. However, de Bruyne is a law unto himself, so I can suck that one up.

Someone started a post re Kolo Toure and his responsibility for defence training. Whilst not entirely condemnatory, his commitment was questioned - citing his penchant for playing the playboy. Turns out Mike Stowell trains the lads in defending corners and the like.

What I'm getting the impression of is that certain personnel just might be viewing a job at City as comfortable - not giving the club 100%.

For me and, hopefully, Top, anything less than total commitment is inexcusable. We have very talented players up front, yet the essential recruitment of defenders reflecting our status has been neglected for overlong. Sure, Söyüncü, Fofana and Evans have proven effective - except when Evans drops out with another injury. Then panic sets in. Bennett and Vestergaard was/is nothing but a failed short-term stop-gap. The main aim should have been the recruitment of Evans successor - two seasons ago.

Neither Fofana's nor JJ's injuries were foreseeable, except in the sense that injuries happen. We have a top-class stand-in goalkeeper - why not a Tarkowski level cover for any and all of the CBs? Who's not taking our club seriously?

BR favours players who, for some of us Forum posters, consistently haven't performed. We see Tielemans not being consistent; being clumsy and inaccurate. Is he winding down in preparation for a move? Is he so good that he can't be given a bollocking or dropped or sold. Didn't he have form at Monaco for precisely this attitude? 

My view is that no one should be above putting the Club's best interests at heart - not Rogers, not Toure, not Tielemans. Why isn't Soumare in better shape after six months here? Are players presenting themselves as sick because they want to avoid the next shambles? Why are players openly speaking of disagreements with Rodgers about game plans?

Is Rodgers too soft or too egotistical or can he just not be arsed? There's a nucleus of a fine side at City and it's not being tended to or developed. 

The BBC MotD team tonight just stated what everyone on here knows - that zonal marking isn't working. 

Finding solutions to these problems is advantageous for everyone at the club, so failing to address them is dissing the club.

May be the tide will turn when Wes and JJ return, but I wouldn't bank in that working overnight. Rodgers owes the club his full and lucid commitment - anything less is betraying it. 

 

 

Can understand the frustration & some points in the post...& When a Team is struggling "as a team" critic brings up points from all corners of the gutter.

I Read most so called utterings true/false/lies reportedly Coming from within the club but players speaking openly on a regular Basis over game-plan disagreements, thats a new One on me...

 

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Can understand the frustration & some points in the post...& When a Team is struggling "as a team" critic brings up points from all corners of the gutter.

I Read most so called utterings true/false/lies reportedly Coming from within the club but players speaking openly on a regular Basis over game-plan disagreements, thats a new One on me...

 

The comment was attributed to Castagne - who, how regularly or how many players wasn't stated. That it was a named attribution rather than a 'someone at the club' rumour is important. It's a strong and potentially divisive statement for any player to make. I don't see Castagne as an irresponsible element, yet he, apparently, wasn't keen on Gasperini. He may have issues with managers generally.

I don't like rumours or rumour mongering, but I'm interested in how the team and club is being run and I would hope that, with the club at its current zenith, all parties were working in unison to maintain our position. There's nothing sadder than seeing the names of the 'fallen' clubs who were once great and have succumbed to mismanagement of the incompetent or unscrupulous - it very nearly happened to City.  

Personally, I'd hope BR turns it round. He's comparatively young and, if he learns from adversity and steadies the ship, then he deserves a longer tenure. But I think this season is a critical one for him.

Edited by gerblod
Supplemental comment.
Posted

I can think of an extra 35-40 million reasons why Tarkowski wasn’t pursued. 
 

Youri was thrown into the Napoli game when he wasn’t 100% match fit and now he has to play games on short test against some of the best sides in the world. 
 

I can’t speak to any of parts of your post that you completely made up. 

  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, gerblod said:

The post-mortem of today's defensive debacle began a few minutes into the game. However, de Bruyne is a law unto himself, so I can suck that one up.

Someone started a post re Kolo Toure and his responsibility for defence training. Whilst not entirely condemnatory, his commitment was questioned - citing his penchant for playing the playboy. Turns out Mike Stowell trains the lads in defending corners and the like.

What I'm getting the impression of is that certain personnel just might be viewing a job at City as comfortable - not giving the club 100%.

For me and, hopefully, Top, anything less than total commitment is inexcusable. We have very talented players up front, yet the essential recruitment of defenders reflecting our status has been neglected for overlong. Sure, Söyüncü, Fofana and Evans have proven effective - except when Evans drops out with another injury. Then panic sets in. Bennett and Vestergaard was/is nothing but a failed short-term stop-gap. The main aim should have been the recruitment of Evans successor - two seasons ago.

Neither Fofana's nor JJ's injuries were foreseeable, except in the sense that injuries happen. We have a top-class stand-in goalkeeper - why not a Tarkowski level cover for any and all of the CBs? Who's not taking our club seriously?

BR favours players who, for some of us Forum posters, consistently haven't performed. We see Tielemans not being consistent; being clumsy and inaccurate. Is he winding down in preparation for a move? Is he so good that he can't be given a bollocking or dropped or sold. Didn't he have form at Monaco for precisely this attitude? 

My view is that no one should be above putting the Club's best interests at heart - not Rogers, not Toure, not Tielemans. Why isn't Soumare in better shape after six months here? Are players presenting themselves as sick because they want to avoid the next shambles? Why are players openly speaking of disagreements with Rodgers about game plans?

Is Rodgers too soft or too egotistical or can he just not be arsed? There's a nucleus of a fine side at City and it's not being tended to or developed. 

The BBC MotD team tonight just stated what everyone on here knows - that zonal marking isn't working. 

Finding solutions to these problems is advantageous for everyone at the club, so failing to address them is dissing the club.

May be the tide will turn when Wes and JJ return, but I wouldn't bank in that working overnight. Rodgers owes the club his full and lucid commitment - anything less is betraying it. 

 

 

I think this is a little unfair. Soyuncu  was brought in to replace Maguire and up until this season has largely been a success. Fofana cost 30 million and is the replacement for Evans. Bennett was a disaster but January is a difficult window.  Vestergaard was a last minute buy but we'd been monitoring him for a while. We needed a body in there and maybe he was the best of what we could get? 

 

I know some question Rodgers at the moment but what is the evidence that he isn't fully committed? 

 

You ask some pertinent questions but I'm not sure what the evidence is behind some of them but maybe you have some inside knowledge others don't

Edited by reynard
  • Like 1
Posted
Just now, The_77 said:

Are you sure about that?

You're apparently not sure about that. Instead of me second-guessing your meaning, why not illuminate me as to why you believe I'm being disingenuous.

Posted
14 hours ago, gerblod said:

The post-mortem of today's defensive debacle began a few minutes into the game. However, de Bruyne is a law unto himself, so I can suck that one up.

Someone started a post re Kolo Toure and his responsibility for defence training. Whilst not entirely condemnatory, his commitment was questioned - citing his penchant for playing the playboy. Turns out Mike Stowell trains the lads in defending corners and the like.

What I'm getting the impression of is that certain personnel just might be viewing a job at City as comfortable - not giving the club 100%.

For me and, hopefully, Top, anything less than total commitment is inexcusable. We have very talented players up front, yet the essential recruitment of defenders reflecting our status has been neglected for overlong. Sure, Söyüncü, Fofana and Evans have proven effective - except when Evans drops out with another injury. Then panic sets in. Bennett and Vestergaard was/is nothing but a failed short-term stop-gap. The main aim should have been the recruitment of Evans successor - two seasons ago.

Neither Fofana's nor JJ's injuries were foreseeable, except in the sense that injuries happen. We have a top-class stand-in goalkeeper - why not a Tarkowski level cover for any and all of the CBs? Who's not taking our club seriously?

BR favours players who, for some of us Forum posters, consistently haven't performed. We see Tielemans not being consistent; being clumsy and inaccurate. Is he winding down in preparation for a move? Is he so good that he can't be given a bollocking or dropped or sold. Didn't he have form at Monaco for precisely this attitude? 

My view is that no one should be above putting the Club's best interests at heart - not Rogers, not Toure, not Tielemans. Why isn't Soumare in better shape after six months here? Are players presenting themselves as sick because they want to avoid the next shambles? Why are players openly speaking of disagreements with Rodgers about game plans?

Is Rodgers too soft or too egotistical or can he just not be arsed? There's a nucleus of a fine side at City and it's not being tended to or developed. 

The BBC MotD team tonight just stated what everyone on here knows - that zonal marking isn't working. 

Finding solutions to these problems is advantageous for everyone at the club, so failing to address them is dissing the club.

May be the tide will turn when Wes and JJ return, but I wouldn't bank in that working overnight. Rodgers owes the club his full and lucid commitment - anything less is betraying it. 

 

 

Don't care how good De Brunye is, he still had the time and space to control the ball, turn and shoot. It was comical defending and Vestergaard stuck underneath the ball... again.

 

I thought Fofona was recruited as Evans successor? He gets a serious injury which is out of our control. We signed Vestergaard who, on the face of it, is a "Tarkowski level cover". Both are experienced defenders but Tarkowski would have been much dearer. I don't know why everybody refers to Tarkowski anyway, he's not that good. But as I said at the time, we should have loaned a centre half not bought one. That's what the loan market is there for, cover for a position while the player is injured.

 

Tielemens is the least of our problems. Rodgers sticking with Barnes and Soyuncu (although we do have defensive injuries of course) is worse.

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, reynard said:

I think this is a little unfair. Soyuncu  was brought in to replace Maguire and up until this season has largely been a success. Fofana cost 30 million and is the replacement for Evans. Bennett was a disaster but January is a difficult window.  Vestergaard was a last minute buy but we'd been monitoring him for a while. We needed a body in there and maybe he was the best of what we could get? 

 

I know some question Rodgers at the moment but what is the evidence that he isn't fully committed? 

 

You ask some pertinent questions but I'm not sure what the evidence is behind some of them but maybe you have some inside knowledge others don't

I don't have insider knowledge. All I do is infer from stuff I read on here and from various printed and digital sources.

I'm wondering why a club with our resources is struggling with defensive issues. It is partly explicable by injuries, yet it appears that emphasis has been placed on recruiting to other sections. I've stated that a team's defence is the most crucial aspect of a team's solidity and I guess, without slighting Söyüncü, is that a brilliant but injury prone (inevitably and understandably) Evans appears to be an essential stsrter to enable Fofana and Söyüncü to knit together as a defensively controlling unit and a highly competent one at that. I'd hope that a team as achieving as Leicester now are would be making long-term preparations for eventualities like transfers out and those drawing close to the end of their careers.

Or maybe that's football and I'm naive and entitled in expecting that. 

Edited by gerblod
Changes to poor wording in last line.
Posted
10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Don't care how good De Brunye is, he still had the time and space to control the ball, turn and shoot. It was comical defending and Vestergaard stuck underneath the ball... again.

 

I thought Fofona was recruited as Evans successor? He gets a serious injury which is out of our control. We signed Vestergaard who, on the face of it, is a "Tarkowski level cover". Both are experienced defenders but Tarkowski would have been much dearer. I don't know why everybody refers to Tarkowski anyway, he's not that good. But as I said at the time, we should have loaned a centre half not bought one. That's what the loan market is there for, cover for a position while the player is injured.

I was using Tarkowski as a readily recognisable example of a competent FB. Fofana will take several years to acquire the 'nouse' Evans has acquired. I hope he stays long enough to do that.

At the level City now operate at Vestergaard is emergency cover - nothing more. We have had huge injury issues with Wesley and JJ, yet money was spent on, in particular, on sections which were not necessarily crying out for reinforcement. 

For £20m more I'd have tried to bring in a young, reasonably experienced centre-back and foregone Soumare and Vestergaard Bertrand wasn't necessary when Thomas was doing so well.

But it's easy to talk the talk. I'm not in the hot seat.

  • Like 1
Posted
27 minutes ago, gerblod said:

I was using Tarkowski as a readily recognisable example of a competent FB. Fofana will take several years to acquire the 'nouse' Evans has acquired. I hope he stays long enough to do that.

At the level City now operate at Vestergaard is emergency cover - nothing more. We have had huge injury issues with Wesley and JJ, yet money was spent on, in particular, on sections which were not necessarily crying out for reinforcement. 

For £20m more I'd have tried to bring in a young, reasonably experienced centre-back and foregone Soumare and Vestergaard Bertrand wasn't necessary when Thomas was doing so well.

But it's easy to talk the talk. I'm not in the hot seat.

Yeah I wasn't having a go at you about Tarkowski, everybody seems to use him as the experienced example.

 

As for Fofona, if he's good enough then play him (regardless of age). We're coming up against Liverpool tomorrow who put trust in their youth - take Trent as an example, a player from their youth team who has had no loan moves but just put into the side and both he and the club have benefited from that - but of course the experience of the game is a different thing and I think only Evans has that out of our defence (but he is a player that has won everything in England). That side of Evans is vital and, I imagine, great for young players to play alongside.

  • Like 1
Posted
7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah I wasn't having a go at you about Tarkowski, everybody seems to use him as the experienced example.

 

As for Fofona, if he's good enough then play him (regardless of age). We're coming up against Liverpool tomorrow who put trust in their youth - take Trent as an example, a player from their youth team who has had no loan moves but just put into the side and both he and the club have benefited from that - but of course the experience of the game is a different thing and I think only Evans has that out of our defence (but he is a player that has won everything in England). That side of Evans is vital and, I imagine, great for young players to play alongside.

Your example of Trent is an excellent one. If they're ready then 'blood' them. Thomas got the opportunity he wouldn't have got in normal circumstances (if there is a normal at City) and he excelled and is still excelling. Young players will move heaven and earth for you if they feel encouraged. 

  • Like 1
Posted
8 hours ago, gerblod said:

The comment was attributed to Castagne - who, how regularly or how many players wasn't stated. That it was a named attribution rather than a 'someone at the club' rumour is important. It's a strong and potentially divisive statement for any player to make. I don't see Castagne as an irresponsible element, yet he, apparently, wasn't keen on Gasperini. He may have issues with managers generally.

I don't like rumours or rumour mongering, but I'm interested in how the team and club is being run and I would hope that, with the club at its current zenith, all parties were working in unison to maintain our position. There's nothing sadder than seeing the names of the 'fallen' clubs who were once great and have succumbed to mismanagement of the incompetent or unscrupulous - it very nearly happened to City.  

Personally, I'd hope BR turns it round. He's comparatively young and, if he learns from adversity and steadies the ship, then he deserves a longer tenure. But I think this season is a critical one for him.

The sad thing is that in the past we've seen predictive comments by Liverpool and Celtic supporters who tend to suggest what will happen at Leicester due to Rodgers failing to learn lessons and stick faithfully to his beliefs and football 'philosophy'. Sadly, for various reasons those predictions seem to be coming true. Although young in managerial terms, he seems unable to adapt or move with the times. Whatever the media may think or say, in big clubs chairman's eyes I think he's starting to burn his bridges. The stories he tells are starting to wear a bit thin and transparent. You can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Posted
On 27/12/2021 at 23:16, The_77 said:

You spouted completely baseless speculation about  Youri Tielemans, the same player who recently celebrated winning a throw in like he just banged in a goal. Youri is clearly not fully fit, was rushed back against Napoli, and he’s now having to play on short rest and you’re speculating he’s downing his tools and doesn’t care? 

 

You’ve completely made up that players are openly speaking about disagreements with Rodgers. 
 

And, on top of that, you’re honestly wondering if players are faking illnesses. 
 


Right. 

 

I see you changed "rumour-mongering" for "speculation" - there is an important difference between the two. Thus, your  snide "Right" is without justification.

 

I admit I was unfair to Tielemans. If I chance upon him I will apologise to him. My cynicism about Rodgers had overflowed onto an innocent. I hope his loyalty and love of Leicester manifest in him signing a new contract next year.

 

I was not implying that players were faking illness/injury. I was suggesting that, given Rodgers apparent inability to fix the defence, players might lack the incentive to return as soon as they were physically able.

 

Fir me, this linked into the report that Timothy Castagne had commented on the disagreement over Rodgers tactics by players. 

I did not fabricate that. The article appeared in a link from NewsNow Sport section. How come you feel so qualified to state what's "made up" or not.

Maybe you should ask what my source was before making baseless allegations as to the veracity of my character.

I consider I've answered your criticisms adequately. I won't be responding to any further comment you might make.

Posted
3 hours ago, gerblod said:

I see you changed "rumour-mongering" for "speculation" - there is an important difference between the two. Thus, your  snide "Right" is without justification.

 

I admit I was unfair to Tielemans. If I chance upon him I will apologise to him. My cynicism about Rodgers had overflowed onto an innocent. I hope his loyalty and love of Leicester manifest in him signing a new contract next year.

 

I was not implying that players were faking illness/injury. I was suggesting that, given Rodgers apparent inability to fix the defence, players might lack the incentive to return as soon as they were physically able.

 

Fir me, this linked into the report that Timothy Castagne had commented on the disagreement over Rodgers tactics by players. 

I did not fabricate that. The article appeared in a link from NewsNow Sport section. How come you feel so qualified to state what's "made up" or not.

Maybe you should ask what my source was before making baseless allegations as to the veracity of my character.

I consider I've answered your criticisms adequately. I won't be responding to any further comment you might make.

Your post was awful and full of rumour-mongering, baseless speculation, and other nonsense but I appreciate that you returned to give it a hearty defence, professor. 

I don’t know how Youri Tielemans can sleep at night without your personal apology, maybe that’s why he’s been out of form. 
 

Last night’s game was wonderful and disproved everything you said or wondered out loud, so, yeah, there’s nothing more to say. 

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, gerblod said:

 

 

Fir me, this linked into the report that Timothy Castagne had commented on the disagreement over Rodgers tactics by players. 

I did not fabricate that. The article appeared in a link from NewsNow Sport section. How come you feel so qualified to state what's "made up" or not.

Maybe you should ask what my source was before making baseless allegations as to the veracity of my character.

 

There is no credible report of any player openly disagreeing with Rodgers, not even some BS article that nobody can find that luckily found its way onto NewsNow (which is just an aggregator).

Edited by The_77
Typo
  • Like 3
Posted
7 hours ago, The_77 said:

Last night’s game was wonderful and disproved everything you said or wondered out loud, so, yeah, there’s nothing more to say. 

And yet you have to have the last word.

Ok.

Last night Rodgers admitted he'd changed from zonal marking to man-to-man and look at the immediate change in a cobbled-together team. Maybe he'd listened to Alan Shearer on MotD stating exactly what was necessary.

And didn't they perform like lions.

As for Tielemans - he had a largely subdued part in the proceedings. Perhaps, instead of telling me why he's exhausted, you could inform BR that he should rest him. You appear to know-it-all.

Posted
7 hours ago, The_77 said:

There is no credible report of any player openly disagreeing with Rodgers, not even some BS article that nobody can find that luckily found its way onto NewsNow (which is just an aggregator).

And here you are again.

I know what NewsNow is. I explained the source. I've told you where I read the report. Bullshit possibly, but not my bullshit. 

Posted
14 minutes ago, gerblod said:

And here you are again.

I know what NewsNow is. I explained the source. I've told you where I read the report. Bullshit possibly, but not my bullshit. 

And you thought it was still OK to ask why players are openly critical of Rodgers when you knew there was a good chance what you thought you might have read was BS. 

 

22 minutes ago, gerblod said:

And yet you have to have the last word.

Ok.

Last night Rodgers admitted he'd changed from zonal marking to man-to-man and look at the immediate change in a cobbled-together team. Maybe he'd listened to Alan Shearer on MotD stating exactly what was necessary.

And didn't they perform like lions.

As for Tielemans - he had a largely subdued part in the proceedings. Perhaps, instead of telling me why he's exhausted, you could inform BR that he should rest him. You appear to know-it-all.

You questioned the character and motivations of nearly everyone under Top. You assumed the worst intensions from every one of them.
 

There also seems to be a big disconnect between what you think you’re saying and what you’re actually writing but luckily this thread will soon fade away into page 2 and beyond where it belongs. 

  • Like 3
Posted
On 29/12/2021 at 19:35, The_77 said:

And you thought it was still OK to ask why players are openly critical of Rodgers when you knew there was a good chance what you thought you might have read was BS. 

 

You questioned the character and motivations of nearly everyone under Top. You assumed the worst intensions from every one of them.
 

There also seems to be a big disconnect between what you think you’re saying and what you’re actually writing but luckily this thread will soon fade away into page 2 and beyond where it belongs. 

Well, let's extend it a little longer. After all you appear, in spite of ostensibly wishing the thread to die away, to wish to carry it on ad nauseam.

I questioned the character and motives of everyone under Top? Utter tripe. I think you're getting tired and dizzy climbing the moral high ground.

Are you aware of just how many people that might include? You indulge yourself overly in histrionic hyperbole. 

 

I questioned Tielemans commitment to City. Unless you (or I) know what his inner motivations are, despite any open show of fealty or affection, your guess is as good as mine. I expect you'll now accuse me of declaring him insincere. So be it. 

 

You have no idea about the veracity or otherwise of the article I read. So claiming it is bullshine is as disingenuous of you as you claim it is of me. 

 

As for Rodgers, my criticism all along is his patchwork match management. More than a few other posters on here have questioned his decision making within the run of the game. I also questioned his team selection and his pre-match strategies. I've questioned where his ego might have drawn him in terms of player selection and tactics.  I'm absolutely sure he's an excellent person to work for in terms of his employee care qualities.

 

Now you've demonstrated yourself as the unquestioned guardian and defender of the hierarchy of Leicester City FC maybe you feel you'd warrant a new Forum title...?

Posted (edited)
On 27/12/2021 at 14:57, gerblod said:

or £20m more I'd have tried to bring in a young, reasonably experienced centre-back and foregone Soumare and Vestergaard Bertrand wasn't necessary when Thomas was doing so well.

But it's easy to talk the talk. I'm not in the hot seat.

....the situation at the time called for the actions which we took!!!

 The choices may have turned out to be less than we had hoped but the idea was right..

   At the time bringing in Vestergaard as a last minute replacement to cover Fofana and Evans recurring problems was a no brainer, we had been linked with him prior to his acquisition. Tarkowski on the other hand would have cost us a lot of money, Burnley would not have let us get away with anything less than £40m.

  Bertrand was a good call, an experienced head to share with Thomas and if Soumare can get his game going like KDH, then you would understand that the idea is what we have needed for a long time, the double pivot is not enough to protect our back four.

 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
Posted
2 hours ago, gerblod said:

Well, let's extend it a little longer. After all you appear, in spite of ostensibly wishing the thread to die away, to wish to carry it on ad nauseam.

I questioned the character and motives of everyone under Top? Utter tripe. I think you're getting tired and dizzy climbing the moral high ground.

Are you aware of just how many people that might include? You indulge yourself overly in histrionic hyperbole. 

 

I questioned Tielemans commitment to City. Unless you (or I) know what his inner motivations are, despite any open show of fealty or affection, your guess is as good as mine. I expect you'll now accuse me of declaring him insincere. So be it. 

 

You have no idea about the veracity or otherwise of the article I read. So claiming it is bullshine is as disingenuous of you as you claim it is of me. 

 

As for Rodgers, my criticism all along is his patchwork match management. More than a few other posters on here have questioned his decision making within the run of the game. I also questioned his team selection and his pre-match strategies. I've questioned where his ego might have drawn him in terms of player selection and tactics.  I'm absolutely sure he's an excellent person to work for in terms of his employee care qualities.

 

Now you've demonstrated yourself as the unquestioned guardian and defender of the hierarchy of Leicester City FC maybe you feel you'd warrant a new Forum title...?

:schmike: happy new year. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...