Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JamesWelshFox

Are we being played by the big boys ?

It's not really any different to any other year. In the past we've had regular interest Mahrez/Kante/Maguire/Soyuncu/Mahrez/Vardy etc.

It seems worse because of the lack of transfer incomings, and our poor recruitment under Rodgers's tenure. That's the truth that his admirers don't want to listen to. In the past, we knew we were going to lose a key player every year, but we knew our recruitment team would reinvest the money and make us stronger. Under Rodgers, we've actually sold less key players, but his signings have been so poor, we haven't progressed the strength of our starting XI.

Ultimately, with our change in the way we recruit, we have played ourselves. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I am not a Rodgers admirer.  However, as has been pointed out many, many, times Rodgers is just one small part of the recruitment process and not even the most important part.  

Criticise his tactics, man management or whatever else but do please stop banging on about recruitment as if he is not only coach but chief scout, head of recruitment and commercial director.   

Quite agree, but….

AABDBDDE-699F-4F4A-8F99-1A980655CB25.gif.2955ecbdaaf0a1d6210f3d5720d9ee70.gif

13 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

I am not a Rodgers admirer.  However, as has been pointed out many, many, times Rodgers is just one small part of the recruitment process and not even the most important part.  

Criticise his tactics, man management or whatever else but do please stop banging on about recruitment as if he is not only coach but chief scout, head of recruitment and commercial director.   

I think the post said ‘under BR’s tenure’. He has made changes to the recruitment team and process and whether he is directly responsible or not, the recent transfers haven’t paid off in the way they did in the past with Maddison, Wilf etc. I think it’s fair to criticise his overall tenure including transfer dealings. For what it’s worth I’m actually a Brendan fan on the whole, I just try to have a balanced view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

I think the post said ‘under BR’s tenure’. He has made changes to the recruitment team and process and whether he is directly responsible or not, the recent transfers haven’t paid off in the way they did in the past with Maddison, Wilf etc. I think it’s fair to criticise his overall tenure including transfer dealings. For what it’s worth I’m actually a Brendan fan on the whole, I just try to have a balanced view.

Oh no I agree with this.  What got my goat was  reference to Brendan admirers.  I have been very critical of Brendan but I do get frustrated by people trying to lay the blame for poor transfers at his door.  We have scouts, a head of recruitment and director of football.  If Todgers really is the omnipotent force controlling all of our business (God help us) then let's sack the lot of them and save their salaries.  

It's just factually a nonsense.  He will have some input but I very much doubt the first or last word.  

• Like 1

We're just part of the food chain, aren't we ? Hardly being played. 

We don't sell our 'star' players as easily as we used to either. 

At the end of the day, if a player's head is turned by a so called bigger club with European football included, there's not much we can do. 

• Like 1