Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Hume and Hammond

Great performance from them both. We have got to stick with this, no chopping and changing, give them 5-6 games and they'll click even more.

Hammond played his heart out today, deserved that goal so much. Being low on confidence in front of goal, i'm not suprised he missed those chances he had, but i let him off because ANYTHING is better than having De Vries or Dublin up front. And anyway, Hammond is better at holding up the ball than De Vries, isn't that what De Vries is supposedly good at, so forget him.

Hume - two fantastic goals, like Hammond, he played his heart out, never gave the Sheffield United defence a rest. With these two up front we can get behind defences, we can make the opposition WORRY ABOUT US. Instead of us worrying about the opposion all the time.

:D

It's a shame that hume is cup tied for bolton game, it would have been nice to carry it on.

i wasn't at the game, so i would like to ask a question. did we cut down on the amount of long balls because we didn't have the height up front? sometimes i think our players just hoof it upfield because they see the big de vries up there.

was there more of a passing approach today?

It's a shame that hume is cup tied for bolton game, it would have been nice to carry it on.

i wasn't at the game, so i would like to ask a question. did we cut down on the amount of long balls because we didn't have the height up front? sometimes i think our players just hoof it upfield because they see the big de vries up there.

was there more of a passing approach today?

Sometimes we did panic at the back a bit and resort to the odd hoof but the majority of the time we were passing it around nicely, strikers dropping back to link up with the midfield and good use of the wings by both full back and winger.

Hume went quiet for about half an hour and then came back to life and Elvis ran his socks off, im so pleased CL went with that pairing but its seems he only went with that because of MDV being below par. He cant drop one of them now surely? Can he?

Hume went quiet for about half an hour and then came back to life and Elvis ran his socks off, im so pleased CL went with that pairing but its seems he only went with that because of MDV being below par. He cant drop one of them now surely? Can he?

If MDV starts on saturday , I'll walk out of Elland Rd and go straight home.

he might after wednesday as hume is ineligible

If MDV starts on saturday , I'll walk out of Elland Rd and go straight home.

Its an arse that the cup games keep kicking him out of the side how annoying. Dont be a twat Craig start Hammond and Hume up front on Saturday please, pretty please.

As you know I'd tended towards MDV/Hammond up front with Hume in the hole but after reviewing the evidence of Derby and today's scintillating follow up I just cannot see that MDV is fast enough for this side.

In some ways I quite like MDV (and have certainly been grateful for his goals) but its like comparing Arkle and Red Rum with Dobbin as far as athleticism goes. The choice isn't even difficult if Craig were to be fair.

Like Nils, the only place I can see for MDV is on the bench and then only, presumably, until the January signings.

By that time Levein may well have harder problems. Because if Hughes recaptures his form/fitness and Wesolowski appears once more on the scene, there's going to be the difficult task of fitting folk in.

Assuming Smithy's retained for the second half of the season there's probably a case for a winger (although Sylla certainly had a good enough game today).

Sheehan or Stearman should be left back (if he loses those two he'll be taken to the cleaners) so, all of a sudden, where are all the weaknesses?. Only where cover and competition is concerned I guess.

And wherever will the likes of Tiatto, Williams, MDV, Nils even possibly fit in? If I were them I'd get my agents to start having a quiet word about what might be available elsewhere unless they relish an unusually long if reasonably well paid period of idleness).

Like Nils, the only place I can see for MDV is on the bench and then only, presumably, until the January signings.

Although I haven't been too keen on Johansson in the past, I thought he did a good job today. Ok, he didn't offer us much if anything in attack but when you've got Ryan Smith playing like that infront of him then there's not much need for the left back to be able to create too. Defensively he dealt with most things whilst having very little support from Smith and made one brilliant tackle on the edge of the area in the second half. I now agree with some people that Johansson is one of the better defenders in this division. I would stick with him at left back now.

nils got caught out of position on more than 1 occasion, and tends to get sucked inside a lot as well

He tends to help out in central defence (which is pnly natural considering he`s a CB), which leaves a gap at LB, which was expossed by a good sheff u team, and others of less quality.

I think Levein's found his new striker partnership.

De Vries should start games on the bench but come on if Leicester needs a physical presence up front or for an extra attacking option if they're behind.

De Vries had also better play his ass off on Wednesday... Hume is cup-tied but after today, he ought to realize that there's some serious competition for starting forward jobs and a good performance at Bolton won't hurt his case.

i think CL wil play them together on sat, as he said on official site, that last time he tried them together it didnt work and should of, and he said something about keeping it and thinking it should work, well something along them lines anyway!!! :rolleyes:

i think CL wil play them together on sat, as he said on official site, that last time he tried them together it didnt work and should of, and he said something about keeping it and thinking it should work, well something along them lines anyway!!! :rolleyes:

Didnt it? Hume scored, hammond had 2 disalowed, and on tv replay it clearly shows one of them was ok, so the hammond hume partnership has worked. Dont be fooled, craig levein like most managers will say nearly anything to "justify" their actions.

Archived