Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

MLS- 2023 season

So I know this might not be the most popular thread 😁 but there ARE several U.S  based foxes who take a vested interest in their local team and today marks the start of the MLS season.

for me, I moved from England when I was 35 and was delighted when my nearest big  City, Charotte, entered the MLS last season.

first game is tonight! Right now! Against New England.

crowd is about 70,000.

• Like 1

Charlotte were very subdued . Lost 1-0. 

However in preseason one of their players died in a boating accident. Played regularly , very popular and it’s all still very raw still.. leaves behind a young daughter, was 25. English guy who started his career at Spurs. Played a league cup game and that’s it.

https://www.charlottefootballclub.com/news/anton-walkes.

they signed an Argentinian striker for $10m in the summer. Expecting big things of him!

• Sad 1

I'm going to make an effort to watch more this season. Been planning to for a few years now but still deliberating on a team to support. I like that there have been so much expansion teams so think I'll go with St.Louis sewing as it's their first year in the league. 

• Like 1

On 25/02/2023 at 19:49, MPH said:

So I know this might not be the most popular thread 😁 but there ARE several U.S  based foxes who take a vested interest in their local team and today marks the start of the MLS season.

for me, I moved from England when I was 35 and was delighted when my nearest big  City, Charotte, entered the MLS last season.

first game is tonight! Right now!

CHARLOTTE IS RUGBY CLUB WITHOUT FUCHS

Love me some MLS.

Are any broadcasters in the UK showing MLS this season, or is the only legal way to watch it via Apple TV? I’m curious to know how the Apple deal affects international coverage.

The Apple coverage looks great so far even with a few changes they have to make on the fly. 

2 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Love me some MLS.

Are any broadcasters in the UK showing MLS this season, or is the only legal way to watch it via Apple TV? I’m curious to know how the Apple deal affects international coverage.

The Apple coverage looks great so far even with a few changes they have to make on the fly. 

personally I wasn’t impressed with the charlotte coverage. They had one camera angle for the whole game and that was one that seemed high up in the stadium. They showed a couple of different angles for replays but this was a crowd of 70,000 and it felt like. League one standard camera work…

15 hours ago, MPH said:

personally I wasn’t impressed with the charlotte coverage. They had one camera angle for the whole game and that was one that seemed high up in the stadium. They showed a couple of different angles for replays but this was a crowd of 70,000 and it felt like. League one standard camera work…

Ahh, that’s interesting to know. I only watched the Nashville vs NYCFC game on a dedicated broadcast—the camera angle was a little high and fish-eyed, but I wasn’t sure if that was just a function of Geodis Park. I watched about 60 mins of game time on MLS 360 for the night games, so I wasn’t focused too much on the production quality for the individual game broadcasts.

8 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Ahh, that’s interesting to know. I only watched the Nashville vs NYCFC game on a dedicated broadcast—the camera angle was a little high and fish-eyed, but I wasn’t sure if that was just a function of Geodis Park. I watched about 60 mins of game time on MLS 360 for the night games, so I wasn’t focused too much on the production quality for the individual game broadcasts.

it wasn’t enough to convince me fork out $100 for the season pass unfortunately!

26 minutes ago, MPH said:

it wasn’t enough to convince me fork out $100 for the season pass unfortunately!

Do you have T-Mobile (or Sprint, or any of the carriers that give you access to T-Mobile Tuesdays), or do you know a Charlotte season ticket holder with an extra Season Pass code? I’m looking for ways that you can get SP for free.

On 27/02/2023 at 16:13, MPH said:

Seems like quite a few teams take this single, fixed camera approach.  
Guess they are trying to save money wherever they can.

Anyways, I plan on making it a point to watch some of my local teams games this year - FC Dallas.

I want to take my granddaughter to one of their games this year, and introduce her to soccer (Football :) ).  
Im wanting to take her with me next year when the Mexican National Team play their yearly game at Cowboy Stadium.

Edited by marbles

• 5 weeks later...