Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oxfordfox83

Tattoo Advice

Tell her you’re thinking of getting a big blue W tattooed on each arse cheek so that each time we score in the championship you can drop your pants, bend over and signal your appreciation. Then ask her view about it 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

9 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

How old's your friend? I only ask as I think tattoos are something best left until you settle into tedious middle age.

When I was in my 30s I would say that the regret level amongst my peers about the tattoos they'd had in the previous decade was pretty close to 100%

She’s 30, and I’ve had the same success rate as you among my peers…

5 hours ago, Samilktray said:

I can’t believe this is a thread to be fair, just say you like it and keep it moving. It’s irrelevant whether you like it as it’s not on your body? Bizarre 

You didn’t read the OP then.

It’s not that my opinion of the tattoo is especially relevant, but it is about how I respond to a friend asking about something I will struggle to pretend to like. An actual friend who I want to be nice to regardless of what I think.

Was hoping for some helpful responses and got some. 

There is a thing called tact...
"Does my butt look big in this"? - "You look great"
When the bride appears, they dont look like a giant white and taffeta blacmange... "you looked amazing"
When you see a (in your opinion) potentially life destroying tattoo  - "wow, look at all the intricacies and work"

What other people think of me is none of my business

• Like 2

With all due respect to the OP, but are you putting too much pressure on yourself over this and, putting too much importance on what your view is?

I would expect she has asked other friends, family and colleagues for their views too. You're just one of several.

You have received some valid ideas on this thread and I would just choose the one you think is most 'diplomatic'.

I had a friend who had a total of 23 Tattoos about her person with a stated aim of reaching 30! When she showed me her latest one I simply said, Strewth,

you certainty like your Tattoos, and left it at that. I'm not a fan and thought it was awful. I kept that bit to myself but did say to her I could admire the skill of the artist.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

This goes against what some friends have told me - they say to always be honest, even if it hurts their feelings.

However in a case like this, if it was someone I was close with, I would tell them what they wanted to hear - especially since she sounds so excited about it.  
For me, sometimes their happiness is more important than my likes/dislikes.

• Like 1