Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

On 30/03/2024 at 15:27, Jimmy said:

why do we keep using Whelan who's an ok midfielder as a striker over Siemsen?

Siemsen is injured but we still have striker options instead of playing Whelan. I would have Ava Baker up top over Whelan all day long. One of our academy players who is highly regarded at the club.

5 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Siemsen is injured but we still have striker options instead of playing Whelan. I would have Ava Baker up top over Whelan all day long. One of our academy players who is highly regarded at the club.

Siemsen was on the bench the last few games which is why I picked her out, if she's not fit to actually play, put someone from the academy there

• Like 1

I kind of remember Whelan getting some good goals when she joined as well as playing some positive football and I do feel she played a big part in our momentum shift as an early Kirk signing.  So I feel "ok" is a harsh label.

Hi I am travelling to the FA Cup Semi on the organised coaches. The website mentions buses leave at 7:15am for a 12:00 kick off. I guess there is a scheduled stop otherwise the buses will arrive at the ground about 9:15am. Does anyone have any additional info?

1 hour ago, ADN said:

Hi I am travelling to the FA Cup Semi on the organised coaches. The website mentions buses leave at 7:15am for a 12:00 kick off. I guess there is a scheduled stop otherwise the buses will arrive at the ground about 9:15am. Does anyone have any additional info?

I went to the Liverpool game on the coach, it stopped for 45 mins at Services. They are allowing for London traffic and parking. I went down to the league game at Orient and the traffic was OK so I'm driving this one, do think the coaches are going a bit early.

Edited by SK3Blue

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3954614/scotland-clean-sheet-for-howard?fbclid=IwAR2UZiLKYG9CWHaLUpq7f9yMjVqwBTMX8bh1quhgew_Kg-lbee2WX3RT1UA_aem_AeE7s6XXbnmNUSnCPbyHj6TnTwGZLpoT-QXA4sxPJ1RrHO5L3BRtkT4H_h5Y4xnflFhazcQqXTFOFpbLcpJ14VLt&lang=en

Scotland Clean Sheet For Howard

LCFC WOMEN
Published 06 Apr 2024
1 MinuteReading time
Sophie Howard played out a goalless draw for Scotland against Serbia while four other Foxes have been in recent action during the international break.
More on this story...
Detailing The International Break For City's Women
- Sophie Howard kept a clean sheet for Scotland against Serbia
- Lize Kop's Netherlands beaten by Italy
- Heavy defeat for Jutta Rantala's Finland
- Missy Goodwin a late substitute in England Under-23s' win
- Emilia Pelgander received 90 minutes for Sweden Under-23s

International representation started on Thursday night for the Foxes when Missy Goodwin and Emilia Pelgander went head-to-head in friendly action between England Under-23s and Sweden's Under-23s at New Bucks Head Stadium.

Goodwin was a late substitute while Pelgander got a full 90 minutes as the scores finished 3-1 in favour of the Young Lionesses. Missy Bo Kearns, Kiera Skeels and Katie Robinson scored England's goals as Evelina Dulian netted nothing than a consolation goal with just over 10 minutes remaining. 

On Friday afternoon, Howard, Jutta Rantala and Lize Kop all lined up for their first matches in the UEFA Women’s Championship Qualification stages, however the Scottish international was the only one to collect a point.

Expand photo
Emilia Pelgander
Emilia Pelgander in action for the Sweden Under-23s against the Young Lionesses.

City's No.5 started and played the full game as Scotland played out a 0-0 draw with Serbia at Gradski Stadion Dubočica to place them second in League 2 Group B, with a home game against Slovakia at Hampden Park now in their sights for Tuesday.

Kop made the starting line-up for the Netherlands but couldn't prevent the Dutch side falling to a 2-0 defeat at the hands of Italy as a goal in either half from the hosts at Stadio San Vito-Luigi Marulla made the difference. 

After an impressive nine games without defeat, which most recently saw them claim the Pinatar Cup, Finland were on the receiving end of a 4-0 loss against Noway. Rantala played the full game and will want to quickly move on to Tuesday night when they have the chance to earn their first points in League B Group 2 against Italy.

A full list detailing when City's players could feature on the international stage can be found HERE.

• Thanks 1

The Women's game feels so light on league games its like league game, international, league game, cup game.

Should it be changed to play each team 4 times instead of twice?  Can make some space by removing the international fixtures, and lots of large gaps in the calendar to be filled.

Edited by Chrysalis

11 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

The Women's game feels so light on league games its like league game, international, league game, cup game.

Should it be changed to play each team 4 times instead of twice?  Can make some space by removing the international fixtures, and lots of large gaps in the calendar to be filled.

expand to at least 16 teams, a 12 team league is always going to be this way

Going to be interesting to see what NewCo do with the women's game when they come to the fore. 

Also Hayes leaving Chelsea for USA, wouldn't bet against England bringing her in once Wiegman has run her course in 2/3 years. 

Attendance figures are still low, it's only Arsenal's games that really swell the overall total attendance figures. 

I would welcome a 16 team league and the conti Cup just being a knockout format rather than group. Still adds 5 games to the season minimum. 

• Like 2