Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

Gonna be an interesting season. Bristol feel quite ill equipped so hopefully not another relegation scrap, although all change at West ham again with Konchesky leaving so they'd be my outside pick to struggle. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Spurs in top half with England up top for a whole campaign. 

Predictions:

Title: Arsenal (think the delay to the start of the season really benefits them in getting Mead and Miedema back) 

Relegated: Bristol City

Leicester: 8th

• Like 1

Bristol have one or two of our Championship squad in there side I think. With the departures at the end of last season there's certainly room on the wage bill & roster to get a couple more bigger names in. Howard, O'Brien & Cain is a strong spine but Hannah will need help up top because she can't do it herself and if she has anymore injury worries we're screwed. Keep Lietzig = 8th, without Lietzig 11th.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll admit I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to women's football. Is there FFP in the WSL? 

Given the relatively low cost of women's footballers, couldn't King Power "splash the cash" and build a squad to comfortably be in the top half for less than a couple of million? 

I know we're a club with financial concerns but it seems odd that we made a big fuss about getting to the WSL but then just seem content fvcking around in a relegation scrap losing 90% of games every year? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'll admit I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to women's football. Is there FFP in the WSL? 

Given the relatively low cost of women's footballers, couldn't King Power "splash the cash" and build a squad to comfortably be in the top half for less than a couple of million? 

I know we're a club with financial concerns but it seems odd that we made a big fuss about getting to the WSL but then just seem content fvcking around in a relegation scrap losing 90% of games every year? 

Effectively you can do what you want, United have started arguing for a salary cap because they don’t want to spend what Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City are paying.

6 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

How much was a season ticket last year for the women's team out of interest. 

£42 for an adult, expect that to go up somewhat though because it’s ridiculously cheap

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Effectively you can do what you want, United have started arguing for a salary cap because they don’t want to spend what Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City are paying.

Hence why Russo has just joined Arsenal. If people think rudkin is a bad negotiator/****ed up with Tielemans they'd blow a gasket at this situation. Turned down two world record bids for her in January with 6 months on her contract, kept her for a title race, lost it on the final day and lost her for nothing 

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Hence why Russo has just joined Arsenal. If people think rudkin is a bad negotiator/****ed up with Tielemans they'd blow a gasket at this situation. Turned down two world record bids for her in January with 6 months on her contract, kept her for a title race, lost it on the final day and lost her for nothing 

Pretty hilarious how bad they've fumbled it so far this offseason in general, got to the Champions League for the first time and lost Russo & Ona Batlle for nothing, the latter being arguably their best player, their assistant manager has left to take a managerial role, Mary Earps is holding off on a new long term deal so they've had to activate her one year option. Emily Ramsey, their effective #2 has just left on a free today too after turning down a new offer.