Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Levein to Rangers?

a friend of mine who is a rangers fan and has been up to scotland over the weekend has told me that levein is being talked about as a replacement for alex mcgleish.

i know levein is scottish, knows about the spl and did a reasonable job at hearts, but to me that sounds rubbish. i see far more appropriate candidates.

what do you think?

a friend of mine who is a rangers fan and has been up to scotland over the weekend has told me that levein is being talked about as a replacement for alex mcgleish.

i know levein is scottish, knows about the spl and did a reasonable job at hearts, but to me that sounds rubbish. i see far more appropriate candidates.

what do you think?

It's a good shout. :huh::unsure:

what do you think?

The Rangers fans will not put up with his negative football for long!

Holy Grail for Scotsmen.

Stranger things have happened.

Rangers would have no problem buying the contract out.

Prospect of endless European Football and of winning titles.

Easier and probably better way of earning a more lucrative living

Return to Scotland may please his family.

Immediate top-team action instead of building for another 12 months at Leicester.

Could he turn it down if offered?.

Despite many accepting we're on the verge of a turn around in fortunes (including me) Levein is still precariously placed at Leicester simply because of so many points slipping away that we should have won.

I'm still not convinced of him as a tactician/objective team picker nor am I impressed by some of the coaching and that may go against him at Rangers cos it suggests he's still short of vital experience/knowledge and good judgement.

Nor does his percentage of quality signings-to-bad make particularly convincing reading. If Rangers notice that they might not want him doing their shopping for European standard footballers.

However, I do believe he's reluctantly accepted that attacking to win the game is vital (and harder) in English football and he is trying to make adjustments.

As I said months ago he's still an apprentice in English management and he still has much to learn before he's Rangers standard in my view. Is he clever, adventurous, subtle, cunning enough to hack it at the level of Rangers' European expectations?

He does, however, have far greater understanding of football back home than here and I always get the impression that matching or bettering Celtic is their most important priority (and he'll probably manage that with the resources available), who wouldn't?.

One thing's for sure though. He wouldn't be coming back for many of our team to play for Rangers.

Would I be pleased if he did move?. Depends on his replacement. He would leave the club in infinitely better shape than when he arrived both on and off the field and any upheaval now could be counter productive.

But there is no reason City couldn't go for another manager who believes in developing players, who favours an attacking policy and who has perhaps greater tactical/motivational and coaching abilities (with forwards) and, perhaps, greater charisma.

I don't want him to leave cos I'd like to see him fulfill the task he set himself and to be successful but if it happened I wouldn't shed tears, assuming the replacement was in the mould I've outlined.

He'd certainly deserve a big thankyou for what he's done (even if I've found too much of it pretty dour and unimaginative to watch, especially up to the arrival of Hume and Smith).

He will not go to Rangers.

His background is too similar to Alex McLeish's.

And the huns' board are not THAT dumb, they will know that he hasn't set the world alight down here, and won't be as tolerant with him as our board have been.

if rather they take williams the useless willy puller - he is scottish as well - or do the fickle leicester fans love him this week because he scored a goal last week? :mellow:

No hes still Joe Bates, No mates ;)

Archived