Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Shea Charles

Just shows the price some of these academy players are going for with little to no senior 1st team football.

I'd love us to get Borges, Doyle, Robertson and Bobb but we're talking £30-40m and one of those would be on a free.

We are not in a position or necessarily that interested in every Man City academy prospect that moves on, Maresca will probably have identified 3 or 4 that he believes are critical to how he wants to play with a handful of others who would be nice to haves but also there doesn’t appear to be much value in this market at present. 

Where he could come into his own is with academy prospects from other clubs he is aware of through playing against them, this could offer better value and opportunity rather than solely relying on the Man City academy. I think we will see Doyle and then 2 more which will most likely be loans with options to buy. 

I am not doubting this lads potential but wow that is a big fee for a player who has little to no 1st team experience, for an extra £2m

we have signed two very experienced and established players who have both been heavily involved in the England set up in recent years and who both still have 3-4 very good years ahead of them. Makes our business so far look more shrewd. 

it also explains why we may have stepped back from signing Doyle on a perm at this stage of the rebuild, which also shows a sensible approach.