Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

Sinead O'connor dies.

I was never that interested in her art particularly but blimey, she had a lot going on and one of the few famous people I think I'd have actually liked to meet, based on the interviews she's done over the last few years.

Excitingly strong (and for me, difficult to argue with) views on all this from Morrissey, who manages to only very briefly make it about himself, for a change:

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/you-know-i-couldn-t-last

• Like 1

I'm quite emotionally stunted, I've had a recent loss and not really dealt with it or processed. I thought I was doing ok until I came across a YouTube video someone's done of Sinead O'Connor and Dolores O'Riordan's vocals for No Need To Argue layered together like a duet and it's absolutely cracked me like an egg haha. 

Hopefully they're both now somewhere happier and enjoying their music whatever happens after. 

RIP. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I was never that interested in her art particularly but blimey, she had a lot going on and one of the few famous people I think I'd have actually liked to meet, based on the interviews she's done over the last few years.

Excitingly strong (and for me, difficult to argue with) views on all this from Morrissey, who manages to only very briefly make it about himself, for a change:

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/you-know-i-couldn-t-last

He absolutely nailed it. She was hung out to dry so many times by the industry but they never silenced her. Bought her last album which I think the title says it all - I'm not bossy, i'm the boss.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm quite emotionally stunted, I've had a recent loss and not really dealt with it or processed. I thought I was doing ok until I came across a YouTube video someone's done of Sinead O'Connor and Dolores O'Riordan's vocals for No Need To Argue layered together like a duet and it's absolutely cracked me like an egg haha. 

Hopefully they're both now somewhere happier and enjoying their music whatever happens after. 

RIP. 

Quite similar here Finners - re: loss and listening to SoC. Haunting voice

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I snoozed and lost the other day when I didn't buy a 2nd hand copy of her "Collaborations" album for 11 quid off Amazon, and someone else bought it. Cheapest one now over 40.

Really want it because the version of "All Kinds of Everything" on it with Terry Hall is GREAT (unlike the original) and I can't get it anywhere else

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/09/2023 at 21:25, Bellend Sebastian said:

I snoozed and lost the other day when I didn't buy a 2nd hand copy of her "Collaborations" album for 11 quid off Amazon, and someone else bought it. Cheapest one now over 40.

Really want it because the version of "All Kinds of Everything" on it with Terry Hall is GREAT (unlike the original) and I can't get it anywhere else

Many thanks for the reminder about this gem.

I found the video on YouTube, and it's delightful - especially Sinead's smile as Terry Hall starts singing, a kind of "wow-is-this-really-happening?" moment.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zorrovolpe said:

Many thanks for the reminder about this gem.

I found the video on YouTube, and it's delightful - especially Sinead's smile as Terry Hall starts singing, a kind of "wow-is-this-really-happening?" moment.

It's great isn't it? I've tried listening to the Dana version in the absence of this one on the streaming services, and no offence to Dana but I'm struggling to think of another cover that turns the original from something a bit naff into a bit of a wonder

• Like 1