Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LanguedocFox

Any idea what this is??

I've spent the past week trying to tidy our smallest bedroom/grandkids room/storage space and, in the process, trying to bring some kind of order to the junk family heirlooms. Among my treasures if found forty or fifty leads, cables, chargers etc, most of which I can identify. But I found this, which was in a plastic bag marked 'Made in China', though nothing else, and I don't know what it is or where it came from. Before I take it to the recycling centre, can anyone identify it (even in general terms)? Thanks, as ever, for any help.

IMG_E4441.thumb.jpg.41824af883b80428acf6d512218e19e5.jpg

Edited by LanguedocFox
missed the picture!

12 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

I've spent the past week trying to tidy our smallest bedroom/grandkids room/storage space and, in the process, trying to bring some kind of order to the junk family heirlooms. Among my treasures if found forty or fifty leads, cables, chargers etc, most of which I can identify. But I found this, which was in a plastic bag marked 'Made in China', though nothing else, and I don't know what it is or where it came from. Before I take it to the recycling centre, can anyone identify it (even in general terms)? Thanks, as ever, for any help.

You ever had one of those muscle stimulators?  Ronnie might not be too far from what it looks like for me!

38 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

the cable is a audio jack so it's going to have something with either transmitting or receiving a sigal.

or they're love eggs.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Langley said:

the cable is a audio jack so it's going to have something with either transmitting or receiving a sigal.

or they're love eggs.

This. Just an IR extender for remotes. 

We should have a "What Is This Thing" thread.

The subreddit of the same name is great. 

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, as RoboFox and Whoareyaaa said, it’s a remote extender/blaster - something I’d never previously heard of. I found one on eBay that is exactly the same. I got a new LG TV last year and it must have come with that.

And yes, the LG ‘magic remote’ is shit - an idea that should have been strangled at birth.

Thanks again.