Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Taxi

I'm not a regular user of Taxis I can't even remember when I las used one.

I'm probably going to need one on Thursday to get from Hinckley to General Hospital and back again after a couple of hours.

Any recommendations would be very help 

Eg is Uber any good and trust worthy?

Thanks in adavance

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'm not a regular user of Taxis I can't even remember when I las used one.

I'm probably going to need one on Thursday to get from Hinckley to General Hospital and back again after a couple of hours.

Any recommendations would be very help 

Eg is Uber any good and trust worthy?

Thanks in adavance

I haven't used a taxi for years then someone told me to use uber. I think it's great. Download the app and you can literally book a taxi for straight away. It even has the taxis in real time on the map so you know he definitely is "around the corner" as we are always told by the taxi rank. I've never had a problem. Used it about 5 times in the past month 👍 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uber isn't local to Hinckley unless they're in the area due to another drop off.

We've tried Uber a few times and although the bookings were accepted at first and a time of pick up was given, they were cancelled within minutes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've used uber around hinckley a few times and it's been fine, but going to Leicester can be a faff, if there aren't any around at the time of your trip you can't do much about it. I've pre booked an uber to leicester in the past when no local firms would even answer their phone and it set me back £45. Leicester to hinckley is about £20. Can't give any advise on local firms as I've never been able to actually use one.

• Thanks 1

Always used to use A1 when I used to come over to visit. Even after post match beers at random o'clock in the morning, they were always reliable. 

Would it be easier to get the train and then a cab to the general? You could definitely get an uber in town. 

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Always used to use A1 when I used to come over to visit. Even after post match beers at random o'clock in the morning, they were always reliable. 

Would it be easier too very the train and then a cab to the general? You could definitely get an uber in town. 

Looked at that but I'm 25mins walk from the station so would need a taxi at both ends so getting complicated.

5 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Was it my mate Dean?

I rang the number you posted but couldn't get an answer so just rang the office, was ok though. UBER was £37

• Like 1