Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

The most dangerous cities in europe

On 24/11/2023 at 00:31, Tuna said:

Newark On Trent, Hawtonville estate is legendary and I was once told never to go down Tolney Lane.

On 24/11/2023 at 00:35, Dr The Singh said:

I worked in newark for 10 years, and the gypsy community in tolney lane were awful, i have so many stories of racism and violence in that place.

That’s the school I worked at when I was accused of assault. Most of the kids came from the traveller community and most of them were great. Some parents were a ****ing nightmare. We didn’t have security doors and they’d just storm into the building during the day to pick a fight with a teacher or grab their child and pull them out. It was…errr…challenging.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 22/11/2023 at 17:30, Fox92 said:

I always liked Nottingham as a night out but I think I always felt on edge there more than anywhere else I've been at night.

edit: Northampton is up there as well actually. Went once. Never again.

On 22/11/2023 at 18:07, RoboFox said:

I went to school across the Northamptonshire border so lots of my friends went out in the town when we were 16, 17ish. 

Every weekend without fail you'd get some loon trying to scrap with you for no reason. I've never been in a fight in my life, so just used to peg it. I'm too beautiful for that nonsense.

My best mate still lives there, it's not nearly as bad but that's only because all of the bars and clubs are shut, and most of the town centre is boarded up. 

Tallies with my experiences there too...

On 02/03/2020 at 12:42, Voll Blau said:

Went out there pre-Christmas with a few mates and saw a bit of aggro in Bridge Street (shock) - one bloke in a penguin Christmas jumper against a couple in other Christmas jumpers. The penguin bloke properly slugged the girl of the couple and she took the chinning like Carl Froch, barely even registered. Her boyfriend then smashes the guy back in the face and shouts at the top of his voice: "RIGHT, YOU AND YER PENGUIN - FVCK OFF!" lol

On 22/11/2023 at 18:07, RoboFox said:

I went to school across the Northamptonshire border so lots of my friends went out in the town when we were 16, 17ish. 

Every weekend without fail you'd get some loon trying to scrap with you for no reason. I've never been in a fight in my life, so just used to peg it. I'm too beautiful for that nonsense.

My best mate still lives there, it's not nearly as bad but that's only because all of the bars and clubs are shut, and most of the town centre is boarded up. 

Northants is a great, but surprising to me, shout. Maybe I’m naive, I imagined it was a nondescript part of the world. The level of depravity not only in the town itself but across the surrounding suburbs was alarming. Hopefully never have to go there again 

37 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Northants is a great, but surprising to me, shout. Maybe I’m naive, I imagined it was a nondescript part of the world. The level of depravity not only in the town itself but across the surrounding suburbs was alarming. Hopefully never have to go there again 

Only place I've ever seen two people banging in the street. In broad daylight, by a main road too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Only place I've ever seen two people banging in the street. In broad daylight, by a main road too.

Haha wow…presume that’s the town centre which is clearly a dump. In the uk you tend to have dump city centres but once you go out a bit it becomes nice, with decent people of an average IQ. I found in northants the suburbs were also a total dump with feral people. 

On 22/11/2023 at 15:40, oakman said:

Lived there between '92 and '95. The university gave us a list of pubs not to go in as they weren't 'student friendly'. I took that to mean we'd have the sh*t kicked out of us.

On 22/11/2023 at 11:27, Izzy said:

Lived in the city centre here between '96-'99 and was on a constant state of alert

image.png.6de43ec677258ab22123b36aafae8a07.png

Was (or still is there perhaps) a place called Spiders? Seem to remember going there back in the day...

12 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Haha wow…presume that’s the town centre which is clearly a dump. In the uk you tend to have dump city centres but once you go out a bit it becomes nice, with decent people of an average IQ. I found in northants the suburbs were also a total dump with feral people. 

No, on the Harborough Road. Forget the name of the area. But, as you say, it's rife with ropey estates.

22 hours ago, Collymore said:

Was (or still is there perhaps) a place called Spiders? Seem to remember going there back in the day...

Spiders was great,, got drunk there many a time. Tower was great on a Monday, L.A.’s on a Thursday and Pipers on a Sunday.

• Like 1