Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

The most dangerous cities in europe

A few lines from the Specials on their home City from 44 years ago, nowt changes.

I'm going out tonight
I don't know if I'll be alright
Everyone wants to hurt me
Baby danger in the city
I have to carry a knife
Because there's people threatening my life
I can't dress just the way I want
I'm being chased by the national front
Concrete jungle, animals are after me
Concrete jungle, it ain't safe on the streets
Concrete jungle, glad I got my mates with me

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Naples is right up there. 

Remember going Naples with a mate and walking the wrong way out of the airport.

Watched Ross Kemp a few months later and he was at the same place we accidently walked to.

Became apparent why the taxi driver who eventually stopped to give us a lift was questioning why we walking where we were.

Oblivious at the time that Naples was dangerous. 

Edited by adejo92

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

Lived in the city centre here between '96-'99 and was on a constant state of alert

image.png.6de43ec677258ab22123b36aafae8a07.png

Lived there between '92 and '95. The university gave us a list of pubs not to go in as they weren't 'student friendly'. I took that to mean we'd have the sh*t kicked out of us.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bovril said:

Nottingham always has an air of menace to it

I've lived in Manchester and worked in bookies in moss side and longsight whilst at Uni. Never an issue out and about, even in the "dodgy areas" around the Uni/where I was living.

One year in Nottingham was enough. Jesus fcking christ, I did not feel safe. Neighbour robbed at knife point etc. Other issues as well. Always on edge there, something about it "an air of menace to it"  sums it very well. 

• Like 1

I always liked Nottingham as a night out but I think I always felt on edge there more than anywhere else I've been at night.

edit: Northampton is up there as well actually. Went once. Never again.

Edited by Fox92

28 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I always liked Nottingham as a night out but I think I always felt on edge there more than anywhere else I've been at night.

edit: Northampton is up there as well actually. Went once. Never again.

I went to school across the Northamptonshire border so lots of my friends went out in the town when we were 16, 17ish. 

Every weekend without fail you'd get some loon trying to scrap with you for no reason. I've never been in a fight in my life, so just used to peg it. I'm too beautiful for that nonsense.

My best mate still lives there, it's not nearly as bad but that's only because all of the bars and clubs are shut, and most of the town centre is boarded up. 

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Boston. No wonder the pilgrims ****ed off

Lived there for a year.

90% of the population were inbred (may not be an accurate statistic) and 95% liked to have a fight with cabbage cutting knives outside kebab shops on a Friday and Saturday night (see previous statistical caveat). 

The best of times.

3 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Lived there for a year.

90% of the population were inbred (may not be an accurate statistic) and 95% liked to have a fight with cabbage cutting knives outside kebab shops on a Friday and Saturday night (see previous statistical caveat). 

The best of times.

Living just over the border in Norfolk I sometimes feel bad for Lincs. After all we sometimes have a bad reputation too. But much of that county really is hellish. 

• Like 1