Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

The most dangerous cities in europe

11 minutes ago, adam1 said:

You'd think with the Georgian architecture etc it would be upmarket. But its done the impossible. Its a fcking dump. Locals are all drugged up as well.

Yeah it's a sad place. I always go to the beer festival at the brewery and I just hate driving through. 

Lynn's a bit better. Nice old town and slightly more upmarket. But still too many wasters and rogues.

The Nottingham observations are interesting as now I feel it’s way less sketchy than Leicester. I wonder how much of it is historic, the meadows v st.Anns gangs are all either dead or in prison. I really don’t think it’s that bad.

As for Marseille, if you stick to the harbour bit it’s nice but the gang warfare there currently is absolutely insane. I think they’re averaging one murder every two days this year. And we’re talking Kalashnikovs, not poxy little knives and fists. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Nottingham as a night out but I think I always felt on edge there more than anywhere else I've been at night.

3 hours ago, adam1 said:

One year in Nottingham was enough. Jesus fcking christ, I did not feel safe. Neighbour robbed at knife point

I've always felt unsafe there. Maybe subconscious as I despise the place anyway. Manchester too. Yet both are chocka with naive students. I've done my time on nights out and Leicester is an awkward enough place to learn how to watch your back on a night out, yet I'm intimidated in both those cities yet innocent students merrily flock there. 

Having travelled a bit when I was younger.

Belfast, Omagh and Tel Aviv were by far the worst in Europe. 

Eastern Europe was always interesting and I’d certainly wouldn’t go walking around alone in the the likes of Riga, Minsk, Dnipro or Tallin.

Let’s be honest though, certain parts of most cities can be a bit rough. Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester, Bradford, Liverpool and Glasgow all have areas which I’d rather not visit in a group, never mind alone. 

Edited by Sly

4 minutes ago, Langston said:

I wondered if they'd counted euthanasia as homicide when I saw that, very odd!

Had to go check where Dignitas is based after that, but Wiki reckons it's Zurich on the other side of Switzerland lol. The mystery continues ... I'm reckoning there's a gang of yetis in the forests, picking off the holidaying investment bankers if they go a bit too far off-piste.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, adam1 said:

I've lived in Manchester and worked in bookies in moss side and longsight whilst at Uni. Never an issue out and about, even in the "dodgy areas" around the Uni/where I was living.

One year in Nottingham was enough. Jesus fcking christ, I did not feel safe. Neighbour robbed at knife point etc. Other issues as well. Always on edge there, something about it "an air of menace to it"  sums it very well. 

Totally agree with the Nottingham points, although the student areas thankfully aren't too bad unless you head North towards the Radford/St Anns area. 

In the abroads Sofia and Berlin stand out for me - Sofia for the gangs, darkness and the general unpleasantness of the locals, and Berlin for the petty crime and the absurd amount of public drunkenness. 

On 23/11/2023 at 13:47, boots60 said:

Harrogate can be dangerous. Spend too much time there & you will develop a taste for Chardonnay, Smashed Avocado on sour dough & Wax jackets. Too dangerous.

Full of M&S and Waitrose punters on mobility scooters driving directly into your path whilst cursing and spraying spittle as they go.

Edited by Parafox

19 hours ago, Tuna said:

Newark On Trent, Hawtonville estate is legendary and I was once told never to go down Tolney Lane.

19 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I worked in newark for 10 years, and the gypsy community in tolney lane were awful, i have so many stories of racism and violence in that place.

Did you know Newark is the only town in the UK which is an anagram of willy puller?

• Haha 3

On 22/11/2023 at 21:41, Lionator said:

As for Marseille, if you stick to the harbour bit it’s nice but the gang warfare there currently is absolutely insane. I think they’re averaging one murder every two days this year. And we’re talking Kalashnikovs, not poxy little knives and fists. 

On 23/11/2023 at 00:49, Sly said:

Having travelled a bit when I was younger.

Belfast, Omagh and Tel Aviv were by far the worst in Europe. 

Eastern Europe was always interesting and I’d certainly wouldn’t go walking around alone in the the likes of Riga, Minsk, Dnipro or Tallin.

I went to Marseille in April, only for the day and thought it was lovely. Had a really nice walk all around the City. Obviously the murderers day off. Likewise Tallin although couple of years ago.

And Belfast and most of NI, definitely areas to avoid as with many places. As an NI resident for 12 years I can say lots are lovely. 

But having just arrived and had two days in Durban, most places are looking a lot better in my mind right now :ph34r:

Edited by FoyleFox

On 21/11/2023 at 21:11, Lambert09 said:

a view from canada… I spat out my tea! 

4A3DFDEE-A41F-42C3-9F7E-673AA6619BA6.jpeg

Coventry, eh?

All these years, I believed that "this town is coming like a ghost town" because "all the clubs have been closed down" [except Coventry City FC, regrettably].

Now I discover that it's a ghost town because they've all murdered one another. "Well, I never!", as my Grandma would've said.