Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Fans’ forum event

On 16/03/2024 at 09:33, SemperEadem said:

Second year running the club has decided against sending a representative.

A really disappointing stance.

Even if they did, it would likely be someone in fan engagement meaning zero change would happen anyway 😅

37 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Talk about times flies when your having fun.. I personally didn’t think it was long enough..

I was actually so engrossed in both parts the evening for me flew by, I felt like there was probably more to say. Everyone’s opinion was on point.. 

it’s a real shame this wasn’t a more taken up event but everything that ufs do for the fans, try for the club and the challenges they face then hats off to them.. on top of their day to day lives the dedication is there for all to see.. this group will only get stronger.. 

enjoyable evening.. you all came across superb :appl:

This it twitchy bum time the last 4 or so home games, let’s join as one and get the lads back up.. The players need everyone’s support!! 

I couldn't believe we had 16 drop out yesterday.

1 hour ago, lestuhfox said:

16 drop outs.

Shocking

I'm visiting Devon otherwise I would've put my name down and attended.  

Maybe everyone else was in Devon or wherever else?

People always drop out of meetings. Especially first ones for a group not properly established. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

For pure clarity, I will make it clear I know some of the guys personally connected with UFS. I have gone away games with them. Chat to some of the guys regularly. I am not in the signing section and I wouldn’t call myself a member in anyway. 

I am going to talk in broad terms because obviously people will have said things in confidence to the room. For complete picture, LCFC were given the chance to send someone (no one came) and there was a Foxes Trust member in attendance. In a similar note, they suffered badly from drop-outs across the day. 

The initial part of the talk gave UFS the opportunity to display their aims, their successes, and their challenges. How essentially they formed as a group, grew as a group and their links to other foreign groups. 

They were more than willing to concede the presentation of their group hasn’t always been the friendliest and in the last three years, they’ve worked hard on being more inclusive. Hence events like yesterday and media stories etc. 

To highlight, on the three displays this year – they’ve been no more expensive than £1,600 and by comparison, the likes of Newcastle have spent £15k on a single display. The Food Bank was a huge success – over £1k was raised alongside the donations. 

I’d say it was about half through the talk when people audibly started to speak up – largely in support, if not entirely aligned. There was discussion on atmosphere, safe standing, stadium layout, and ticketing. 

My main take from it and it doesn’t just extend to Union FS is that the club’s communication between themselves and fan groups is very poor. There has been near silence for nearly two months now. For example, they are avoiding compliance to regulation in terms of fan involvement with the Safety Advisory Group. 

There is dissatisfaction on several points within the fan base. Union FS in many ways gave a stage for people to verbalise that. How that is harnessed for change I am not entirely sure of right now. Ultimately something needs to begin to happen – which supports UFS in their aims and gives a voice to legitimate fan concerns. Rightly or wrongly, they are viewed as the custodians of the singing section which should not be the case. They’ve fought for it but they don’t own nor do they claim to. They need help and the help doesn’t need to be through them. It can be alongside them. 

It was commented that the club appeared on the backfoot when Union FS and Foxes Trust united on the point of general sale tickets. This cross-group working can be successful. The idea of a fan group gives a chance to centralise efforts and energies. 

Several others and I have decided today to join Foxes Trust and begin firstly understanding how we start to do this. Their AGM is on Monday, so any immediate change won’t occur, but we can start to make our voice heard with a vehicle. Get some freshness heard and push on it from there. It’s a £10 – it’s Plan A, it’s a start. We don’t expect everyone to be of the same opinion. But we want to give people the platform and make the awareness required to do so. There are some excellent, educated people who follow this club from differing backgrounds. We aren't going to give up on making that voice louder - we find a way, errors might be made along that journey but I ain't giving up yet. 

This was the same for me, came away thinking how difficult the club are to deal with. This was already known to be the case of course, in the main.

26 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

Maybe everyone else was in Devon or wherever else?

People always drop out of meetings. Especially first ones for a group not properly established. 

That attitude is exactly the challenge the group face. They have been set up for 10 years now and are rallying for support. Like it’s been summarised, they admit they ain’t perfect, but are out to correct their wrongs. 

It was great to see an insight to what they’ve been up to over the last few seasons.. people believe there is a large bridge between them and the other fans, but I don’t believe that’s the case at all.. 

On 16/03/2024 at 09:33, SemperEadem said:

Second year running the club has decided against sending a representative.

A really disappointing stance.

A director and three LCFC staff members from the supporter liaison team tonight at the Foxes Trust’s night.

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah it gets worse. We had asked the club if they would extend the invite to the new member of staff who is taking on the newly created role ‘head of fan engagement’. We were told they didn't know her start date other than in being in April.

Lo and behold she was there last night in attendance a few weeks earlier than her official start day with the club.

So disappointing 

6 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah it gets worse. We had asked the club if they would extend the invite to the new member of staff who is taking on the newly created role ‘head of fan engagement’. We were told they didn't know her start date other than in being in April.

Lo and behold she was there last night in attendance a few weeks earlier than her official start day with the club.

That's really encouraging that she wanted to be there even though she's not officially with the club yet. Hopefully willing to work with you all on making things better, from the moment she gets going.

Edited by CloudFox

45 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

That's really encouraging that she wanted to be there even though she's not officially with the club yet. Hopefully willing to work with you all on making things better, from the moment she gets going.

What's telling is the club appeared to tell her only about the Trust's event and not the Union FS one. Selective with which fan group is not how it should be.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 3