Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Kisnorbo - Is he really that bad?

He simply doesn't have the footballing brain or ability. Granted, he wins a few headers and tackles, but we need more than that. Kisnorbo is your typical lower league clogger, with plenty of energy/effort, and little on actual skill.

And for someone who is supposed to sit in front of the back 4, he's often found being dragged all over the pitch because he has his eyes on chasing the ball, and therefore tends to leave gaps in midfield.

What we need is somone who can sit in front of the back 4 in a disciplined manner, be confident in posession, and be able to link up the defence and attack effectively. Kisnorbo is merely a containing player, who doesn't offer anything going forward. There have been a number of occasions where he's been in posession of the ball, and he's been dispossed easily because he spends too long on the ball before deciding on what he wants to do.

A useful squad player, but not first team material.

Spot on Scowy. :thumbup:

We can all see what his role is supposed to be. He just doesn't perform it very well.

Some weeks ago I said on here he was the new Junior Lewis. Very little has happened since then which may have caused me to revise my opinion.

Sorry, but give me a list of positive things Kisnorbo does for the team?

There's only 2, one of them being winning a few headers and the other being to chase and close down the opposition.

If that's good enough for you, fine. I expect footballers to do more than that. And I don't give credit for one midfielder just because his midfield partner plays well.

What's your excuse for him being the last man in defence and being caught in possession (like a schoolboy) in the last minute of the Stoke game? That sums up Kisnorbo for me. Sh*t.

Once again thank you :thumbup:

Hmmm, let me see - last man in the last minute when we are 3-2 down thanks to your more talented highly skilled players throwing away a lead twice, what was he doing? If that is all you have to go on then you are exactly what I thought.

No wonder our home record is so good when the players have to perform in front of such knowledgeable fans <_<

Hmmm, let me see - last man in the last minute when we are 3-2 down thanks to your more talented highly skilled players throwing away a lead twice, what was he doing? If that is all you have to go on then you are exactly what I thought.

No wonder our home record is so good when the players have to perform in front of such knowledgeable fans <_<

use your noddle man, that is obviously just an example of why it could be dangerous to play him. If that had happened whilst we were level 0-0 in the last minute it becomes a whole different story... he was far to casual on the ball all game for me, that was his biggest problem and the one thing that sticks out in my mind from that match..

Oh what a stupid line that is - since when has a team's home record or even performance got any correlation with the knowledge of the home supporters? :rolleyes::blink:

As TornodoShaun says, Kisnorbo's shocking play was a prime example of how poor he is. I did not say the rest of the team were world beaters or even "highly skilled players" (as you put it) - but I doubt any of them would have lost the ball as easily and woefully as Kisnorbo did.

I see you didn't answer my question. What does Kisnorbo offer apart from heading and running? Come on, you pick one part of my argument and try to twist it - have your say about Paddy Kisnorbo without resorting to belittling others.

I feel sorry for him.

He Is'nt very good at all , but he generally works his bollocks off for us , and seems to have abit of passion.

I dont think he should be playing , but If he is making McCarthy and Gerrbrand feel safer then he is doing his job so to speak.

As for Sylla , I cant stand him , he's a cocky , lazy waste of space that thinks the world owes him a favour.

I feel sorry for him.

He Is'nt very good at all , but he generally works his bollocks off for us , and seems to have abit of passion.

I dont think he should be playing , but If he is making McCarthy and Gerrbrand feel safer then he is doing his job so to speak.

As for Sylla , I cant stand him , he's a cocky , lazy waste of space that thinks the world owes him a favour.

This is all true, but maybe onhe of the reasons he isn't standing out is that Joey is playing so well and PK looks poo next to Joey

This is all true, but maybe onhe of the reasons he isn't standing out is that Joey is playing so well and PK looks poo next to Joey

I wouldn't say so, whether joey had a great game or not, giving the ball away is still pants... =/ perhaps he just had a bad game but in my eyes it was a really bad game and he was one of the players that let us down on the night..

Oh what a stupid line that is - since when has a team's home record or even performance got any correlation with the knowledge of the home supporters? :rolleyes::blink:

As TornodoShaun says, Kisnorbo's shocking play was a prime example of how poor he is. I did not say the rest of the team were world beaters or even "highly skilled players" (as you put it) - but I doubt any of them would have lost the ball as easily and woefully as Kisnorbo did.

I see you didn't answer my question. What does Kisnorbo offer apart from heading and running? Come on, you pick one part of my argument and try to twist it - have your say about Paddy Kisnorbo without resorting to belittling others.

Oh FFS, it's the last minute away from home chasing the game, who gives a monkey's, it wasn't costing anything. What a petty thing to pick him up on and make such a big deal, highlighting the prejudice against him.

As for PK's attributes, well lets see, he is extremely fit, he can tackle and he win headers, he can also pass a ball and gives it away almost as much as Tiatto or Williams, but less than the highly regarded Dion Dublin. He knows his limitations and plays within in unlike Williams, Dublin or Tiatto and he provides a vital part of the 'team' concept.

The fact he has been made captain tells a story, but the real story is with all those who are upset about it, it really is quite telling and comical.

The ability to forward pass instead of sideways and/or backwards is always a good attribute, but that could be applied to a couple of others in the side to. He DOES work his bollox off but sometimes thats not enough, we have some complete lazy arses in our squad at the moment (Sylla and Williams to name two) we need the talented but lazy ones to perform and the crap workhorses to get better.

Archived