Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Kisnorbo - Is he really that bad?

Kisnorbo seems to be getting a lot of stick on here, some of which may be valid, some I can't understand.

To me he's winning a lot of balls in the air, relieving pressure on the back four he also spends most of his game in front of the back four, moving forward behind Joey and across the pitch left and right covering a lot of ground and making some good tackles/holding players up.

OK so he passes the ball side ways and backwards a lot, well if its to Stearman or Maybury as the break forward, to Sylla and Smith square on the wings or to Joey alongside of him - what's the problem with that, Lennon used to do that all the time.

Is it also just a coincidence that Joey has hit a purple patch showing confidence and ability that we never knew he had since Kisnorbo's been sat behind him?

OK so some his passing is a bit suspect, please name me another LCFC player that you can't pin this on!

Frankly he's not my favourite by any means, he's just a workhorse who has a simple role in the team - to stop attacks, win the ball and pass it to the nearest City player. I've also noticed that very few goals conceded have come down the middle of the pitch and when they have they're generally from free kicks of which very few if any have resulted from a Kisnorbo challenge.

Other players aren't perfect by a long way, we have Rab stuck on his goal line and diving aimlessly, we have Sylla picnicing on the wing, we have Dublin prancing and waving his arms in defence and heading the ball either upwards, to the oppo or hoofing it, oh for a sideways/backward pass from him. We have Hume, Hammond and Smith, yes the wonder boy missing chances, Stearman and Maybury both being inconsistant. Very few are beyond critiscism yet Kisnorbo seems to get beyond his fair share.

Sure I would like someone better than Kisnorbo( Wesolowski? I've never seen him play) but I don't think he's the worse performer and the level of criticism he receives IMO is far in excess of what I would deem to be fair.

Gilbert described him as "nonfootballing" this week, which I think is quite apt. He's certainly an athlete but I don't think (even at Championship level) you can get away with a complete lack of creativity in central midfield. The idea of having a defensive midfield clogger is as old-fashioned as, say, playing two great big lumps up front in a 4-4-2.....something that Levein is also prone to do!

I agree, he's getting slightly more heat than perhaps he deserves at the moment. I see our problems in lying in our lack of a reliable goalkeeper, and a 20 goal-a-season, all-singing, all-dancing centre forward in the Dean Ashton/David Healy mould.

And considering he's got no faith in either Tiatto or Williams in that position (correctly, I think) and Hughes and Wesolowski are both injured, he's not exactly got a choice.

In a team that's really firing on all cylinders, he'd probably fill the engine room role well. However, when we need inspiration, he's not going to provide any. He's an extra, not a lead role. He certainly shouldn't be captain.

And he should never, EVER, play left-back again.

Kisnorbo seems to be getting a lot of stick on here, some of which may be valid, some I can't understand.

To me he's winning a lot of balls in the air, relieving pressure on the back four he also spends most of his game in front of the back four, moving forward behind Joey and across the pitch left and right covering a lot of ground and making some good tackles/holding players up.

OK so he passes the ball side ways and backwards a lot, well if its to Stearman or Maybury as the break forward, to Sylla and Smith square on the wings or to Joey alongside of him - what's the problem with that, Lennon used to do that all the time.

Is it also just a coincidence that Joey has hit a purple patch showing confidence and ability that we never knew he had since Kisnorbo's been sat behind him?

OK so some his passing is a bit suspect, please name me another LCFC player that you can't pin this on!

Frankly he's not my favourite by any means, he's just a workhorse who has a simple role in the team - to stop attacks, win the ball and pass it to the nearest City player. I've also noticed that very few goals conceded have come down the middle of the pitch and when they have they're generally from free kicks of which very few if any have resulted from a Kisnorbo challenge.

Other players aren't perfect by a long way, we have Rab stuck on his goal line and diving aimlessly, we have Sylla picnicing on the wing, we have Dublin prancing and waving his arms in defence and heading the ball either upwards, to the oppo or hoofing it, oh for a sideways/backward pass from him. We have Hume, Hammond and Smith, yes the wonder boy missing chances, Stearman and Maybury both being inconsistant. Very few are beyond critiscism yet Kisnorbo seems to get beyond his fair share.

Sure I would like someone better than Kisnorbo( Wesolowski? I've never seen him play) but I don't think he's the worse performer and the level of criticism he receives IMO is far in excess of what I would deem to be fair.

He's not our worst problem by any means but I think you summed up his major problem - his passing. It's woeful for a professional footballer.

Sometimes it's his choice of pass - anything over 20 yards is destined for the opposition - but otherwise he just doesn't seem to be aware early enough of others players positions.

Whether it's cos he doesn't get his head up enough I don't know but he needs to spend lots of time working on the weight and accuracy of his passes and to concentrate on the short ones for now.

As you say, if he feeds other players competently then he doesn't need over elaborate passes. Funnily enough, he's another who would benefit greatly from having Sheehan around cos I noticed against Charlton, that Sheehan does read the game and he calls for a pass incredibly early.

Kisnorbo would know immediately there was an outlet available and Sheehan, of course, can pass a long ball. Indeed, on reflection, I recall them linking quite well in a reserves match when Kisnorbo first arrived.

I agree with you davie, the games I have seen him in I can't remember him making a mistake. (I'm sure he must have done though) But other players have stood out as being alot worse in matches than he has been.

People see different things though, i'm sure others will think he is the worst player ever for Leicester.

Funnily enough, he's another who would benefit greatly from having Sheehan around cos I noticed against Charlton, that Sheehan does read the game and he calls for a pass incredibly early.

Ha ha ha ha ha I think you are that boys dad.

Kisnorbo is a poor footballer. It's all well and good saying he wins the headers and runs around to cover the space, but where was he for Stoke's equaliser? The cross wasn't from a wide area, and Joey had been chasing the player that passed it inside to Brammer, who had acres of space and time to cross for Sidibe. Kisnorbo should have closed him down I feel.

As for when he's on the ball, Kisnorbo has simply no idea at all. Even I could play a square pass or backwards pass all day long, it's hardly that difficult. Kisnorbo offers nothing to the team apart from winning a few headers and chasing shadows.

He was one of our best players in the first half at Stoke. Sylla for me is one of the worst, what does he exactly do? Same with Joe Hamill, Kisnorbo helps us to retain possession a lot of the time and only on 2-3 occasions did he give the ball away, a vast improvement on previous games. Never mind where was he for their 2nd, he's not a left winger is he, where was Ryan Smith? Oh no, Smith can do no wrong can he. Well that 2nd goal was more his fault than Kisnorbo's, everyone switched off for that goal not just Kisnorbo who was actually trying to come across at the time albeit late. Give the guy a break.

You make a comple of fair points Durnerz, but to be honest, he just doesn't seem to have been involved enough in games, when I've seen him play. Which admittedly is twice.

:P

He Often goes unnoticed, a la Mckinlay, did the dirty stuff well and allowed players like Izzet at the time to shine like Gudjonsson is now. Kisnorbo isnt just a ball winner on the floor hes superb in the air and won pretty much every aerial duel on Friday night. Fair enough he hasnt been up to scratch in certain games but i'm encouraged by what i've seen from him in the games like Sheffield United and Stoke, Wesolowski is due back soonish so Kisnorbo will be forced to brush up on his weaknesses or lose place to a better player. Its all good for the fans in that case.

Davie you are spot on but sadly there are too many people who want him to fail and they will never praise him no matter what he does. To blame him for the inability of our full backs and centre halves to deal with crosses just proves how prejudice people are towards him.

Everyone is currently singing Gudjonsson's praises, strange that has happened since he has been alongside PK, who does all the dirty work that no one appreciates. Mind you that what comes with the new breed of football supporterv :rolleyes:

I think you'll find that I and many other have been singing Gudjonsson's praises all season, well before Kisnorbo came into the team. In my opinion it's pretty daft to give any credit to Kisnorbo for Gudjonsson's excellent performances, because Joey has played well even without Kisnorbo partnering him in midfield.

Not from me. Barring Joey and one or two others, most of our squad is inconsistent.

I think you'll find that I and many other have been singing Gudjonsson's praises all season, well before Kisnorbo came into the team. In my opinion it's pretty daft to give any credit to Kisnorbo for Gudjonsson's excellent performances, because Joey has played well even without Kisnorbo partnering him in midfield.

Thank you for illustrating my point so well.

:thumbup:

He simply doesn't have the footballing brain or ability. Granted, he wins a few headers and tackles, but we need more than that. Kisnorbo is your typical lower league clogger, with plenty of energy/effort, and little on actual skill.

And for someone who is supposed to sit in front of the back 4, he's often found being dragged all over the pitch because he has his eyes on chasing the ball, and therefore tends to leave gaps in midfield.

What we need is somone who can sit in front of the back 4 in a disciplined manner, be confident in posession, and be able to link up the defence and attack effectively. Kisnorbo is merely a containing player, who doesn't offer anything going forward. There have been a number of occasions where he's been in posession of the ball, and he's been dispossed easily because he spends too long on the ball before deciding on what he wants to do.

A useful squad player, but not first team material.

Thank you for illustrating my point so well.

:thumbup:

Sorry, but give me a list of positive things Kisnorbo does for the team?

There's only 2, one of them being winning a few headers and the other being to chase and close down the opposition.

If that's good enough for you, fine. I expect footballers to do more than that. And I don't give credit for one midfielder just because his midfield partner plays well.

What's your excuse for him being the last man in defence and being caught in possession (like a schoolboy) in the last minute of the Stoke game? That sums up Kisnorbo for me. Sh*t.

Archived