Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rugbyblue

Leicester Tigers Tickets

I currently live in rugby and being a small town there aren't too many sports teams to follow.  Coventry are the closest and that just isn't an option!  I started taking my daughter to Leicester city (my boyhood team)  a few seasons back and she loves going now.  However she recently spotted welford road and wants to go to see tigers one week.  Does anybody know if they operate a ludicrous membership system like at the football or whether we can just walk up and buy a ticket 

2 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

I currently live in rugby and being a small town there aren't too many sports teams to follow.  Coventry are the closest and that just isn't an option!  I started taking my daughter to Leicester city (my boyhood team)  a few seasons back and she loves going now.  However she recently spotted welford road and wants to go to see tigers one week.  Does anybody know if they operate a ludicrous membership system like at the football or whether we can just walk up and buy a ticket 

Easy enough to get hold of a ticket, no membership barriers etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

Easy to get tickets but disgustingly expensive. 

Yeah,i thought that £40 for an adult.....Mrs has a ST down there,so i suppose it's pretty much the same thing as our "Walk up" prices.....Extortinate!

22 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Not cheap, but some areas are really reasonable

I wanted to go to a game earlier in the season with my young son, and it was going to cost me like £65 even in the very cheapest / worst seats. 

In fairness I did try to buy the tickets quite late and I do think they use demand-based pricing, so maybe there are better deals to be had.

I was most disappointed by the lack of concession for children. It’s no wonder the average age of the Tigers’ crowd is well into the 90s. 

Unfortunately Premiership Rugby Union is in a mess and they seem to think the way out of it is by hitting the fans in the pocket.

I have a season ticket down there and it was £430 this year, they have increased the price to £540 for a renewal for next season. My seat is currently available for next year at £610. I turned that down and moved to a "Tigers Seat" for £199 for the season (end blocks of the main stand)

Essentially you get 11 competitive games, 9 league and 2 European home games. They include three premiership cup fixtures and two preseason friendlies but they tend to put out a second 15 for those games, so I don't think anyone, other than the club,  really counts those fixtures

I'm not going to make the Exeter game so will have missed 4 out of the 11 this year for one reason or another. I was just thinking if i did the same next year that would work out to nearly £80 a game.

The current matchday price for my seat was just over £50 (probably looking at £60+ for next season) and whilst I like to go to the Tigershe my first love is the City and for that price I just wouldn't go at all.

The thing is it's not just the Tigers, they are actually at the lower end of Ticket/Season Ticket prices.

They voted to raise the salary cap for players, to encourage them to stay in England, but the fans are having to pay for it.

5 minutes ago, Livid said:

Unfortunately Premiership Rugby Union is in a mess and they seem to think the way out of it is by hitting the fans in the pocket.

I have a season ticket down there and it was £430 this year, they have increased the price to £540 for a renewal for next season. My seat is currently available for next year at £610. I turned that down and moved to a "Tigers Seat" for £199 for the season (end blocks of the main stand)

Essentially you get 11 competitive games, 9 league and 2 European home games. They include three premiership cup fixtures and two preseason friendlies but they tend to put out a second 15 for those games, so I don't think anyone, other than the club,  really counts those fixtures

I'm not going to make the Exeter game so will have missed 4 out of the 11 this year for one reason or another. I was just thinking if i did the same next year that would work out to nearly £80 a game.

The current matchday price for my seat was just over £50 (probably looking at £60+ for next season) and whilst I like to go to the Tigershe my first love is the City and for that price I just wouldn't go at all.

The thing is it's not just the Tigers, they are actually at the lower end of Ticket/Season Ticket prices.

They voted to raise the salary cap for players, to encourage them to stay in England, but the fans are having to pay for it.

I took a look on the Tigers forum about pricing a while ago. Notwithstanding that forums are not the most reliable place to look, but so many seemed to justify the rises and lap it up, akin to the KPFC-ites here.

I guess with an older, loyal fanbase and the stereotype that most have good disposable income means it's easier for them, but it just highlights that fandom like that really isn't limited to football.

• Like 1

Obviously no good if a sell out but when I go tigers these days I basically buy the cheapest ticket I can and then when game kicks off I’ll look for empty seats in better areas. I’ve often bought a standing ticket then finished bang behind the posts high up in a seat which was trading for twice the price. In fact one game last season I even swapped ends at half time to be behind the goal Tigers were attacking. Just look confident and the stewards will never quiz u. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I took a look on the Tigers forum about pricing a while ago. Notwithstanding that forums are not the most reliable place to look, but so many seemed to justify the rises and lap it up, akin to the KPFC-ites here.

I guess with an older, loyal fanbase and the stereotype that most have good disposable income means it's easier for them, but it just highlights that fandom like that really isn't limited to football.

I don’t think many will not renew, there is a certain affluence down there you don’t see so much of at the city, you only have to look at where the buses run from to games Oakham, Melton, Market Harborough to see the demographic they attract.

To be fair it’s been pretty good value for years but the loss of the London Irish, Wasps and Worcester fixture’s has diminished the value. The reduction in fixtures and increasing prices just pushed me to this point. 

I do feel a bit put out at having to move seats away from people I’ve sat with for years. They have also introduced a staggered range of benefits depending on the level of your season ticket, which is leaving me feeling a little like I’m sitting in third class. I’m going to give it this season and if the product on the field doesn’t improve I’ll probably give it up. 

On 15/04/2024 at 15:19, rugbyblue said:

I remember Rugby being in the top division with Tigers many moons ago. One of my earliest memories of live sport is seeing them draw an end of season game at Welford Road (which helped them avoid relegation I recall)