Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Heskey2011

How difficult is it to get promoted after being relegated?

38 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

There will be less emphasis on forcing things to happen. First 70 mins against Leeds or the game against Bournemouth are good indicators of this.

I think this is right, in the Champ most teams are happy to camp there all game and look for that one chance like the previous 2 games, trying to play football against that is never going to be easy playing like this and thats in almost every game.

Teams in the Prem will be on the front foot, looking to create and games will be a lot better viewing even playing like how we do right now

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Why is it more suited to the prem? 
Yes teams don’t defend so deep, but we also wouldn’t see as much of the ball and our frailties would be further exposed.

:thumbup:

But yes, we would need some  better players if we went up to make a  go of it... losing Madders and  Barnes took away some of our attacking spark and we havnt really got a striker who would be up for it.. so i wouldn't judge our suitability to make a go of it in the prem with our current set of players.

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

I'd add...

Ndidi 

Kante

Evans

Justin

Hermansan 

Castagne

Mavididi 

Off the top of my head.

All of these have proved value for money I would say and all arrived after  Pearson left. 

That's a huge list of successful signings .

Not all signing work our at ANY club. But that's a big list of successful ones we have had. 

Castagne??? I’d have driven him to London myself.

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

If you still have a squad full of internationals and a clutch of Premier league standard players who cost millions and are on mega bucks then it should be a piece of piss.

Correct. We are as well placed as any side I think ever to get promoted. On a par with something like Newcastle in 2010. Failure to do so would be abject underperformance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

One 2 of us, Leeds and Southampton could automatically go up and all fit your profile- so is it a piece of piss for all 3?

In terms of internationals, who do we actually have who plays at a decent level? Nacho barely played at Afcon, Praet hasn't played for Belgium for years and Faes is a bit part player.

Its like saying in Chelseas budget winning the league should be a piece of piss.

Faes actually played every single minute of Belgium’s Euro 2024 qualifying campaign - the only one to do so.

• 2 weeks later...