Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jon the Hat

Bid Accepted for Boyd

why are we getting beaten to players by sheffield bloody wednesday?!

What do you mean getting beaten to players by Wednesday???

We have'nt even made a bid for him :blink::huh::blink::blink::blink::rolleyes:

And Levein might not even be intrested in signing him :rolleyes:

I can see him coming here because we are still a team that he could improve his career with and with all the players from scotland here I can see it happening

unless someone knows something I dont and he definetly isnt coming here?? :)

I can see him coming here because we are still a team that he could improve his career with and with all the players from scotland here I can see it happening

unless someone knows something I dont and he definetly isnt coming here?? :)

I too think he would be tempted here what with all the Scottish connections and lets face it, we may be ina shit position but our club has a fairly big name and even if he joined a lowly premiership club like sunderland he would still be playing in the championship next season anyway....

They beat us to the signing of Burton O'Brien this summer I think?! :huh:

Levein said he was never intrested in him. Mad Biker also confirmed that we had not made a bid for him :thumbup:

Good Job aswell , a few of my wednesday mates have all said how lazy he is , we deffo dont need another Lazy git in the team ;):yawn:

Levein said he was never intrested in him. Mad Biker also confirmed that we had not made a bid for him :thumbup:

Good Job aswell , a few of my wednesday mates have all said how lazy he is , we deffo dont need another Lazy git in the team ;):yawn:

Oh right, well if Mad Biker said we didn't make a bid... ;)

Nobody's beaten us - as there's no indication we've been in for him.

And, Shef Wed haven't signed him yet anyhoo - they've agreed a fee, but not personal terms with Boyd himself - until they do, he won't be joining.

And who would want to go to Shef Wed? He turned down Cardiff - currently 7th. Wednesday are 22nd. If he turned down Cardiff who are doing reasonably well so far, what chance do Wednesday have of signing him?

Basically, so far, Wednesday are leading the race for him because they've agreed a fee. Once the transfer market opens, or shortly before, other interested parties will throw their hats in - I'm sure somebody else in the league will be after him (maybe us, who knows?) and then it's down to Boyd signing personal terms.

Anything could happen in the next 40-odd days or so.

Not sure this means much.

Kilmarnock will allow him to talk to any club that offers 400k plus. I suspect he is holding out for a premiership club to make an offer in the transfer window, either by paying money up front or getting him for a knock-down price in the summer when he will be out of contract but young enough (I think) for Kilmarnock to get some sort of compensation.

Simon

Archived