Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cobbo

City on the lookout..

City On The Lookout

Assistant manager Rob Kelly today confirmed that Leicester were still actively looking to add to their squad when the transfer window re-opens next month.

Boss Craig Levein had hinted that the club were on the lookout for a new striker when the team were going through something of a goal drought in early November.

And even though the Foxes have found the net 10 times in their last five league games, Kelly indicated that efforts were being made behind the scenes to bring in some new blood.

He said: "I don't think we will be signing any million pound players, but we have got one or two things on the backburner that we are looking to do that will improve the squad.

"We have a certain profile that the players have to fit into. They have got to be hungry, have something of a point to prove and also be attracted to Leicester.

"We are in the business of trying to improve the squad, not weaken it, so unless we receive any £5million bids for any of our players I can't see anyone leaving."

lcfc.com

Well no one should be leaving then but if we add some quality, hopefully we can have a second half of the season out shining the first...but who knows.

5 Million!

What is Rob Kelly on about?

If any club offered a million for either Joey or Gerrbrand they'd be sold, of that I have no doubt!

Maybe Joey as his contract is up in the sumemr and he could walk for free but I doubt we'd sell Gerrbrand for that price. Levein priced Connolly up big time and Wigan were stupid enough to pay it, it appears to me that Levein is the sort of manager that says you pay 'x' amount or piss off. I know we are skint and the board may persuade Levein to sell if a decent offer comes in but I still think it would take a big offer for us to sell.

yep :D

ARe there any good prem class strikers not getting a game at their clubs.

I know their's cisse but he's out of our league :P

Helguson at Fulham, scored 20 goals for a relegation battlers Watford last season. Has not started a game for Fulham and has played only 123 min of premiership football for Fulham. Started twice for them in the Cup scored in both games. Just a suggestion.

Helguson at Fulham, scored 20 goals for a relegation battlers Watford last season. Has not started a game for Fulham and has played only 123 min of premiership football for Fulham. Started twice for them in the Cup scored in both games. Just a suggestion.

Good call :D

We certainly don't have the finance for Earnshaw, and although he doesn't start for WBA too often, he is certainly in Brian Robson's plan's, so doubt he will be available on the cheap.

As an accountant once told me "you never say never" but it must be pretty close in this instance. :(

Sounds like Hammond, except for the 20 goals :Dlol:P

Earnshaw will be going nowhere as he'll be needed as cover during the African Nations Cup in January.

Helguson could be more promising though... :)

How when hes Welsh? :blink:

Unless you mean cover for Kanu who may be off there, not sure though when Nigeria have the likes of Agahowa,martins,camara etc

Archived