Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Coventry Coach Bricked After QPR Victory

Story by Covsupport 20 December 2005

Coaches bricked

Coventry City supporters who travelled on the official coaches were attacked after the Sky Blues 1-0 win at Queens Park Rangers.

The two coaches that came from Coventry were attacked by QPR supporters waiting at a junction. The first coach approached the junction where ten QPR hooligans were waiting armed with bricks. This suffered only dented bodywork as it jumped a red light in order to escape.

However the second coach was trapped. A number of windows were put through with one City supporter suffering an injured shoulder.

The coaches had to stop at Oxford services on the M40 to wait for a replacement coach.

ok so we get a few bricks thru our fans coaches windows at reading away next away game and no-one is seriously hurt. i cant see them giving us much simpathy if there leading internet message board finds out,

just no-one got hurt and are rivals suffered a bit so one laugh might not go a miss :ph34r::thumbup:

obviously if your a total no hooliganaction dude you might not see the funny side and thats fine n all :thumbup:

Interesting this. A couple of weeks ago I went to the Stoke stadium to watch Stoke vs QPR. I was in the QPR section with a QPR supporter. After the match we went straight to our coach which took us back to the train station. We sat upstairs with a lot of the more troublesome QPR fans and we had police on board so I didn't feel too unsafe. However when our coach came just out of the ground we got surrounded by Stoke fans throwing stuff and banging the windows. I was genuinely scared and my friend said to me just keep your head down. Luckily nothing broke the windows but our coach had to move away seriously quickly and I'm sure if we'd been there longer something like a brick might have been thrown through. It really is a sad state of affairs when football becomes like this. On our coach at the front was a dad and his young daughter, it must have been horrible for her. Behaviour like this really is a disgrace to football and to our nation.

Indeed.

Remember, we still have to visit QPR. And I'm sure their yobs haven't forgotten the antics of L1 during the home game, and will try and seek "reprisals"..

Hope plod are more vigilant than they were last night!

Interesting this. A couple of weeks ago I went to the Stoke stadium to watch Stoke vs QPR. I was in the QPR section with a QPR supporter. After the match we went straight to our coach which took us back to the train station. We sat upstairs with a lot of the more troublesome QPR fans and we had police on board so I didn't feel too unsafe. However when our coach came just out of the ground we got surrounded by Stoke fans throwing stuff and banging the windows. I was genuinely scared and my friend said to me just keep your head down. Luckily nothing broke the windows but our coach had to move away seriously quickly and I'm sure if we'd been there longer something like a brick might have been thrown through. It really is a sad state of affairs when football becomes like this. On our coach at the front was a dad and his young daughter, it must have been horrible for her. Behaviour like this really is a disgrace to football and to our nation.

:o Stoke fans are fcuking scum. :mad:

As for this latest incident, its disgraceful. I don't see any justice being brought to these HOOLIGANS, yet, I am going to court for making a gesture. What a Joke.

Archived