Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
werestandingup_weresittingdown

Fave LCFC goal/Best LCFC goal

Favourite goal - Walsh's winner v. Derby - it gave us our first-EVER win at Wembley and buried the jinx forever on our games there.

Best goal - Joachim v. Pompey - the first time I'd ever seen a FOX score a winning goal at the hovel (and to date, still the only time... :(:( ). The goal and the scenes that followed were amazing!

Joachim wasn't a fox, he was and still is a human being :D:P

Has to be Keith Weller's (man in tights) goal of the month versus Norwich - one-two with The Birch on the half way line, then ran on to the line, cut inside, and beat the goalie at the near post..... oh what memories!!

Second - same player versus Newcastle (I think?) - first time volley from edge of the box from a corner on the right.

And the Goal of the Season (BBC) at Luton in the 1974 FA Cup run when he beat about 6 men before scoring.

Favourite - Claridge vs. Palace - 1996 Play Off Final

I was only 6 when this game was played, although I distinctly remember it with photogrpahic memory. I was in my living room, sat in a cardboard box that the new TV had just come in (dont ask :unsure: ), and when the goal flew in and the famous words from the commentator ( Richard Keys )

"This could be the winner from Claridge..... IT IS"

My whole family went into raptures knowing that we would be promoted and that we were back in dreamland again.

Best Goal - Keith Weller vs Luton - FA Cup 4th Round

Having not even been born when this goal went in, nor was even a twinkle in my parents eye (aaaaah :whistle: ) I love watching this goal on the 120 best Leicester City goals DVD or on The history of LCFC DVD.

It just oozes class and quality, the man in the tights, with the story behind them coming from the ever reliable Birch ( :unsure: ) that his missus found the tights and ask why Wells had them in the car, the actual story was that it was from a bird from the night before, but Keith came back with the quick reply he was wearing them in todays game, and it wasnt worth his salt if he didn't put them on.

He beasts 1 man... 2 .... 3 .... 4 ... 5.... 6.... then rifles it home.

Two absolute quality goals, and I absolutely bloody love them :thumbup:;):):D

Has to be Keith Weller's (man in tights) goal of the month versus Norwich - one-two with The Birch on the half way line, then ran on to the line, cut inside, and beat the goalie at the near post..... oh what memories!!

Second - same player versus Newcastle (I think?) - first time volley from edge of the box from a corner on the right.

And the Goal of the Season (BBC) at Luton in the 1974 FA Cup run when he beat about 6 men before scoring.

By sheer coincidence I was watching last season's DVD highlights today which had some footage in respect of Keith Weller's passing away, and it showed the goals mentioned above. They were pure brilliance from Weller, I was in awe of those goals! Truly magnificent.

Fave Goal

For the fact that it confirmed to us all that we had a team and players that could really play and complete in the premier league - Izzet's gloriously cool finish in last few minutes away to Villa to make it 3-1. October 96

Best Goal

Izzet away to Grimsby

Ooohhh, i do miss him

My favourite goal at a game I've been at would probably be Claridge's vs Palace..or Walshe's vs Derby..or Ian Marshall's last minute winner at Anfield in '99 :D..Walshies in the League Cup vs Fulham was great too, after he had messed up big time for their second, twas a cracking strike to get us into extra time, if that hadn't gone in we wouldn't have got to the final fo' sure!

Best ever for City would probably have to be Muzzy's vs Grimsby, aint often you see one of 'em.

• 5 months later...

favourite is claridge vs palace at wembley every single time. goosebumps goal, slow motion goal whatever you wanna call it its a piece of LCFC history and his name is written in it. he is a legend. i keep meaning to buy the finals dvd's and especially that game as i remember little except o'neill bringing on kalac for penos and then 1 min later with the last kick we win it and go absolutely berserk. nearly 10 years ago to the day now...feels like yesterday. i remember being on tube trains packed with city fans singing songs all the way down there and all the way back. wish that could happen again sometime soon.

best goal i witnessed probably nalis vs leeds. best lcfc goal i have seen muzzy vs grimbsby

Favourite goal - Walsh's winner v. Derby - it gave us our first-EVER win at Wembley and buried the jinx forever on our games there.

I'd have to agree with that :D It was just so clean... in from the corner and BAM Stevie's header sends it through!

The Claridge v Palace was gold too cos of what we got out of it... I remember the bemused look on Martyn's face as the cannonball went flying past his head!

Izzet's goal can be watched here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjHb0Y5BOGM

Archived