Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Paddy Will Stay Cool

I'll stay cool!

Paddy McCarthy is promising to control the aggression that ultimately cost him his Leicester City shirt for the last two games.

Following a two-match ban, the former Republic of Ireland Under-21 defender is in line for an instant recall for the Boxing Day home clash with Millwall.

And McCarthy is vowing that he will learn from his “silly†sending-off.

McCarthy missed the defeat at Stoke and last Saturday's home draw with Crewe following his dismissal for arguing with the officials over Matthew Kilgallon's controversial winning goal at Leeds a fortnight ago.

The 22-year-old said: “I know that I let everyone down, including the manager, the staff, the supporters and my team-mates, by getting sent off at Leeds.

“I realise I can't do that. What I did at Elland Road was a silly thing to do. I let my emotion get the better of me.

“But I have learned my lesson from that. The gaffer has also had a word with me and I will try to show controlled aggression from now on.â€Â

McCarthy admits that having to watch from the sidelines has been a frustrating experience.

“I am really looking forward to getting back out there again against Millwall,†he said.

“It's been really frustrating watching from the touchline. I have wanted to be out there doing my bit for the cause.â€Â

McCarthy's return will give boss Craig Levein the chance to reunite him and Patrik Gerr-brand at the heart of defence.

Assistant manager Rob Kelly said McCarthy's availability was a boost. “He gives the manager another option,†said Kelly. “He is a young player who has matured quite quickly. His performances on the whole have been good this season.â€Â

Source: http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

Umm its not paddy I am that bothered about loosing his cool, frankly I would have done what he did against Leeds, it was such a bad decision !

Its Mabes I worry about .... it doesn't take a lot to send him to the edge, I honestly thought he was gonna get sent off against Sheff Utd !

Umm its not paddy I am that bothered about loosing his cool, frankly I would have done what he did against Leeds, it was such a bad decision !

Hmm surely you don't use that kind of language? :P

Its Mabes I worry about .... it doesn't take a lot to send him to the edge, I honestly thought he was gonna get sent off against Sheff Utd !

Maybs knows he has to work on that. And he is has been around longer than Paddy. So I hope he also knows HOW to work on that. Or we'll be in trouble :P

Hopefully he's learned his lesson...

It will be good if he doesn't intimidate and shout insults at match officials in the future but...

I also don't like it when he slaps players in his team. Don't know, it doesn't feel right to me. :(

He goes too far quite often. It's very nice to see someone who actually cares about the level of both their own performances and that of the side. In recent times, we've had too many players who couldn't care less.

He certainly needs to control his temper a bit more when dealing with match officials though.

Archived